General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Why William resigned from the RAF is a mystery because it just plain makes no sense. William has never had an ebullient nature and to be honest, the most enthusiasm he has ever shown was for his flying career, which he obviously loved. Confounding us because there was no clear career or calling that was motivating such a radical change.

It was therefore, hardly surprising that word came from KP that he was, in effect, taking yet another gap year to presumably discover his passion since it became very clear, very quickly, that being a full time royal "living over the £4.5 million refitted shop" at KP wasn't it.

It is curious that a 32 year old man with his birthright and advantages is still given to acting with childish petulance or just plain sulking much of the time. To be honest, I would at least admire him if he came out and said he and his wife were retiring from public life and moving to Anmer Hall at Sandringham until further notice. At least we would all know what was what, no false expectations, no disappointments.

Whatever the cause, this is a rare mis-step by the BRF and handled very poorly by their combined public relations office!

I admit that their office haven't handled things well but I think a great deal of that is down to their bosses. The whole thing has left even the veteran royal correspondents and reporters confused. They really shouldn't be doing anything that would cause them to cut back on their official duties, IMO.

Agreed. It is possible that the only other apartments that were of the right size for a family were occupied by Gloucesters and Kents. William would have known of the pros-cons of his former home as well.

Agreed. and who knows, perhaps Harry is hoping for Diana's old apartments.

I admit that their office haven't handled things well but I think a great deal of that is down to their bosses. The whole thing has left even the veteran royal correspondents and reporters confused. They really shouldn't be doing anything that would cause them to cut back on their official duties, IMO.

I agree - we might be shooting the messengers here.

Agreed. and who knows, perhaps Harry is hoping for Diana's old apartments.

I'm not sure Diana's old apartment is available. It's been turned into an office for one of Charles's charities, from what I know. Of course it can be turned over to Harry, if that's what his plans are.

I'm not sure Diana's old apartment is available. It's been turned into an office for one of Charles's charities, from what I know. Of course it can be turned over to Harry, if that's what his plans are.

Some of the rooms house w, k & h's offices and charities. If I remember correctly, the living/dining rooms were being redone in which to host charity functions.

It would be made available if it was wanted, just as William and Kate's apartment was.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Popsugar has published some shots of Kate, George and a memeber of the entourage walking the park (pics taken a month ago more or less). Now they have mysteriously been removed... You can find them on twitter... They are all spread now...

The woman with Kate and George is the RPO, Sgt Emma Probert.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Thanks:flowers: I don't know why the pics were removed... maybe a scod from the palace? But if so they didn't object to the shots with the nanny:ermm:

Popsugar has published some shots of Kate, George and a memeber of the entourage walking the park (pics taken a month ago more or less). Now they have mysteriously been removed... You can find them on twitter... They are all spread now...

Maybe if they were less neurotic about the paps (and the public with camera phones), there would be less stress in their lives.

I just never seen a group of people attend more weddings like the royals. Most of the people I know are having children but aren't getting married so there are not weddings to attend.

It is the age of the two princes - thirty is the time of life when young people decide to marry. Also, the group of people they mix with, can afford to have the weddings they desire and many titled friends are expected to marry to ensure the future of their inheritance. (Sadly as you get older, you find yourself attending as many funerals- if not more.)

It is the age of the two princes - thirty is the time of life when young people decide to marry. Also, the group of people they mix with, can afford to have the weddings they desire and many titled friends are expected to marry to ensure the future of their inheritance. (Sadly as you get older, you find yourself attending as many funerals- if not more.)

I'm up there in age, so I understand. I also understand the differences in the class. After two or three weddings, I would probably throw up my hands at the rest. The only part to look forward to is the eating of the cake.

Maybe if they were less neurotic about the paps (and the public with camera phones), there would be less stress in their lives.

Let's see
A mother who was hounded al the time by photographers
A mother who died trying to get away from photographers
A woman who was sexually violated by a scum bag with a camera

Yeah I'd be neurotic as well. William is probably award that if you give them an inch they will take a mile, he doesn't like photographers but he is dealing with them. What more can we ask.

Last edited:
I have always found it amazing that William is able to have any sort of positive relationship with the media. I would imagine it is not easy for him to deal with them on any level.

LaRae

^^^Agree with everyone regarding the media and William. TBH I believe that most of current royal parents have clear boundaries established with the media and their children. Diana was more than willing to let the press know when they'd crossed the line when it came to photographing her boys.

Let's see
A mother who was hounded al the time by photographers
A mother who died trying to get away from photographers
A woman who was sedually violated by a scum bag with a camera

Yeah I'd be neurotic as well. William is probably award that if you give them an inch they will take a mile, he doesn't like photographers but he is dealing with them. What more can we ask.

His mother courted the press - it's she who helped create this monster.

Will has to work with the press; he has no choice. His son, whether he likes it or not is a public figure. I agree that George is entitled to a private life, but I sense that Will goes about it all the wrong way - he needs to work with press, not against them.

He also needs to realize that the "press" as a group did not kill his mother, who was actually killed by a drunk driver taking commands from a rich fool.

I think eventually it will be , till william was married he too was living like harry , and suddenly apt 1 A became available for them ..not a coincidence . They are royals and there is plebty of space to give the charity accommodation elsewhere , plus I dont see harry marrying till 2018-2020 so there's no hurry :whistling:

He also needs to realize that the "press" as a group did not kill his mother, who was actually killed by a drunk driver taking commands from a rich fool.

I agree with the bolded, though that night was very complicated.

I also think that William (based on what I see) has achieved his balance with the press. As much as some may have found the way he reached that balance unfortunate, it achieved the desired outcome. The press has backed off and is more cautious. William is more relaxed and playing by the rules of the PR game. Everyone is happy. :flowers:

I think William is more reserved by nature , hence he keeps away from the press or stays under the radar , compared to his younger brother who does most of the same stuff but manages to get caught .

William is more like Charles in nature.

LaRae

IMO he's also like the Queen. All three are the eldest child (which determined their roles) and are naturally introverted. Their younger siblings were/are more outgoing.

I have always found it amazing that William is able to have any sort of positive relationship with the media. I would imagine it is not easy for him to deal with them on any level.

LaRae

I am also amazed by that. He probably lives with the pain of what happened to his mom everyday, yet he still has a relationship with the media even if it is sometimes strained. I have not watched many interviews with him, but the ones I have seen he always comes off as friendly with the reporter. Now added on to what happened to his mother is what was done to his wife. I'm from Texas and I know some men would have been on trial for how they would have responded to that situation. We forget about it and move on, I suspect they never do and are possibly reminded of what was done to them every time they seesomeone with a camera.

His mother courted the press - it's she who helped create this monster.

Will has to work with the press; he has no choice. His son, whether he likes it or not is a public figure. I agree that George is entitled to a private life, but I sense that Will goes about it all the wrong way - he needs to work with press, not against them.

Diana courted the press at times and was hounded by them at other times. William has worked with them all his adult life he just never will accept that his private life should be public entertainment. He has done his job he has worked with the press for years as has his brother, they've only do e it on their terms not the medias; I applaud them both for Howe they have handled the situation.

GracieGiraffe,

you can rationalise the causes of the Diana's death till you are blue in the face, but how William & Harry internalised and processed the loss of their mother, amidst worldwide hysteria' is unknown to anyone but them [and possibly] their father... the psychological damage wrought on their personalities and attitude to the intrusions of the press into EVERY aspect of their lives probably run very deep and may never have been wholly understood or articulated by the princes themselves.
Given that, I [like Pranter] am amazed his relationship with the press is as functional as it is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom