General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves. :lol:

I know one like that (without all the accidents) and he is amazing. His last teacher didn’t like him too much though. She just got out of school and wanted a class filled with little robots. My nephew doesn’t function that way though and now school (and my sister) want to have him tested for adhd... :ermm:

If George is really enjoying his swims over at BP, I can see where William says that bath times are painful. I can also imagine the shape the bathroom is in once George's bath is finished.

:D

I know one like that (without all the accidents) and he is amazing. His last teacher didn’t like him too much though. She just got out of school and wanted a class filled with little robots. My nephew doesn’t function that way though and now school (and my sister) want to have him tested for adhd... :ermm:

@ Osipi- Me too! Lucky they have a housekeeper! Bet she gets a work- out, and more than earns her pay!:lol:
@ Elenath- Sounds like your nephews teacher needs to rethink her career. Could just be first year nerves though.
Hope your nephew gets help if he needs it.

@ Elenath- Sounds like your nephews teacher needs to rethink her career. Could just be first year nerves though.
Hope your nephew gets help if he needs it.

He doesn’t need any. I have a friend whose son has adhd and my nephews behavior is nothing compared to that boys’. He is just a happy and very active child whose parents and teacher would be happier if he would sit still all day and not talk constantly.

From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves. :lol:
Great insight GG, I also know one of those type of boys and sometimes it was beyond 5 years that he needed protecting from tall trees, fish ponds with bikes in them, jumping from the dock over the row boat thinking he was superman........lolololololo, the headaches and EM and docs...glad he has one of his own now and complains that he is a monster, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Great insight GG, I also know one of those type of boys and sometimes it was beyond 5 years that he needed protecting from tall trees, fish ponds with bikes in them, jumping from the dock over the row boat thinking he was superman........lolololololo, the headaches and EM and docs...glad he has one of his own now and complains that he is a monster, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is a law of the universe commonly known as Mother's Revenge. :D

A friend of mine had one of these naturally enthusiastic kids that was constantly ending up in the ER for various injuries. Being naturally cautious, a social worker was called in with the doctor to determine if there was perhaps some form of child abuse going on. They patched the kid up (he had fallen out of a tree) and as soon as his feet hit the ground he took off running and sliding with socks on a slippery floor and promptly fell and slid headfirst into a wall. Case closed.

I can picture my mother following the antics of George and using one of her favorite expressions. "There's no flies on this kid".

Last edited:
He doesn’t need any. I have a friend whose son has adhd and my nephews behavior is nothing compared to that boys’. He is just a happy and very active child whose parents and teacher would be happier if he would sit still all day and not talk constantly.

Not get get off-topic here, but perhaps your nephew is not stimulated enough in school. I hate when people jump to let's have the kid tested for ADD or ADHD.

Not get get off-topic here, but perhaps your nephew is not stimulated enough in school. I hate when people jump to let's have the kid tested for ADD or ADHD.

That is what I think as well. He and his sister are both gifted and have skipped a grade. I think his teacher might be going to slow for him. And he has trouble concentrating when there is too much noise around him.

Anyway. Slightly more on topic. One of the first comments on the DM article topped the dumb comment list for me.

Most kids dont get the chance to learn since, due to tory cuts, public swimming pools are being closed down. Nice to see there was no problem funding one for these benefit scroungers mind.

The pool was built in 1939. :whistling:

This is a law of the universe commonly known as Mother's Revenge. :D

A friend of mine had one of these naturally enthusiastic kids that was constantly ending up in the ER for various injuries. Being naturally cautious, a social worker was called in with the doctor to determine if there was perhaps some form of child abuse going on. They patched the kid up (he had fallen out of a tree) and as soon as his feet hit the ground he took off running and sliding with socks on a slippery floor and promptly fell and slid headfirst into a wall. Case closed.

I can picture my mother following the antics of George and using one of her favorite expressions. "There's no flies on this kid".

My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.

Last edited:

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
I managed to raise one of these boys myself. It can be exhausting! He's now 22 and still is responsible for much of my gray hair! :lol: He was able to leave his crib at 15 months - just about the time he was loading his own computer programs and figuring out how to escape his car-seat. Somehow we all survived :D

My youngest son started climbing out of his crib at 11 months. He also managed to climb up on the kitchen table at 11 months. He almost walked off the end before I caught him.

I think from hearing various stories of really active children, we can definitely see why Kate will find it almost a necessity to have a full time nanny around as George grows up. :D

I think from hearing various stories of really active children, we can definitely see why Kate will find it almost a necessity to have a full time nanny around as George grows up. :D

You're absolutely right. I can only imagine how exhausted Kate would be after chasing George all over the place. Hopefully the nanny has a ton of energy to help Kate keep an eye on this ball of energy.

I give it till the end of September, he has been showing he is ready to take on the world and won't stop till he has it. I bet that by the end of the year Catherine will have tons more gray hair and William will have no hair, all because they can't keep up with their fireball of a son..................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

I managed to raise one of these boys myself. It can be exhausting! He's now 22 and still is responsible for much of my gray hair! :lol: He was able to leave his crib at 15 months - just about the time he was loading his own computer programs and figuring out how to escape his car-seat. Somehow we all survived :D

My little one figured out how to get out of a perfectly good high chair that safely held his brother - had to go out and buy a top of the line one with Hannibal Lector shoulder straps which he HATED

My youngest son started climbing out of his crib at 11 months. He also managed to climb up on the kitchen table at 11 months. He almost walked off the end before I caught him.

11 months! Thought I had it bad. I did catch him atop the kitchen table, playing with the light fixture over the table, however, but this was about 18 months.

I wonder if Kate reads this. I also wonder how much they pay that poor nanny. I knew George was trouble when he tried to get out of her arms when they descended the plane, and that was before he walked.

My mum had one of those children as well. And it was me... I once ate all of the birth control pills she had in the top cabinet in the kitchen and she had to call the doctor. Who laughed and said it wasn’t a problem unless I tried to get pregnant (back then). :big grin:

These are my favorite kids... they are a hand full but so much fun.

@RoyalCentral: William & Kate attended the wedding of Alexander Vaulkhard and Sarah Nicholson at Batcombe yesterday. William attended Eton with Vaulkhard.

@hrhcatherine32: the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend Batcombe wedding #duchesscatheine #princewilliam #wedding #Batcombe http://t.co/phvIbzksVu

Sounds like a good bet. Also he'll have figured out how to get out of the room by disabling the security system.;)

Harry took off from the KP grounds when he was about 6-7 years old. His RPOs would assign him "tasks" to keep him busy with his own radio. He called in to let them know his location. He said he was outside Tower Records. RPOs took off in a big hurry to collect him.

Sounds like a good bet. Also he'll have figured out how to get out of the room by disabling the security system.;)

Harry took off from the KP grounds when he was about 6-7 years old. His RPOs would assign him "tasks" to keep him busy with his own radio. He called in to let them know his location. He said he was outside Tower Records. RPOs took off in a big hurry to collect him.
From what I can see I loved Kate's outfit from head to toe. And of course nothing to complain about William in a suit!;):D Who took the Twitter photo? Another guest?
Or he will have pushed the panic button causing a false alarm.;)

Oh geeesh, this is too funny! :ROFLMAO:

By all accounts, it does seem as George will be prone to follow in his Uncle Harry's footsteps and lead 'em all on a merry song and dance over the years and most probably take his siblings with him.

Oh, God, I'll bet they nearly went into cardiac arrest trying to get to him before anyone found out! :lol:

My son was on the big side (10 lbs 9oz at birth and he stayed big) and the doctor told us not to worry if he hit some of the milestones late as he had more weight to move around. Well, he did roll over late and it took him until he was 9 months old to put himself fully into a sitting position. He then proceeded to learn how to stand, crawl, walk, run and climb in a time span of four days. FOUR DAYS!

I hope William and Catherine are ready for the joys and terrors of a "busy" boy! :lol: They're so much fun and can cause so many gray hairs. :ohmy:

My mum had one of those children as well. And it was me... I once ate all of the birth control pills she had in the top cabinet in the kitchen and she had to call the doctor. Who laughed and said it wasn’t a problem unless I tried to get pregnant (back then). :big grin:

These are my favorite kids... they are a hand full but so much fun.

My nickname was Tarzan. By the time I was twenty-four months, I learned how to pull out the cabinet drawers to climb up on the counters and try to reach the cookie jar. I would go outside in the middle of the night to play on my swing set. I taught myself how to climb over the gate when I was around three years old to run down the street. The pediatrician told my mother to tie a volleyball net to the top of the crib to keep me in. ;) Funny thing is that I was a very mellow teen. I'd already had my wild days.:lol:

Busy? I call it mischievous ....

And everyone thinks she will be preggers by years end?
With this boy, they are very busy parents
W & K as a couple balanced, then along came the little man.oh boy!

Mischievous is one thing so long it doesn't turn into spoiled bratitude. But Nanny Maria is very experienced with handling children of wealth so she can probably nip it in the bud as Long as Will and Kate don't over indulge him. We know William could often be a real little terror.

Another good reason for having Nanny Maria around 24/7 and ingrained into the household and George's schedule is that if Kate should get pregnant again, its very well possible that she will suffer the same degree of morning sickness as she had with George. It will be a real relief for her to know she can crawl back in bed and get the rest she needs and know that George is well taken care of and happy.

I had someone staying with me when I was expecting my third and as my daughter was 1 year and 10 days old when he was born and also had a 3 year old to deal with, it was a total godsend to have that extra pair of hands to deal with the kids.

Yeps. I think a full time nanny is not just a luxury but a necessity for Will and Kate.

Seriously, It was never a realistic option not to have a full time nanny for all the reasons mentioned. It's not like they can put him in daycare or rely on family regularly as an option and in their circles nannies are still the norm after all. If Will and Kate tried to do it all George would not be the better for it.

Last edited:
My nickname was Tarzan. By the time I was twenty-four months, I learned how to pull out the cabinet drawers to climb up on the counters and try to reach the cookie jar. I would go outside in the middle of the night to play on my swing set. I taught myself how to climb over the gate when I was around three years old to run down the street. The pediatrician told my mother to tie a volleyball net to the top of the crib to keep me in. ;) Funny thing is that I was a very mellow teen. I'd already had my wild days.:lol:

This sounds so familiar. I did the drawer thing as well. My mum says all of her gray hair is thanks to me. But we are going so off topic. This would make a fun thread though..

He makes his own money, so really, who is going to complain?

Just to stress how the Prince of Wales receives his income from the Duchy of Cornwall, I've found the information on the official website of the British Monarchy.

"His Royal Highness receives the annual net surplus of the Duchy of Cornwall and chooses to use a large proportion of the income to meet the cost of his public and charitable work.

The Prince also uses part of the income to meet the costs of his private life and those of his wife, The Duchess of Cornwall, and his sons, Prince William and Prince Harry.

The Duchy is tax exempt, but The Prince of Wales voluntarily pays income tax at the highest rate on his taxable income from it."

http://www.royal.gov.uk/TheRoyalHousehold/Royalfinances/FinancialarrangmentsofThePrinceofWales.aspx

Hope this clears up some of the misconception that the public finances the lifestyles of William and Kate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom