General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's a teaser if I ever saw one. Just what is that new full time job to be? Hmmmmm...:ermm:

She said air ambulance...but obviously that is not confirmed yet. And she said the trip will be 2 days

She said air ambulance...but obviously that is not confirmed yet. And she said the trip will be 2 days

Thanks! I didn't think I saw any official announcement that he'd be working full time with the air ambulance service.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. George is almost one...I am sure Kate will be pregnant by the end of the year..and barring she doesn't have a difficult pregnancy maybe she will up her appearances a bit.

I think the air ambulance thing is more impt than royal engagements....helping save a life is a little more impt than shaking hands and unveiling plaques.

Kate is going to much closer in Norfolk than she was in Wales plus she is more confident with her royal duties. A solo foreign tour is a big step. Camilla just did her first solo one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Kate is going to much closer in Norfolk than she was in Wales plus she is more confident with her royal duties. A solo foreign tour is a big step. Camilla just did her first solo one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I really love the thought of Catherine taking on more and the thought of the solo trip is a step in the right direction. I guess we'll see what will happen because I think they will come up under of great deal of criticism if they are seen retreating from their royal duties. They are able to do more now than they were able to do when they were busy being a military family. It was a balance that even William said wasn't working. There must be a better balance than before, if he's going to take up a full-time job.

I must say this trip to Malta just goes to show how much trust The Queen has put into Catherine to carry out such an engagement for her first solo trip abroad. Good trainning for a future Queen consort. ;)

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

:previous: Thanks for the link Dman. That article provides a link to a funny segment to do with how Charles was "buff" when he was young...

Ooo Charles' body. There were certain parts I was very stunned by how good they look In pictures. But I can't go into them here or I'd look silly. Let's just say he looked better in polo pants than either of his kids.
I understand why William wants to stay in the military, makes him feel like he is actually doing something. I think they should be seen more but they don't necessarily have to go full time. I should probably listen to more interview with William to see how he feels about the far off possibility of being King, if he is still hiding from it or he accepts it but just won't accept being a photo OP all the time.

Last edited:
Please note that all posts regarding a potential Cambridge pregnancy have been deleted as speculative.

Catherine's first solo tour - yay!
Also looking forward to Glasgow and Belgium.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/duch...mbridges-upcoming-engagements/442416662472355

On July 28 & 29, 2014 the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will attend the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.

On August 4, 2014, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I in Mons, Belgium.

There are 2 events on August 4. William and Catherine are at Liege first
Quote from Royal website

"HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event."

Harry is joining them at Mons.

All of the BRF are busy that day - link to press release

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2014/WW1CentenaryCommemorations.aspx

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54m
Prince George's first birthday will be marked by the publication of three photographs taken when he visited the Natural History Museum.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 51m
All three photos were taken when George visited the Sensational Butterflies exhibition with his parents at the NHM earlier this month.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 49m
One photo will be published on Saturday night and the other two on the eve of Prince George's birthday with more information

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 39s
Three photos going out to mark Prince George’s first birthday Palace say. One at 10.30pm tomorrow and two more at 10.30pm on Monday.

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 34s
George's birthday pics to be released 10.30pm (UK) on Saturday and Monday via @RoyalCentral

Last edited:
when he was seen visiting the exhibitions there were rumours claiming he was there for a birthday photoset... they've been proven right!

I think he's got some obvious features from William but the edges/planes are softened by the Middleton genes.

LaRae

I think he's got some obvious features from William but the edges/planes are softened by the Middleton genes.

LaRae

I only see the forehead and possibly the shape of the head from William (though William's head was longer as a toddler - when you look at pictures - I just checked), the rest is hard to identify - but definitely a more delicate mouth and maybe nose, too. Mouth is definitely more delicate - teeth must be Kate's, I guess. :flowers:

Last edited:
His eye (bone structure) has the look of William, but with less angle/sharpness. His mouth shape reminds me of William or some of Diana's family.

LaRae

To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks :wub: I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".

To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks :wub: I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".

Charles and Catherine? :ohmy:

It's like the Cambridges posted it personally. ;)

Hair is Williams eye color is Kate's but the eye shape looks like Williams. Cheeks nose chi in remind me of the picture of Kate as a baby. LoL William had more her than Kate back when they were babies. Let's hope George gets his teeth from his mama.

This is fun. Like a mystery, because his look is so distinctive. I've decided that his nose and mouth are from his mother, definitely not his father. The shape of his head and the shape of his eyes (with eyebrows) are from Kate and his grandfather Middleton. I think there is more Middleton in him than Windsor at this point - and may be why he looks so distinctive to the casual observer of the Windsor royals.

I'm sure for those who tend him he flashes between resembling both parents in turn as babies do. :flowers: This is not a definitive pronouncement - just a bit of fun.

Here's 'our little Prince' -
LINK: https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/490609579131412481

Here is Charles as a toddler - he has a round head -
LINK: Postcard The Royal Baby, HRH Prince Charles as toddler, Tucks | akpool.co.uk

William as a toddler - he has a long head and a very different mouth -
LINK: An adorable Prince William scratches his head curiously in this 1984 photo. - ABC News

LINK: Pin by Julieta MG on Diana | Pinterest

LINK: 15 Sweet Photos Of William And Harry When They Were Little

Then Michael Middleton as a young man. For some maybe a long-shot, but I see Mr Middleton's eyes in William - and the round head - I could't find a toddler picture :p -
LINK: Google Image Result for

I can't get the toddler picture of Kate as a stand-alone picture. It seems clear (to me) that, in the end, he resembles his mother -
LINK: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kat...om%2Fkate-middleton-in-labour-2013%2F;500;666

To me George looks like a Ginger! :flowers:

Last edited:
I see a good deal of William in George, especially in the eyes and the smile.

" Bath-time has become quite painful!" :lol:
I love it!
Love the photos and the mental image of Mum and George having fun in the pool too!

If George is really enjoying his swims over at BP, I can see where William says that bath times are painful. I can also imagine the shape the bathroom is in once George's bath is finished.

:D

From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom