General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, all 800 kids said no. You must work in the most apathetic place on earth.

Clearly they should not even bother to turn up.

Actually this doesn't surprise me one bit. School age children (even high school) are more concerned about their world and those around them than they would be in global events and persons of note. I bet they would all know if Justin Bieber or a similar pop star's whereabouts are though. Its just part of being a kid.

That's interesting that no one knew they were coming. I don't expect the little kids to be up to date on current events, but I'm surprised the older kids and adults didn't know. Do they not watch television, read the news or look at social media? I've seen tons of stories about this trip from Australian tv and news outlets (lots of it has been posted on tumblr and twitter).

Last edited:
The Aussie republicans are upset that their movement is stalled and the Cambridges are receiving massive press coverage.

Republicans like Iluvbertie like to portray that no one cares and no one will show up, republicans in Britain use the same tactic.

Sort of like burying their heads in the sand and pretending the royals don't exist when in fact this upcoming tour is one of the most talked about in recent memory.

Actually this doesn't surprise me one bit. School age children (even high school) are more concerned about their world and those around them than they would be in global events and persons of note. I bet they would all know if Justin Bieber or a similar pop star's whereabouts are though. Its just part of being a kid.

See, I disagree. I actually think enough young girls enjoy princess stories that several of them would jump at the chance to meet a real life prince and princess.

Most of the kids I know certainly would.

It's Starting! - (Almost)...

I've put a few of the official Royal reporters twitters as bookmarks on my tablet for the duration of the Tour, and have just had a moment to check a some, and it's all happening.

Rob Jobson has left Sydney, and is now reporting to Australian TV from Wellington.

Richard Palmer is in Dubai on his way to Wellington.

Emily Andrews is in Singapore on her way to New Zealand, and ran into Arthur Edwards at Heathrow.

Paul Harrison and team are in Sydney heading for Wellington.

Hi VictoriaB - I was thinking the "gruelling" word turning up in various articles may be the feelings of some of the writers and what is ahead of them, rather than what is ahead of the Duke and Duchess.

We all know what deadlines and work pressure is, and surely a Royal Tour is the peak of all that for those whose job it is to cover these coming weeks.

Apart from Royal Weddings, Funerals and Births, surely Tours are the "real deal" in a Royal reporting career.

Best Wishes to them all I say. We can't get too many photos and stories guys.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Last edited:
Royal Party Flying Out Tonight.

I guess our UK posters may be able to confirm, but the "Daily Mail-Mail Online" is saying the Duke and Duchess are flying out "tonight".

They are also reporting little PG is teething at the moment and has taken to putting anything he can in his mouth, including his mother's hair. :lol:

Article is online under "Pictures of Lupo and a comforter that smells like mum" etc. if you'd like more details.

The report also covers C having a few inches trimmed from her locks, grandmother Carole and Aunt Pippa shopping for PG at "Blue Almonds", the colour of the tissue paper used to pack everyone's clothes - we're really getting down to detail here - the solution for Prince George not missing Lupo while they are seperated. Hope that works.

Poor George - no Lupo and sore teeth.

Sun Lion.

Last edited:
Max Foster Is Ready For You Skippyboo.

Maybe CNN will stop some of their non stop missing plane coverage for some Max Foster royal tour coverage for us in the States. Good Morning America has pretty good royal coverage. They mentioned the Queen visiting the Pope the other day.

I don't think we will get photos of them leaving Heathrow since they are flying commercial. We didn't see any when they went to SE Asia. The Canadian tour was different since the Canadians sent an Air Force plane to pick them up.

Hi Skippyboo - I just saw a retweet someone put out from Max Foster saying he has arrived in Wellington.

Hope you get lots of good coverage in the coming weeks over in the U.S.

I thought too, for anyone who is on Facebook there may be lots of "general public" photos put up on various sites after a Royal event.

The various groups involved in things may have their own Facebook page - who knows what will turn up there.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Hi royalistbert...

Sun Lion thank you very much for your all the infomation you provide.:flowers:

No worries royalistbert - it's going to be fun for the next couple of weeks isn't it.

I've just been reading that the Duchess will be attending a children's party in a "Scandinavian tepee" at the Rainbow Place event in New Zealand.

I think I'm going to have to google "Scandinavian tepee" now.

Best Wishes, Sun Lion.

Hi Rudolph...

The Aussie republicans are upset that their movement is stalled and the Cambridges are receiving massive press coverage.

Republicans like Iluvbertie like to portray that no one cares and no one will show up, republicans in Britain use the same tactic.

Sort of like burying their heads in the sand and pretending the royals don't exist when in fact this upcoming tour is one of the most talked about in recent memory.

Hi Rudolph,

I certainly think Australia and New Zealand will not get the presence again of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, on a major Royal Tour like this, for many years to come.

And we'll never have Prince George again at such a young, young age.

Earlier this afternoon I saw an article saying that the Duchess' wardrobe for this Tour will be her most expensive/upmarket yet.

Certainly her outfits for the South Seas visit were appropriate for that, but the report says that since Prince George has now been born, the Duchess will be presenting herself as the mother of a future Sovereign.

I don't know if that is an official decision - or just an interesting point of view of the writer - and we'll all see soon enough, but the article was saying one particular dress for NZ/Oz costs more than the entire Asia-South Seas wardrobe.

I certainly appreciate that although Canada "got" them before us, we "get" the bonus of PG on our Tour.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

PG Car Seat Outrage - Apparently.

So little PG's car seat has been photographed and shown in a New Zealand newspaper - and a lot of people are taking to social media because it is facing the wrong way round - or so they are saying - for his age.

It is facing towards the front.

People are saying that at his stage of life, PG's seat should be rear facing.

Anything and everything is up for grabs in the coming weeks I think.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. The car seat in question came out from the UK ahead of Prince George. Maybe he prefers to travel that way.

PP.S. Reports now that seat direction was a request from Kensington Palace.

Last edited:
Just to let you know SunLion, you can quote more than 1 post at the same time it's the little "" button next to the quote button".

You can also edit previous posts within the 24 hours of posting them I think, means you're not posting 6 separate posts in the space of 3 hours.

Just to let you know SunLion, you can quote more than 1 post at the same time it's the little "" button next to the quote button".

You can also edit previous posts within the 24 hours of posting them I think, means you're not posting 6 separate posts in the space of 3 hours.

Thanks Lumutqueen - I'll see what I can do,

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Sun lion, I think a Scandinavian teepee is what Pippa used for a New Year's Eve party at the Middleton home couple of years ago. It was a big tent made of reindeer hides.

I guess we will see in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the latest news from down under.

So little PG's car seat has been photographed and shown in a New Zealand newspaper - and a lot of people are taking to social media because it is facing the wrong way round - or so they are saying - for his age.

It is facing towards the front.

People are saying that at his stage of life, PG's seat should be rear facing.

Anything and everything is up for grabs in the coming weeks I think.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. The car seat in question came our from the UK ahead of Prince George. Maybe he prefers to travel that way.

PP.S. Reports now that seat direction was a request from Kensington Palace.

wow, we get an idea of the level of detail that goes in the planning of these visits: even the car seat direction for PG is specified by the palace! :)

i thought the car seat was a NZ one that was for their use, but i guess since it's shipped from UK it is probably one of george's car seats.

but i think they are right: rear facing car seats are only for younger babies, i think george is past that stage now, almost 9 months old.

on a separate note: "tissue paper used to pack everyone's clothes" - i didn't know that clothes needed tissue paper. call me uncivilised, but what is it used for exactly? does it allow to keep clothes tidier during the journey?

Last edited:
:previous:
I just read a car seat nowadays should be rear facing up to the age of two. I think in the UK now it's recommended to up to the age of one.

:previous:
I just read a car seat nowadays should be rear facing up to the age of two. I think in the UK now it's recommended to up to the age of one.

Front seat baby seats have to be rear facing because of airbags and I think all car manufacturers say this. My car even has a permanent warning on the dash. Baby seats/boosters for rear seats can be front facing. So I think it does depend on where in thr vehicle they are fitted

on a separate note: "tissue paper used to pack everyone's clothes" - i didn't know that clothes needed tissue paper. call me uncivilised, but what is it used for exactly? does it allow to keep clothes tidier during the journey?

Apparently, it prevents the clothes from wrinkling:

Folding with Tissue Paper
We learned a trick a while ago where folding shirts and slacks with a piece of tissue paper or plastic bag in the middle can help to reduce wrinkles. This happens because the slippery texture reduces the friction on the fabric, However, unless you have several layers of something in the middle of the fold, you will still end up with creases of sorts from the folds.

Day 14: How to Prevent Wrinkles - Her Packing List

Last edited:
I would expect nothing less from Martha Stewart, AdmirerUS!

Do we know if the Cambridges have left the UK yet? Maybe the tour thread could be opened now?

Ah, thank you RoyalDaisy.

I'm sure Prince George's grandparents etc. are not looking forward to being without him for 3 weeks. When my mother goes 2-3 days without seeing her grandkids she starts going through withdrawal symptoms. I suppose George will probably have changed somewhat by the time he's back home.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 48m
Next up: #RoyalTour! William, Kate & George arrive in Wellington, NZ on Monday, 11:45am. (00:45am in London / 7:45pm Sunday ET & 4:45pm PT)

Thanks for that Dman. I was just about to go and search for the time of their arrival and figure out what the time difference would be, it's as if you read my mind!

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Ah, thank you RoyalDaisy.

I'm sure Prince George's grandparents etc. are not looking forward to being without him for 3 weeks. When my mother goes 2-3 days without seeing her grandkids she starts going through withdrawal symptoms. I suppose George will probably have changed somewhat by the time he's back home.

They can always Skype. It is 11 hr difference between Wellington and London so they can do it early morning there and night in the UK. George can see his grandparents and get in some time with Lupo who probably got dropped off in Buckleberry today.

Iluvbertie, I'm very surprised that there's no coverage of the tour in your area. I would've thought that most places in Australia have quite a lot of coverage, since I imagine that this tour is going to be quite 'big'.

As Kate and William’s royal tour to Australia draws near, interest in the minute details of their schedule, childcare plans, and of course Kate’s wardrobe is reaching fever pitch.

A worldwide fashion icon, the Duchess’s wardrobe will be under even more scrutiny than usual as she embarks on her second official royal tour, seen by millions as an ambassador for British fashion.

As well as no doubt remaining loyal to some of her long standing favourite designers such as, Temperley, the 32-year-old has apparently also commissioned Ralph & Russo to design some of her pieces for the trip.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge 'orders Ralph & Russo gown' | Mail Online

They can always Skype. It is 11 hr difference between Wellington and London so they can do it early morning there and night in the UK. George can see his grandparents and get in some time with Lupo who probably got dropped off in Buckleberry today.

Yeah, we use Skype too when on holiday, but there's just nothing quite like scooping a little one up in your arms and giving them a big kiss. One of the few things the internet can't do for us, yet.

To those who are in the know on these things, who are you all following on twitter for updates etc? Clarence House doesn't tweet an awful lot. Who's worth keeping an eye on?

Why do you assume the dog will go to the Middletons? William has parents too.

The people of Australia may not have knowledge of or interest in the royal visit, as we've been told, but the same cannot be said of the Kiwis! The Governor General's Facebook page is seeing traffic rising at 250% per week since he started posting details of the visit. Lest anyone assume otherwise, the vast majority of these new users of the GG's page are from NZ itself.

Governor-General's online popularity surge | Stuff.co.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom