General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Christopher Lee is either jealous, or needs some publicity.

Why is it that every time someone says something that is not nice about William and Kate, that person is either jealous or needs publicity?

I don't care what a former defense correspondent has to say. I would be more interested in a Royal correspondent.

Why is it that every time someone says something that is not nice about William and Kate, that person is either jealous or needs publicity?

I agree with your sentiment. I am not sure, however, that these comments are really negative. I think saying that they are dull is a bit of a compliment. I think that they try really hard to be boring!

I agree with your sentiment. I am not sure, however, that these comments are really negative. I think saying that they are dull is a bit of a compliment. I think that they try really hard to be boring!

If they wanted to, they could very well be a totally different type of couple and actively seek to draw attention to themselves but they don't. They pretty much go about what they do and I do think try not to call a lot of attention and press towards themselves. They are very careful not to overshadow the more senior members of the family and in fact, when they can, they enhance it.

Their time is yet to come but from what we've seen over the past couple of years, they're getting ready.

As the same article (the DM version) quoted Hilary Mantell out of context I would rather read the whole of what Mr Lee said before rushing to judgment. From what is reported it looks as if the journalist has taken a long and serious book or article and snipped out two or three sound bites.

i'm not sue it's Mr Lee who is courting publicity so much as the Daily Mail & Daily Express stirring up trouble.

i agree - I have seen nothing that makes me think they did not learn lessons from what the family went through in the 90s.

William IMO is anything but dull I think it's a bit rich ...

Hmm - William is supposed to be in Cambridge taking classes.

And if Katie Nichols intended this to be anything but a slam - I worry about her intelligence. It's another piece that paints them as empty-headed dilettantes who only have the brains to worry about privacy trees and finding pretty antiques. :argh::argh:

He is in Cambridge - its just Catherine George and all the Middletons.

EDIT: William and CAtherine went to Anmer at the w/end re KAtie Nicholls article (horrible woman)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Certainly Channel 9 news here in Australia has enjoyed reporting on the Queen's "order" for Catherine to undergo a "make-over" for her upcoming tour.

No mention of the original report posted above, but a cross-over to a UK based Royal Correspondent, followed by a discussion amongst the panel of the "Chat Room" section.

Sean Neil is reporting that the Duchess of Cambridge will be "dripping with diamonds", wearing tiaras - plural - and out to make a "great impression" with lots of glitz and glamour.

The report is headed with "Queen bans short skirts".

The panelists later in the news suggested that a big part of Catherine's appeal lies in her wearing of "High St" brands, people being able to relate to her etc., and that there is a danger that if she goes too upmarket, she will lose some of that.

I can't agree.

I think people here would be disappointed if she, and William, were too casual.

We have that every day, and this is supposed to be a Royal Tour, so we're expecting a look at Royalty, as Royalty.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

I've always been told, it's not the clothes it's how you wear them. Catherine is not going to be dripping in diamonds in Aus but she won't ditch the so called "high street" brands either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 8m
RT @byEmilyAndrews: Duchess of Cambridge and baby George are back in UK from Mustique hol. Bet Wills is pleased!

They went all that way for a week?

Those pictures look quite old to me. She is still using the Silver Cross pram. By now, George probably wants to be sitting up in a buggy.
Yes they are fron the 5th December:)

Yes they are fron the 5th December:)

Those pictures were on Twitter last night because Catherine had been spotted. But those tweets have now been deleted so it looks like someone re-hashed some information.

I don't recall any fuss made about the bikini pics from Mustique.

I think someone is referring to the topless pictures.

Last edited:
^^^

Didn't realize George was going to New Zealand! I don't have children but I imagine it would be hard to be away for 2-3 weeks from your first born & only child for such a long period of time. Especially for the mother.

^^^

Didn't realize George was going to New Zealand! I don't have children but I imagine it would be hard to be away for 2-3 weeks from your first born & only child for such a long period of time. Especially for the mother.

I am curious how they will get along with George, its a business trip, not a family holiday and I am not sure if its a good decision to take such a small kid on the trip, rather than leaving him at home with the nanny/Middletons. Diana took William to Australia but after that, if I recall correctly, she never took one of the kids with her on a business visit abroad, ever. She will have had her reasons. George will be more with his nanny than his parents, who dont have time for anything. But I guess Kate will want to make her own experience in this regard. We'll see if this is George's first and last trip or if they continue to take him to foreign trips.

I don't know anyone would complain about the Cambridge's taking their baby son with them on a long trip like this. They most likely wouldn't want to be that far away from their son for a long time. I also think taking George on this family holiday was kind of a test to see how he would handle a lengthy flight and he probably did very good.

I think the people of Australia and New Zealand will be very happy to see their two future King's and future Queen on this upcoming tour.

I am curious how they will get along with George, its a business trip, not a family holiday and I am not sure if its a good decision to take such a small kid on the trip, rather than leaving him at home with the nanny/Middletons. Diana took William to Australia but after that, if I recall correctly, she never took one of the kids with her on a business visit abroad, ever. She will have had her reasons. George will be more with his nanny than his parents, who dont have time for anything. But I guess Kate will want to make her own experience in this regard. We'll see if this is George's first and last trip or if they continue to take him to foreign trips.

IIRC, when Charles and Diana took William on the trip to Australia, they had a specific location where William and nanny were based and Charles and Diana would go there when time allowed. They didn't haul William around to all of the engagements. I imagine William and Kate will do something similar with George and only move George's base when they move between countries.

Diana set the precedence on traveling on an overseas tour with an infant and I really can't see Kate being comfortable at all with George separated from her for an extended period of time.

We'll see what happens and how they handle it.

Perhaps it's precisely because Diana didn't take her children on trips with her, that William wants George on the trip (or future trips) with him and Kate. Perhaps he remembers missing his parents when they were away.

Perhaps it's precisely because Diana didn't take her children on trips with her, that William wants George on the trip (or future trips) with him and Kate. Perhaps he remembers missing his parents when they were away.

Diana did take William with her, and Charles, when they came to Australia when he was about 9 months (same age as George will be) but then she realised that it was disruptive to his routine and she wasn't able to spend all that much time with him anyway and so didn't do so again.

Diana did take William with her, and Charles, when they came to Australia when he was about 9 months (same age as George will be) but then she realised that it was disruptive to his routine and she wasn't able to spend all that much time with him anyway and so didn't do so again.

Exactly. Maybe it was a one-off for the reasons you mentioned but also when Harry came along, its impossible to tag two kids along, especially when they get older. So taking George now might be the only possibility they will get. As soon as he gets older/there is a sibling thats the end of it.

It doesn't negate the fact that William may have missed his parents while they were gone, which was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom