General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you feel Kate is a doting mum?
PG however seems spoiled.. only wants mummy
William is a true Windsor, leaving the kids with the mum...
Just an observation..

Just an observation..

Yes, Kate is definitely a doting mother. I don't think George is spoiled, Mum wouldn't let him have chocolate for Easter, but he is very much loved by both parents.

I think it is natural for a child to cling to its mother so am not concerned about William. That noted, I cannot see Charles kissing baby William on the head the way William did baby George Sunday. At least not in public.

Just an observation..

Of all the things I think of Catherine, I personally think she looks to be a wonderful mother.
Aren't all children spoilt? One child usually favours one parent or another at such a young age, I have an 11 month old niece who sticks to her mother all she came, problem? No.
Your observation isn't sound, you I presume have watched the miniscual footage we have recieved from this trip. I'm not sure how you can asert that William leaves George with his mother from such little information. Unless you know something we don't?

I think too that George will be " spoilt" until a certain age and maybe until he will have another sibling.

Of all the things I think of Catherine, I personally think she looks to be a wonderful mother.
Aren't all children spoilt? One child usually favours one parent or another at such a young age, I have an 11 month old niece who sticks to her mother all she came, problem? No.
Your observation isn't sound, you I presume have watched the miniscual footage we have recieved from this trip. I'm not sure how you can asert that William leaves George with his mother from such little information. Unless you know something we don't?

William rarely holds and kisses him..
Kate plays, PG is bonded with her..not saying PW isn't a loving dad,I surmise hes not used to,sleepless nites,and PG chewing because of the teething..when he grows to be a fine young man, I feel PW and he will become best buds.

Last edited:
Just an observation..

I respect your opinion, but you have got to be kidding.
Did you not see the photos of William and George at the zoo?
Every time I've seen William with George, William has a smile a mile wide. I never saw Charles like that when William was a baby.
I also disagree with the statement that George is spoiled, because he likes to spend time with his mother.

From what we are seeing in the videos and pictures, George is loved up by both of his parents and most likely even more behind the scenes. Those pictures and videos of William kissing his son on the head was precious indeed and also the pictures and video of Catherine playing with her son.

Kate plays, PG is bonded with her..not saying PW isn't a loving dad,I surmises he not used to,sleepless nites,and PG chewing because of the teething..she he grows to be a fine young man, I feel PW and he will become best buds.

You are seeing a total of what barely 2 hours approx of footage out of 9 months of the child being alive? I'm sorry but your opinion has no evidence to back it up. Catherine is his mother, there is always a special bond between mother and child.

Kate plays, PG is bonded with her..not saying PW isn't a loving dad,I surmises he not used to,sleepless nites,and PG chewing because of the teething..she he grows to be a fine young man, I feel PW and he will become best buds.

I'd add to that statement "that we've seen". TBH, before this tour, there was precious little released to the public about Will and Kate's interactions with George. There was a blurb put out not long ago that its William that gives him his bedtime bottle and puts him to bed and with what I've seen, I think both William and Kate are both very hands on parents and they're both very much involved with bringing up George through good times and bad.

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine
Just an observation..

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine

You are seeing a total of what barely 2 hours approx of footage out of 9 months of the child being alive? I'm sorry but your opinion has no evidence to back it up. Catherine is his mother, there is always a special bond between mother and child.

I understand what you are saying Lumutqueen, but then I've made a judgement on LadyCatherine just based on 2 posts.

I think too that George will be " spoilt" until a certain age and maybe until he will have another sibling.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that George is "spoiled" but I do think he's a very well adjusted, well loved, happy go lucky little kid. Most likely all the neat gifts that George has received down under will not ever be used and were given mostly as a remembrance of the visit to that certain spot. Yeps.. I can see it now... "Mummy? Fly me to Manly! I've an urge to do some surfing". :D

I understand what you are saying Lumutqueen, but then I've made a judgement on LadyCatherine just based on 2 posts.
William shows no signs of being a "true windsor" and leaving everything to Catherine, George shows no signs of being a temper tantrum child who is spoilt by his mother and Catherines shows all the signs of being a loving and caring mother. I believe we would have seen evidence of all three, had there been any to show, in the video footage we have seen.

LadyCatherine is judging William, Catherine and George on these sole features of which I am responding to, we're not having a chat about the daily news or weather.

She is probably like all first mother's it can be described as ott I guess but I think more just the first born thing wait til they have others I think they are a reall yswet family William is a nice dad and she is doing her best here IMO.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that George is "spoiled" but I do think he's a very well adjusted, well loved, happy go lucky little kid. Most likely all the neat gifts that George has received down under will not ever be used and were given mostly as a remembrance of the visit to that certain spot. Yeps.. I can see it now... "Mummy? Fly me to Manly! I've an urge to do some surfing". :D

There's surfing off of Cornwall. :) The balance bike he can use and I can see a six year old George taking Lupo for a spin in the little Sealegs in the back garden of BP where there is a lake. :)

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 2h
After success of tour, Palace say an announcement on P. William’s new public service role is to be made soon. No full time royal duties yet!

What is the difference between Royal duty, and public service?
What do they mean?

Public service is a government job.

Royal duties are duties undertaken on behalf of the monarch.

Thanks for the explanation.
What type of government job could William do, being he is a member of the RF?
Good experience for him though.

Thanks for the explanation.
What type of government job could William do, being he is a member of the RF?
Good experience for him though.

Working for the foreign office has been the speculation so far.

I really like what William and Kate are doing here... I think he's trying to avoid becoming a full time royal until he becomes Prince of Wales, and instead he's focusing on work experience that will be relevant to his future role. Military, then some studies on estate management, now a stint doing public service, plus helping run the Royal Foundation. That's a pretty solid approach I think- no one will ever be able to say that he's done nothing but cut ribbons and kiss babies.

I hope that when William starts his next role, Kate announces a path for herself too. Maybe more patronages, or... my preference... a concentrated focus on children's hospices and spreading the hospice best practices. She seems to love it, and it's important work.

I would love to see Kate focus on children's hospices, because I agree with you, on their importance.
Don't forget that William does have his charities, that he takes very seriously , and that does him great credit too.

"So successful has the tour been that the Duke and Duchess plan a “ significant upsurge” in royal duties over the next few months.

After a break to recharge their batteries, they will begin a much busier than usual programme of events over June, July and August, a senior royal aide said yesterday.

What happens after that will depend on what William decides to do from September at the end of what Kensington Palace has called a “ transitional year”.

He could decide to take up full-time royal duties, undertake some sort of public service role for a charity or Government department, or do another year like this one, mixing royal duties with charity work and preparations for his future role as Prince of Wales.

A decision is expected in the next two to three months.

Palace officials have been reluctant to declare Kate’s maternity leave over.

But an aide said: “We have got a really busy programme for both of them and Prince Harry.

"There will be a significant upsurge in engagements.”"
The royal tour: Prince George... a star is born!
The royal tour: Prince George... a star is born | Royal | News | Daily Express

Seems like there the Cambridge's and even Prince Harry will be even more busy with official engagements this year. I think that's how it should be. I'll like to see them doing more back at home. They've proved they can do it on this official tour. The Queen will be hosting a State Visit in October, I expect to see William and Catherine attending it as well.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
It's going to be a busy summer for royal news. When will we get a holiday? ;-)

Last edited:
William has always been "reluctant" about taking on full royal duties... After all the next king will be his father... Didn't he said that he doesn't want to rush? (Willima I mean)

William has always been "reluctant" about taking on full royal duties... After all the next king will be his father... Didn't he said that he doesn't want to rush? (Willima I mean)

Don´t know if he ever said it so plainly, but one can´t speak of "being rushed" at an age of 30 something! In that age his grandmother was head of state for almost 6 years. I think W was very lucky to have plenty of time preparing for his role not being the son of the monarch, but of the heir to throne.
Looking at CPs like Haakon, Frederik, the then P o Orange Willem A., Victoria, Félipe,... they all took up royal duties since they were 18 (!), only interrupted by their studies or military training, represented at state visits at home or went on official visits abroad.
William (and Harry) has such a great potential - it would be a shame not to use it for the country! And it´s time to release the Queen from parts of her duties!

Last edited:
interesting move for william working in the public service! wonder what that actually means... i hope they can find a role where he can add some real value rather than being just a role "for the show". can't wait for more details...

Don´t know if he ever said it so plainly, but one can´t speak of "being rushed" at an age of 30 something! In that age his grandmother was head of state for almost 6 years. I think W was very lucky to have plenty of time preparing for his role not being the son of the monarch, but of the heir to throne.
Looking at CPs like Haakon, Frederik, the then P o Orange Willem A., Victoria, Félipe,... they all took up royal duties since they were 18 (!), only interrupted by their studies or military training, represented at state visits at home or went on official visits abroad.
William (and Harry) has such a great potential - it would be a shame not to use it for the country! And it´s time to release the Queen from parts of her duties!

I agree but he gives me the impression that he is not entusiastic about being king so maybe later he will take up this responsibily the better will be...

You are making a comparison between William and Felipe, Haakon, Victoria when there is none IMO.

Although they are roughly in the same age category (30 to 40') you must remember that technically speaking.....William is the heir's heir. So technically, his peers as ridiculous as it sounds.... are Lenor, Ingrid Alexandra, Estelle, Christian, etc. Charles is the peer of Felipe, Haakon, and Victoria.

The BRF is in a unique position of being particularly deep as it relates to heirs. The last time they had to deal with 4 immediate successors was the birth of the future Edward VIII. At that time both Queen Victoria, and the future Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII were waiting in the wings.

Last edited:
You are making a comparison between William and Felipe, Haakon, Victoria when there is none IMO.

Although they are roughly in the same age category (30 to 40') you must remember that technically speaking.....William is the heir's heir. So technically, his peers as ridiculous as it sounds.... are Lenor, Ingrid Alexandra, Estelle, Christian, etc. Charles is the peer of Felipe, Haakon, and Victoria.

The BRF is in a unique position of being particularly deep as it relates to heirs. The last time they had to deal with 4 immediate successors was the birth of the future Edward VIII. At that time both Queen Victoria, and the future Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII were waiting in the wings.

It is a very unique position they're in. I think both Charles & William have big roles to play in helping out the elderly Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. It's one of the reasons why I prefer to seeing both of the heirs together more often and with they're spouses.

I have never thought of William as being reluctant to be King. I just get the feeling that he knows his place in the royal family and that is being the heir to the heir. I think he has always wanted to make it clear that his father, not him, is the next Monarch, especially with the media and Diana at some point hinting that the crown should skip Charles and go to William.

I think it's time the Cambridges increase their duties.

I have never thought of William as being reluctant to be King. I just get the feeling that he knows his place in the royal family and that is being the heir to the heir. I think he has always wanted to make it clear that his father, not him, is the next Monarch, especially with the media and Diana at some point hinting that the crown should skip Charles and go to William.

I think it's time the Cambridges increase their duties.

The media wants a younger and popular King & Queen on the throne, Diana always knew that Charles is the best prepared Prince of Wales and future King there is but she was going through a very tough and sad time in her marriage and she wanted hit Charles below the belt by saying that William should leap over Charles for the throne. She knew that wouldn't have happened anyway.

I think Charles is more than glad that his heir is able to take on very important roles within the "Firm." It was Charles who taught his son how to carry out Investitures.

I agree, it's time for the Cambridge's to take on more duties.

As the tour closed, the media was writing that more events were happening, so its already in train. Ive posted info about afuture event on the British Royal family thread, because it also include Harry. Its a very important event IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom