General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The profits from the Crown Estates go directly to the Treasury and then the Treasury pays back a certain percentage of the profits of CE to the Queen. Because the Treasury is a middleman, the papers can say its taxpayer's money but you can also say the profits from the Crown Estates are paying benefits to White Dee or the NHS.

The profits from the Crown Estates go directly to the Treasury and then the Treasury pays back a certain percentage of the profits of CE to the Queen. Because the Treasury is a middleman, the papers can say its taxpayer's money but you can also say the profits from the Crown Estates are paying benefits to White Dee or the NHS.

Aha!! Thanks for the clarification Skippyboo. Its as I thought it was. The renovations are paid for by the money allotted to the Queen by the Treasury for that specific purpose of repairing and maintaining those structures.

That reality wouldn't really sell many papers now would it? :D

He looks like he smelled something bad... It’s not my sort of painting. Btw.. I saw Kate’s portrait in London and it’s better in person. But it’s still too dark.

He looks like he smelled something bad... It’s not my sort of painting. Btw.. I saw Kate’s portrait in London and it’s better in person. But it’s still too dark.

Perhaps George's dirty diaper. ;-)

I'm not an art expert but I do often wonder what's wrong with all this portraits... A classic one would be better and "safe" IMHO

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been given a makeover - or at least, their Madame Tussauds wax figures have. The pair were first installed at the London attraction two years ago and bosses thought it was time for an update. Kate has been dressed in a turquoise silk jersey Issa London gown, shoes and clutch bag by LK Bennett, while William is in a black Gieves and Hawkes dinner suit. ITN met Matthew Clarkson, Marketing Manager at Madame Tussauds, beside the Royal couple's wax figures. .
Home - ITNSource News

Awful! If I had done that portrait I would have promptly trashed it. Sometimes people who call themselves "artists" can get by with a great deal.

The portrait is extremely horrific, and the wax figures aren't much better either. 'Creepy' is the term that comes to mind when looking at the latter.

Is this the same publication who suggested:

Dying Queen Makes William King

or

Drunken Camilla Lashes Out at Kate

or

Prince George Refuses Toilet Training

I think this was total fabrication and somehow has been picked up and repeated - utter nonsense. :bang::bang::bang:

Attachments

• varbiter.JPG
    varbiter.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 262
It looks like smutty gossip to me. Not from any reputable source either.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It seem to me that one venomous creative writer is secretly trying to give the world another royal war. What are they gonna call it? War of the Wombats?

Anyone that has had a glimmer into Anmer Hall (which I assume is the property that Kate is relocating to) would know its on the Sandringham estate and is the property of the Queen.

Rubbish.. utter rubbish I tell ya. :bang:

Ok what the heck is going on here! First Kate's portrait looks awful now this new one of William is just horrific! Where have all the good artists gone? Has the art of painting a person been lost? What the heck were William and Kate being taught in their art history classes?

Ok what the heck is going on here! First Kate's portrait looks awful now this new one of William is just horrific! Where have all the good artists gone? Has the art of painting a person been lost? What the heck were William and Kate being taught in their art history classes?

I don't know that much about painting but the one made of Kate was, imo, really well (technically seen). It's just that it's too dark. This last one of William is just horrific. But I suppose a lot of it comes down to taste... :ermm:

Dying Queen Makes William King

or

Drunken Camilla Lashes Out at Kate

or

Prince George Refuses Toilet Training

Oh, this is priceless :lol: :ROFLMAO:. Heaven knows I needed a good laugh, and this definitely fit the bill.

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter · 22h
The CNN special will include the first interview with Jason Bell. The photographer behind the Cambridge family portraits. July 11, 10pm.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for the link Dman. That article provides a link to a funny segment to do with how Charles was "buff" when he was young...

:previous: Thanks for the link Dman. That article provides a link to a funny segment to do with how Charles was "buff" when he was young...

Hey, I wish I was "buff" like Charles was back in the day. He still is very much fit and even pride himself of still being able to fit into his old military uniforms.

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter · 12h
Your first look at #JasonBell chatting about #PrinceGeorge. The special will air on @CNN tomorrow night at 10pm ET:

Video:
England's Prince George turns one year old this month. Hear from the photographer who captured the toddler's christening-
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 2h
And it'll just be Kate going to Malta in Sept for her first solo foreign trip -William'll be too busy with his new full-time job...

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews · 2h
And it'll just be Kate going to Malta in Sept for her first solo foreign trip -William'll be too busy with his new full-time job...

Now that's a teaser if I ever saw one. Just what is that new full time job to be? Hmmmmm...:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom