General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GracieGiraffe,

you can rationalise the causes of the Diana's death till you are blue in the face, but how William & Harry internalised and processed the loss of their mother, amidst worldwide hysteria' is unknown to anyone but them [and possibly] their father... the psychological damage wrought on their personalities and attitude to the intrusions of the press into EVERY aspect of their lives probably run very deep and may never have been wholly understood or articulated by the princes themselves.
Given that, I [like Pranter] am amazed his relationship with the press is as functional as it is !

I completely agree with you. I'd also add that the press only gives the public what it wants, and is therefore merely an arm of the public. I think Will and Harry realize this. This is why I am beginning to realize we won't seem much of Will, Kate or their minor children much at all, whether he is not the heir, the heir, or the king.

IMHO William and Kate will follow the predictable patterns that most royals have with their children: newborn photo, christening photo, older infant, 1st birthday, 18 mo., new sibling, annual photo sessions, and first days of school.

Can you explain why you see that? How do you see it? :flowers:

He's always seemed much more reserved and thoughtful...less prone to rash actions (outside those typical of boys/teens). He's more of a thinker like Charles. I think he's probably a bit more sensitive than he actually appears.

LaRae

He's always seemed much more reserved and thoughtful...less prone to rash actions (outside those typical of boys/teens). He's more of a thinker like Charles. I think he's probably a bit more sensitive than he actually appears.

LaRae

Thank you. I can see what you mean. :flowers:

I appreciate that Dman ensures that we see a variety of articles on the royal family, but I wish I hadn't clicked on the link about Catherine taking George to the park. I think one of the main reasons William and Catherine have decided to move their primary residence away from London is so that they can take their child outside of their private gardens without making the news.

"Touching tribute to Diana ". Its this sort of nauseating pap that turns people off. Its the nearest playground to KP, and I would guess that it wasn't a tribute.

And I agree with US Royal Watcher- they want to escape this attention.

Let's see
A mother who was hounded al the time by photographers
A mother who died trying to get away from photographers
A woman who was sexually violated by a scum bag with a camera

Yeah I'd be neurotic as well. William is probably award that if you give them an inch they will take a mile, he doesn't like photographers but he is dealing with them. What more can we ask.

Let's also not forget that William and Kate, along with many of their family and friends, had their phones hacked on literally hundreds of occasions to get information on them. This went on for years and was an open secret among the press. Thanks to William's figuring out what was going on, such disgusting law-breaking was brought into the public and several journalists are now serving lengthy jail terms as a result.

The press was also paying police officers, army officers and royal staff members large amounts of cash for personal and private information about them

Oh, and the fact that they tapped, recorded and published Charles's personal phone calls for their own titillation.

By any standard, William has every reason to be wary with the press.

William and Catherine have always been a quiet couple, preferring nights at home or with small circle of friends. Except for some brief periods of time, neither were big nightclub partiers.
would you prefer less media photos since they spend time at home or more photos showing them drunk leaving night clubs and such?

I think that Leonor and Sofia have had their own dolls as well.

It sounds very sarcastic IMO

I think the meaning is: she has time to go shopping a lot but not to work for her charities:ermm:

Her work schedule is more than likely overseen by "The Firm". She can suggest but they need to approve. IMHO

Her work schedule is more than likely overseen by "The Firm". She can suggest but they need to approve. IMHO

I agree. :flowers: What freedom she has in her public life will remain an unknown until someone 'talks', which I suspect won't happen in this case. I just have a hunch that someone like Kate is not a 'free agent' (in her public life anyway).

It sounds very sarcastic IMO

I think the meaning is: she has time to go shopping a lot but not to work for her charities:ermm:

Oh, well some may not know that Catherine do work on behalf of her charities and is in constant contact with them and it's officials. She will also gain more charitable patronages as well. August is a very slow month for the royals and they're off for most of it.

Its unfortunate that Kate is seen shopping but not working. Its always easy to claim that she 'works behind the scenes' but royal work is all about being seen in public and getting attention for the cause. It only adds to the lazy image.

Its unfortunate that Kate is seen shopping but not working. Its always easy to claim that she 'works behind the scenes' but royal work is all about being seen in public and getting attention for the cause. It only adds to the lazy image.

I agree that Catherine and William should be seen more on public duties but August is off time for many of the royals. She and the royals do a great deal behind the scenes, but the problem for Catherine, a lot of what she do behind the scenes isn't highlighted. I liked when Charles's official office released videos of the stuff he do behind the scenes. If they did that for William & Catherine, everyone would see them working, making calls and going through correspondents with their private secretaries. They do all these things on official engagement days and off days.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...s-for-the-british-royals-2014-a-36291-10.html

HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 102
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 78
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 66

I wonder why you always drag Prince Harry (and The Duchess of Cornwall) into these useless discussions. There's no competition between the Royals. That's an idiotic thing some TRF posters invented.

They all have different positions and functions within the Royal Family, Their work schedule cannot be compared.

When people accuse Kate of being lazy and doing nothing except shop, I like to provide a bit of perspective to the discussion.

She surely is doing much more than just shop if her official engagements total is higher than her brother-in-law's totals.

Yes Harry has a desk job with the army but he is given as much time away for royal engagements as he needs. The quote from the Mirror article states he is hardly ever in the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom