General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h
I expect William & Kate to leave the Maldives today as the Prince is due to resume his studies in Cambridge by the end of the week....

Maybe trying for a sibling for George?

Sometimes couples just need that alone time and enjoy the "cookie" ;)

Last edited:
Didn't know you had to go to the maldives to do that, maybe all couples should get a trip out there instead of IVF. :lol::lol:

They can, just as long as it is not funded on the NHS! :)

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 5h
I expect William & Kate to leave the Maldives today as the Prince is due to resume his studies in Cambridge by the end of the week....

Sometimes couples just need that alone time and enjoy the "cookie" ;)

That's a first:whistling:
Never heard it called that before!

That's a first:whistling:
Never heard it called that before!

:lol: Oh yeah, American comedian, Steve Harvey will tell you what the "cookie" is and it's true. Sometimes couples need their private time to get away for awhile and have some real fun and I don't blame them for doing so.

I'm there with you. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking some time together. At least they are making an attempt to keep the fire in their marriage going. It's true that with a child and a busy schedule you tend to lose focus on your partner somewhat and sometimes to the point where you wonder what happened. I admire the fact that they have made time for each other and want to make the marriage a success. I for one support them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

You don't have to go to the Maldives to keep the fire in your relationship, or to make your marriage a success. :lol:

I'm there with you. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking some time together. At least they are making an attempt to keep the fire in their marriage going. It's true that with a child and a busy schedule you tend to lose focus on your partner somewhat and sometimes to the point where you wonder what happened. I admire the fact that they have made time for each other and want to make the marriage a success. I for one support them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

LadyGabrielle, I hear you. You have to take some time out and focus on each other, have some fun and keep that fire and desire going.

Oh, Im sorry lumutqueen, being on a romantic tropical island far from the hustle and bustle of city life and unending paparazzi and thousands of people wanting to see you or take your picture and everyone pulling you in all directions isnt somewhat romantic to you? No I suppose you dont HAVE to go to an island to have a romantic time with your spouse but it sure doesnt hurt. Obviously they think the best place to be is far from anything and anyone. I think it is a great idea considering they will be in the spotlight for the rest of their lives. A little time away alone is the smartest thing they can do, it is a good time for them to focus and rejuvenate considering the busy work schedule and who knows what else. Maybe your idea of a romantic getaway is different but, someplace warm and remote with just the two sounds perfect to me.

What??? He (DoCa) couldn't even finish his short stint at school before taking a holiday. Oh wait...perhaps it's "Spring Break" and, being a uni student, he had to go off like all the other students. Hope they have a good time and that the paps find them. We need some new photos.

What??? He (DoCa) couldn't even finish his short stint at school before taking a holiday. Oh wait...perhaps it's "Spring Break" and, being a uni student, he had to go off like all the other students. Hope they have a good time and that the paps find them. We need some new photos.

He's back at Uni this later this week

He's back at Uni this later this week
If it is spring break for Cambridge than this is when the instructor would be off as well. William already had a week of royal engagements during the course, so the flexibility was likely built in when the course was designed.

If it is spring break for Cambridge than this is when the instructor would be off as well. William already had a week of royal engagements during the course, so the flexibility was likely built in when the course was designed.

just what the press are saying - personally I havent a clue and dont much care

"Mail Online" Now Has Report Showing Taronga Zoo.

There is a photo of the front of Sydney's Taronga zoo - amongst many others - that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will most likely enter/depart by in the "Mail Online" report about bilby "George" - "Fly eggs and live worms" etc., for anyone interested in this part of the upcoming Royal Tour.

(On my tablet, unable to post link.)

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Report also says W and C will "engage" in the feeding sessions of the tree kangaroos and the giraffes.

(Makes sense - iconic Sydney background for photos with those giraffes, as previously noted!)

PP.S. Taronga on TV just now - first tree kangaroo joey born in captivity - after a twenty year program.

They're endangered in their native Papua New Guinea.

She's a little female, and you can go online and suggest a name - maybe "Catherine" or "Duchess" could be the go.

Last edited:
And More Details...

...I just noticed the "Mail Online" report is also saying the Duke and Duchess will watch the "birds of prey" demonstration at Taronga.

I didn't mention this when I posted about the zoo a few days ago, but this is one of the not to be missed experiences.

The open ampitheatre is set overlooking Sydney Harbour and it is very dramatic and exciting with the owls, eagles, parrots and other birds flying about - on command - taking coins from the hands of audience members etc.

The whole area is open and called "free-flight".

Humour is brought in when the keepers face the audience explaining about the birds and how they prey upon mice - so there are no mice about.

Except for the line of little trained mice who walk along the fence behind the keepers at that point :lol:"unseen" by the keepers, but not us!

Really good that W and C are going to get to enjoy this - quite amazing show, and then the birds all fly around together for the finale, swooping over the audience's heads.

And Taronga will be open to the public when the Duke and Duchess are there according to this report, so easier opportunity to see W and C than Good Friday at the Royal Easter Show perhaps Oz posters.

Sun Lion.

Last edited:
...I just noticed the "Mail Online" report is also saying the Duke and Duchess will watch the "birds of prey" demonstration at Taronga.

I didn't mention this when I posted about the zoo a few days ago, but this is one of the not to be missed experiences.

The open ampitheatre is set overlooking Sydney Harbour and it is very dramatic and exciting with the owls, eagles. parrots and other birds flying about - on command - taking coins from the hands of audience members etc.

The whole area is open and called "free-flight".

Humour is brought in when the keepers face the audience explaining about the birds and how they prey upon mice - so there are no mice about.

Except for the line of little trained mice who walk along the fence behind the keepers at that point :lol:"unseen" by the keepers, but not us!

Really good that W and C are going to get to enjoy this - quite amazing show, and then the birds all fly around together for the finale, swooping over the audience's heads.

Sun Lion.

This tour is starting to sound like a lot of fun!

Bit More Info Re W & C Not Attending Sydney Races...

...just saw an article where the Racing NSW Chairman, Mr John Messara, actually brought up Royal attendance at the Autumn carnival personally with Her Majesty The Queen when he saw her.

Disappointing W and C won't be going.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Out Of Season Surf Carnival Being Organised For W & C...

...The "Manly Life Saving Club" was approached by the Department of the Prime Minister, and Cabinet's Ceremonial and Hospitality Branch, to put on the Surf Life Saving Carnival that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend on Good Friday afternoon.

The competition season has finished, so this will be a one-off for the Royals to enjoy.

Interesting to note, this is being held in the Prime Minister's electorate.

Mr Abbott is well-known in Oz for appearing in his speedos - very active, fit man.

In fact, a few months ago the young lady who travels around Australia doing the weather for morning TV was on Manly beach speaking to camera, when the Prime Minister emerged from the waves and came to say hello!

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Lots Of Info Now Coming Out...

...what type of tree are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said to be planting at the National Aboretum when they are in Canberra?

That would be "Quercus Robur" - more commonly known as "Royal Oak".

Those things must be hardy - that place looked so dry a few months ago.

W and C have been allocated a spot near the so-called "Pod Playground" - perhaps PG will have some fun there in a few years time on the next Tour.

Sun Lion.

Last edited:
General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

I love the tree planting idea. It was neat that when they were in Ottawa and planted a tree at the GG's home, there were trees from all the other royal visits from William's parents back to his grandparents and great grandparents.

I love the tree planting idea. It was neat that when they were in Ottawa and planted a tree at the GG's home, there were trees from all the other royal visits from William's parents back to his grandparents and great grandparents.

And probably a good place for any locals to get a chance to actually see the Duke and Duchess Skippyboo as the Aboretum is so big and open.

I've read the plaques at Government House and the different state Botanical Gardens and it is very interesting to see some of these enormus trees and see who actually planted them - people like the former Empress/Shahbanou of Iran Farah (Diba), and Princess Marina of Kent etc - living history.

Sun Lion.

The royals will only allow public scrutiny when it serves the family's interests | Tanya Gold | Comment is free | The Guardian

The royals will only allow public scrutiny when it serves the family's interests

2014 the Duchess of Cambridge has performed just three engagements. Why so many holidays? I think the duchess is being "eased" into what we must call "work".

Still in the Maldives, the Cambridges are without Prince George, who is at home with his nanny, because their well-publicised resolution to do without staff lasted about two weeks.

Even so, is it curious that George will miss the Maldives, where there is no PR campaign, but will be present for the tour of Australia & New Zealand? The baby must not be photographed, it seems, except when it is in this family's interests – and then there are the letters. Sometimes privacy is essential; at other times, less so.

Could anyone explain to me the reason of criticising their holidays?

Aren't they paying themselves or I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

Could anyone explain to me the reason of criticising their holidays?

Aren't they paying themselves or I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

It's more to do with the fact that Catherine has taken one less holiday than she has done engagements this year. It's about work to holiday ratio for people, including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom