General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may use Jason Bell again for George's 1st birthday pictures. I would probably give another photographer a chance to take them though.

They may use Jason Bell again for George's 1st birthday pictures. I would probably give another photographer a chance to take them though.

I think they should beg another photographer to take George's first birthday pictures. I would.

ITA. I dislike the pics taken by Jason Bell. (The Cambridges are lovely but I can't stand fso much "artificial" effects

It makes me nervous to have that dog so close to the baby's face; if something should happen, there's no reaction time.

I don't like the dog that close to his face...and I don't think George is the spitting image of his mother at that age....

LaRae

George and Lupo most likely weren't in each others face for a long time. It's just a snap, they were probably moving around the whole time.

Lupo definately has a bit of a look in his eyes. It makes me understand W's remarks recently re: the baby and the dog adjusting and one being enough for the moment.

There are some dogs that are tremendously patient with kids. William and Catherine know their own dog's temperament.

I think people are being a little too overly concerned about Lupo's closeness. It's not like he's a strange dog who is never around babies - George or otherwise. I have a hard time believing that 8 months in, Lupo hasn't been trained as to what kind of contact with the baby is okay and what kind isn't. He might end up sniffing George or kissing him, but he isn't likely to do anything that would harm the baby.

Dogs are still animals and in situations of stress etc they are not predictable. 9 times out of 10 there is never an issue, just the same it pays to be cautious about these sorts of things.

LaRae

As casual and as unconcerned about Lupo's nearness the Cambridges look, I would bet this is not the first time George and Lupo have been that close face-to-face. I wouldn't worry about it. Dogs adjust to, accept, and even love babies far more often than not.

I LOVE it that George has Lupo and Lupo has George and they seem to have the same relationship my friends and I have had with almost all our dogs. We share space, respect one another, play with, laugh with one another and generally enjoy life.

I have always known the trust my animal companions put in me - far more than I have always know the same about human acquaintances.

I'm sure William and Catherine are very aware that they need to keep an eye on the dog when George is around. I find it hard to believe that Lupo would suddenly snap at George while William and Catherine were so close, especially since George didn't seem to be grabbing at Lupo.

I understand the concerns. We had to give away our dog when my daughter turned 11 months. They had gotten along very well until she started crawling. She began to grab at the dog (sometimes to stand up and other times she would try and grab his face) and he started to snap at her. He never bit and I don't think he would have, but I couldn't take that chance.

It was a very difficult decision but we got through it. We didn't get another dog until our son turned 6 years old. I assume that William and Catherine have enough space and assistants that the dog is not alone with the baby. As George gets older and less grabby, they can start trusting him with the dog. If not, I feel confident they will have the judgment to do whatever is necessary to protect George. It may be that Lupo is sent to Highgrove for a while.

Last edited:
I would think Lupo would be sent away before George is sent to Highgrove.

"Chook Washing" A Possibility for W & C?

I was taking a more detailed look at the Sydney Royal Easter Show Guide to see which events W and C might get a look at, when they attend on Good Friday morning.

There is to be a "Chook Washing Demonstration" on in the Poultry Pavilion.

I wonder if this would be big on their schedule.

I read somewhere that they would watch a bit of the wood-chopping competitions, and that is certainly on when they are there.

Perhaps C grabbed those extra pairs of trousers out shopping yesterday in case she needs some options for this outdoor and sometimes mucky event - cow pats ahead.

As the Duke and Duchess are reported to want to have contact with young people on this Royal Tour, perhaps they will attend the Youth Paraders Competition for Alpacas.

And there is a sheep shearing demonstration on at the time they are there as well - can just see the iconic Australian photo op that would provide for the folks back home in the UK.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Do we want to know what a chook is and how to wash it? :)

Chook washing? Do people actually wash chooks? I thought chooks washed themselves. If you gave them a big bowl of water I reckon they'd jump in and splash around and wash themselves, having a grand old time. But maybe you have to wash them and blow dry them for showing. Particularly the ones with the fine feathers around their feet. But they'd have to sort out their main feathers themselves though so they are aligned properly, wouldn't they? Now I'm curious.

Chook washing is not the strangest sort of animal washing I have heard of. I know a woman who washed her Siamese cat once a week and managed to do so without having their arms shredded. My experience washing cats - yes, it sometimes is necessary - tells me that if people can wash cats and survive, washing a chook should be a breeze.

Oh, and this is a chook :D http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CyVHbGnlM...Qg/TlmHsWaWgxY/s1600/a259ea15_Picture242.jpeg

Last edited:
Adorable picture but I wish we had another to see the baby's face, not just a "cute" shot of baby and dog who gets equal billing with baby.

Not An April Fool's Joke - There Will Be Chook Washing Going On.

Yes Skippyboo and Roslyn - I will be a tad suprised if the Duke and Duchess come all the way to Australia to see a chook get washed!

But there must be something in it, as the demonstrations are on several different days - and several times a day.

(Hope it's not the same chook each time :lol:.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Hens are mostly called chooks in Oz Skippybo - is that not a name used in the U.S.?

PP.S. Oh Roslyn - I just turned over the page in my guide and there is a photo - yes, the chook is getting a blow-dry from two young girls. (They look happy - the chook less so!)

Last edited:
This is the first time I've ever heard this word in my life. You're never too old to learn something new.:)

That's So Funny US Posters.

Chook is such a normal word here in Australia Skippyboo and TLLK, I never thought it wasn't known everywhere.

Lots of people used to have chook runs in their suburban yards - cheap eggs for the family - and a "chook raffle" is/was a common way to raise money for a charity.

If a bossy older woman is about, she might be called "that old chook" - i.e. don't worry about her.

Cheers, Sun Lion

Sun Lion, Thanks for the chicken lesson :) It is just hen and rooster here in the US.

Just read on Twitter.

BREAKING: Prince George will not accompany his parents on their upcoming tour.

Check your calendar- It's April 1.

The chooks (we just call them chickens or to be age/gender specific pullets, hens, jakes, roosters) here in the U.S. do not willingly get into water ...ducks and geese do!

LaRae

Just read on Twitter.

BREAKING: Prince George will not accompany his parents on their upcoming tour.

Well I haven't seen one all day, they managed to get one in just before 12pm. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom