General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, those photos are from their dinner a few weeks ago.

I've only seen them now though.... I had seen those of them coming out the pub but not these ones

I think Will and Charles had a command performance in Scotland this weekend, the weekend before the vote, no matter how sick Kate is. I suppose that's practical. She can barf without him holding the bag while he makes one last final good impression on the Scots.

I think Will and Charles had a command performance in Scotland this weekend, the weekend before the vote, no matter how sick Kate is. I suppose that's practical. She can barf without him holding the bag while he makes one last final good impression on the Scots.

It would be nice of the younger royals spent more time in Scotland. You don't see them there much or wearing kilts. They don't even attend the Braemar Gathering.

It would be nice of the younger royals spent more time in Scotland. You don't see them there much or wearing kilts. They don't even attend the Braemar Gathering.

No, they don't. And I bet that's been noticed by the Scots.

No, they don't. And I bet that's been noticed by the Scots.

The younger royals probably spend more time in Scotland than they do in Wales or Northern Ireland. Why should they attend Braemar games? HM, the DoE and the PoW do pretty much always do. The Braemar Games are hardly a national event, even for Scotland. IMO, the Braemer games are no different from the Sandringham flower show - a key event on the local calendar, but hardly one that has resonance with the rest of the county, let alone the UK.

It would look pretty suspicious if William would have worn a kilt to church on the Sunday before the vote when the last time the public have seen him in a kilt he was a small child.

He did choose to spend 4 years at St Andrews and the Cambridges have done more engagements in Scotland than they have in Wales or NI. They have not been back to NI since their pre wedding pancake day visit.

The young royals always spend time at Balmoral in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Martin ‏@CourtierUK 12 min Kate’s been expected to attend the Gilkes wedding for some time now, since pre-baby announcement. Would be disaster if she went now though.

I don't think she will be going but still

Martin ‏@CourtierUK 12 min Kate’s been expected to attend the Gilkes wedding for some time now, since pre-baby announcement. Would be disaster if she went now though.

I don't think she will be going but still

"but still" what? There is a question mark as to whether the wedding is this w/end or not but prob this weekend as Harry, Bea, Eugenie, Carole, Pippa and Nico have already arrived. William is obviously not going this weekend. She is not likely to go on her own.

However, if the wedding was next weekend and she is better, then why not?

Is she going to get pilloried if she leaves the house anytime in the next 7 months?

"but still" what? There is a question mark as to whether the wedding is this w/end or not but prob this weekend as Harry, Bea, Eugenie, Carole, Pippa and Nico have already arrived. William is obviously not going this weekend. She is not likely to go on her own.

However, if the wedding was next weekend and she is better, then why not?

Is she going to get pilloried if she leaves the house anytime in the next 7 months?

I don't think she is going but if she was it wouldn't be a good move . She is ill and had to cancel Malta but she would be well enoough to fly over italy.. Anyway The wedding is this weekend I guess so can't see her going...

If the wedding would be next weeknd as you say yes, nothing to say... and I've never suggested she should stay at home the whole 9 months... please for god's sake

Last edited:
View From Online - News from West Dorset, East Devon & South Somerset

Prince George House

The Prince of Wales and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have agreed to a supported living scheme in Dorchester being named Prince George House.

Developed by East Boro Housing, the facility provides a home with support services for five adults with learning disabilities.

Prince George House, on Poundbury, is close to another East Boro supported living scheme, Cambridge Court.

The organisation runs a similar facility at Digby Court in Edward Road, which houses eight tenants with learning disabilities.

Last edited:
Local charity benefits from Prince George's birthday - Comox Valley Record
In late July the residents of Stevenson Place held a tea in honour of Prince George’s first birthday.

As the Royal baby has everything he could possibly need, it was suggested that a local charity could be helped with gifts from the residents. Fill A Bag is one such group that assists “at risk” mothers who come to the Valley to have their babies at St. Joseph’s Hospital.

Some of these women are on their own or live in remote locations with little support. Boxes of diapers, baby clothes, toys and personal care items were collected and then given to Marilee Cameron from the charity.

A letter was sent to the Royal couple, congratulating them on George’s first birthday and to the residents’ surprise, they received a letter from Prince William’s personal secretary, thanking Stevenson Place residents for their thoughtfulness and generosity. What a lovely treat it was to hear from the palace!

Last edited:
Prince William launches legal action against paparazzi to stop son George being hounded during park walks with nanny-
Prince William launches legal action against paparazzi to stop son George being hounded during park walks with nanny - UK - News - London Evening Standard

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 3h 3 hours ago
"The Duke and Duchess have taken legal steps to ask that an individual ceases harassing and following both Prince George and his nanny"

“There is reason to suspect that the individual may been placing Prince George under surveillance and monitoring his daily routines"

"“The individual was spotted at a central London Park in the vicinity of Prince George, who was removed from the park immediately."

"William and Kate - and Prince Harry - feel a line has been crossed which needs to be dealt with now for George’s sake..."

Well they do the right thing in taking legal actions in this case in my opinion. I would certainly do the same if I were in their position.

I'm glad they took action too. I find it really creepy that the paps were monitoring and following George.

Video:
Prince George 'harassment' warning to photographer-
BBC News - Prince George 'harassment' warning to photographer

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 2h 2 hours ago
Unless KP lawyers and photographers agree a comprise, William and Kate will have to seek a court injunction over contested harassment claims

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 2h 2 hours ago
Photographers in Prince George legal warning deny claims of harassment saying KP claims are 'spurious, false and wholly without foundation’

Last edited:
Lets look at it this way: there is a name for the types of people who go about taking photographs of young children and normally these types are cautioned and have their computers checked. I see no difference just because the child in question is royal and the person who is taking the photographs calls him or herself a photographer!

I heard on the news tonight that the photographer in question released a 7 page response and stated he would continue to try to get "the" picture as it sells. I seem to recall George's grandmother died because of that very mentality held by photographers.

I heard on the news tonight that the photographer in question released a 7 page response and stated he would continue to try to get "the" picture as it sells. I seem to recall George's grandmother died because of that very mentality held by photographers.

Sad. Some people never learn these lessons.

Prince William launches legal action against paparazzi to stop son George being hounded during park walks with nanny-
Prince William launches legal action against paparazzi to stop son George being hounded during park walks with nanny - UK - News - London Evening Standard

"The Duke and Duchess have taken legal steps to ask that an individual ceases harassing and following both Prince George and his nanny"

“There is reason to suspect that the individual may been placing Prince George under surveillance and monitoring his daily routines"

"“The individual was spotted at a central London Park in the vicinity of Prince George, who was removed from the park immediately."

"William and Kate - and Prince Harry - feel a line has been crossed which needs to be dealt with now for George’s sake..."

The Queen certainly thinks there is private time and working hours. I'll wager the Queen thinks Prince George is entitled to private time. She is after-all the Boss

The new get-tough approach has the full support of the Prince of Wales, Prince William, Prince Harry and other senior members of the Royal family, who are now prepared to take legal action against what they see as the "intrusive and unacceptable behaviour" of photographers.

Paddy Harverson, the Prince Charles's communications secretary, unusually went on the record yesterday to acknowledge the new approach.

"Members of the Royal family feel they have a right to privacy when they are going about everyday, private activities," he told The Sunday Telegraph.

"They recognise there is a public interest in them and what they do, but they do not think this extends to photographing the private activities of them and their friends."

The change of tack was quietly planned earlier this year when Samantha Cohen, the Queen's press secretary, and Mr Tyrrell, a senior partner with London solicitors Harbottle & Lewis, made a private visit to Tim Toulmin, the director of the PCC.
The Queen gets tough on paparazzi in royal privacy row - Telegraph

No, George's grandmother died because she chose to get into a car being driven by someone who had been drinking and who drove recklessly and at excessive speed, and because she wasn't wearing a seat belt.

And "the" picture wouldn't sell if no-one wanted to buy it.

I realize there is a natural interest in George, he is after all, a future King.

But at the end of the day...how many different pictures do you need of a toddler going for a walk in the park? Surely, what kind of "shot" is he looking for?

Surely, a toddler has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

:previous: I know! He's a cute kid but how many photos do people really need to see of him? But if the magazines and other media didn't pay large amounts of money for the photos, the photographers wouldn't bother. And why do they pay a lot of money for the photos? Because people buy more magazines if they contain photos of George. Why doesn't William plead to the public to avoid buying magazines with unofficial photos of George in them? Because royals want the public to be interested in them, and the public wouldn't take well to being told that they shouldn't buy something they want to buy. The RF needs all the publicity it can get.

This issue is a complex one. A toddler shouldn't be hounded by photographers, but I can't help feeling William is seeking special treatment. As long as the photographers are complying with the laws that apply to everyone I think it is a necessary evil. If George is taken into a public park he is going to be photographed, if not by professional photographers then by people with camera phones or tourists with personal cameras. But if the photographers have been breaking the law then they should be prosecuted under the law, but special laws should not be made for the royals and other celebrities.

What is a person's expectation of privacy when walking in a public park? Does William think that no professional photographer should photograph his child/children in a public park, regardless of how far away they are from their quarry? If it goes to court, the litigation will be worth following.

Last edited:
:previous: I know! He's a cute kid but how many photos do people really need to see of him? But if the magazines and other media didn't pay large amounts of money for the photos, the photographers wouldn't bother. And why do they pay a lot of money for the photos? Because people buy more magazines if they contain photos of George. Why doesn't William plead to the public to avoid buying magazines with unofficial photos of George in them? Because royals want the public to be interested in them, and the public wouldn't take well to being told that they shouldn't buy something they want to buy. The RF needs all the publicity it can get.

This issue is a complex one. A toddler shouldn't be hounded by photographers, but I can't help feeling William is seeking special treatment. As long as the photographers are complying with the laws that apply to everyone I think it is a necessary evil. If George is taken into a public park he is going to be photographed, if not by professional photographers then by people with camera phones or tourists with personal cameras. But if the photographers have been breaking the law then they should be prosecuted under the law, but special laws should not be made for the royals and other celebrities.

What is a person's expectation of privacy when walking in a public park? Does William think that no professional photographer should photograph his child/children in a public park, regardless of how far away they are from their quarry? If it goes to court, the litigation will be worth following.

I agree with a lot of what you say. With social media photos are bound to surface, as we have seen of Wills & Kate going about their private life. However, if someone is stalking George or any member of the BRF then they should be prosecuted, its creepy! But as you point out the BRF rely on public interest, without the public wanting them, well they would just be another wealthy family. Wills needs to remind himself of just what he and his wife represent and while he craves normality, he is not 'normal' and his presence, photos, appearances are what keeps the Firm in a job.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

If its a Royal Park such as Kensington Garden or Hyde Park, you need a permit to take pictures for professional purposes.

Some of the royal reporters on twitter were saying if the Queen came to your neighbors house in a private capacity would you take a picture. The Queen is an adult not a toddler. Camilla Tominey was arguing that in was in the public interest for photos of George to be taken to show he developing properly because he is the future King. There are 2 people ahead of George for the throne. It's not like the Princes in the Tower and Richard III. How would Camilla, who had a baby around the same time as George was born, feel if Prince Harry showed up at her house to take pictures of her kid every time the kid went outside? They blur the faces of the PM's kids when the pictured with their dad in the papers but there is a great need for a toddler kicking a football picture.

WK were okay with photos of George when taken when officially in public such as during the tour, but that didn't stop them from getting papped on their day off. George was photographed just the day before as part on the Canberra arrival. But they still took pictures when they are off duty.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
If its a Royal Park such as Kensington Garden or Hyde Park, you need a permit to take pictures for professional purposes.

100 pounds per year. The applicant has to agree to the terms and conditions. It would be easy to add a term prohibiting photographing royal babies/children. Simples, as my favourite TV commercial meercat would say. :D

This issue is a complex one. A toddler shouldn't be hounded by photographers, but I can't help feeling William is seeking special treatment.

I don't think so. I suspect William is dealing with a situation unique to England and the BRF's younger royal generations. William is saying 'no'. He's being reasonable, I think, and for sure likely doing this with the agreement of his father and grandmother. JMO. :flowers:

As long as the photographers are complying with the laws that apply to everyone I think it is a necessary evil.

Disagree. There is nothing 'necessary' about being photographed.

If George is taken into a public park he is going to be photographed, if not by professional photographers then by people with camera phones or tourists with personal cameras.

He should not have to deal with that. No one should. It's crazy making. It really is. In particular for children.

But if the photographers have been breaking the law then they should be prosecuted under the law, but special laws should not be made for the royals and other celebrities.

Well, special laws have come into effect in California precisely to protect the children of celebrities. Even celebrities themselves need protection and laws have been passed to protect them.

As a private person you may be aware that you are being randomly photographed. You are not targeted. But if you find that you are actually being targeted (perhaps because you resemble someone well known, or perhaps because you yourself have some wider fame), you will find the invasion of your personal space at such a level as beyond jarring. It's a very unpleasant experience to the psyche. Imagine what that would be like for a child.

What is a person's expectation of privacy when walking in a public park?

A modern question for a time of relentless invasions in so many ways.

Does William think that no professional photographer should photograph his child/children in a public park, regardless of how far away they are from their quarry? If it goes to court, the litigation will be worth following.

Better asked is what does the BRF think. I think William is the proxy for the BRF in this whole endeavor. It appears that Prince Edward's children are having their privacy respected. William and the BRF have every reason to fear that the photographers will not become less of a plague but far more insistent as William's and Kate's children grow. IMO William and the BRF have to make the boundary clear now rather than later. Society has changed from decades ago. Laws (unfortunately) have to be enacted where once just good manners would have and did make do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom