General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But these messages do indicate that William cared a lot for Kate. He made time in his schedule to see her, even during training.

But these messages do indicate that William cared a lot for Kate. He made time in his schedule to see her, even during training.

that doesnt make it right. IT was private.

Video:
Trial Hears Of William's 'Babykins' Call To Kate-
Trial Hears Of William's 'Babykins' Call To Kate

Harmless messages but it's embarrassing to have these very private messages hacked and read out in public.
:sad: I agree. Most royals already know what it is like to be bombarded by the paparazzi and do IMHO their best to cope. However, this really shows the depths that the media are willing to stoop to in order to get that "scoop."

Also I feel terrible for those parents of the murdered teenager who also had their phones hacked. They became public figures under horrific circumstances and their privacy was invaded in the worst way.

:previous: We never heard the contents of the missing teenager's voicemails, simply that it had been hacked. The fact that we are hearing the contents of the Royals voicemails is very significant in itself.

To be honest, I think these were probably the least embarassing or intimate ones and I believe William and Harry must have given permission for their contents to be read in open court. Ginger! Babykins! Knowing that these were intercepted lets us know that there were plenty more where they came from and that if they could hack them they could hack the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Yorks, the Wessex's, the Prime Minister's! I am sure that if HM had one it would have been toast too.

The degree of embarassment coupled with outrage that people feel when hearing these voicemails is racheted up when it's people who are vulnerable to having their initmate personal details made public or sensitive information that would never, ever become public knowledge. It's the unknown that is the worst. What information may they have left that could have resulted in dangerous consequences for the unsuspecting victims?

It's not just a moral outrage, but a security nightmare!

:previous: We never heard the contents of the missing teenager's voicemails, simply that it had been hacked. The fact that we are hearing the contents of the Royals voicemails is very significant in itself.

To be honest, I think these were probably the least embarassing or intimate ones and I believe William and Harry must have given permission for their contents to be read in open court. Ginger! Babykins! Knowing that these were intercepted lets us know that there were plenty more where they came from and that if they could hack them they could hack the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Yorks, the Wessex's, the Prime Minister's! I am sure that if HM had one it would have been toast too.

The degree of embarassment coupled with outrage that people feel when hearing these voicemails is racheted up when it's people who are vulnerable to having their initmate personal details made public or sensitive information that would never, ever become public knowledge. It's the unknown that is the worst. What information may they have left that could have resulted in dangerous consequences for the unsuspecting victims?

It's not just a moral outrage, but a security nightmare!

I agree with everything you said, except that hacking Milly Dowler's voicemail wasn't just an invasion of privacy--it interfered with the police investigation. The police and her family thought she was alive because someone was listening to and then deleting her voicemails.

Losing a child under those circumstances is horrible but then to find out the media was playing games must have made it even worse. The delay in the investigation could have led to even more tragedy. I know it didn't happen in the Dowler case, but it's conceivable that a murderer could have killed another girl while the police were still assuming Milly was alive.

I don't know how royals and celebrities deal with the constant pressure of having the media track their every move--and employing such despicable tactics: they hacked their phones, they bribe friends, hiding in bushes, etc...

I wasn't sure where to post this, as there isn't a "miscellania" thread for William and Catherine at the moment.

With unflattering grimaces, pinprick eyes and over-sized hands, Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge are barely recognizable as they appear cast in Play-Doh.

The modeling brand sculpted the royal couple as part of its 2013 'Year In Review' project and looked back at the birth of their first baby together this July.

The doughy depiction of the new parents shows them stood on a balcony of what appears to be Buckingham Palace with a 'large-nosed' Kate cradling her newborn, Prince George, in one arm.

Wills and Kate, is that you? Royal couple are immortalized in Play-Doh | Mail Online

:ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

Actually these depictions aren't too bad considering they're made out of Play Doh. Whoever made these seem to know William's penchant for his blue suit eh?

Makes us realize just how big and widespread and important to the world the birth of Prince George of Cambridge was in 2013.

She might have made headlines when a sprinkling of grey hairs were seen marring her glossy locks but that hasn't stopped the Duchess of Cambridge from being voted the UK's number one beauty icon for the third year in a row.

The 32-year-old royal saw off competition from TV favourite Holly Willoughby and Strictly Come Dancing champion Abbey Clancy to take the title, which was bestowed following a poll of 2000 British women.

Completing the top five were singer Beyonce and perennial favourite Cheryl Cole who remained popular despite adding an eye-catching tattoo to her posterior earlier this year.

Kate Middleton crowned top beauty icon of 2013: Duchess beats Abbey Clancy and Beyonce to claim title for third year running | Mail Online

Ok, I'm confused - surely that's his own dog?? That's what Daily Mail have been claiming anyway.

The dog story is ridiculous. There are photos of James and his dog and Kate with Lupo. They are the same type of dog. If William and/or Kate are not present- it is not Lupo.
Here's a picture of Catherine and James and both black cocker spaniels walking together. The two dogs are rumored to have been whelped from the same litter of the Middleton parent's dog.
Kate Middleton Walks Dog in Kensington Gardens : People.com

Last edited:
"Hello" Canadian Edition Confused Too...

Hi Everyone,

I just saw the front cover of "Hello" magazine from Canada where, like the "Daily Mail" last year, it referred to the "Spring" tour of Australia W and K are making in April.

Doesn't anyone in the professional media in the Northern Hemisphere understand that the seasons reverse once you cross the equator.

W and K wil be in Oz in Autumn time - they'll have to come back in September/October/November if they're to have a spring tour.

(Though mind you, maybe Australia's autumn would seem like spring - or even summer - to the reporters from the UK and Canada! :lol:).

Cheers, Sun Lion.

P.S. Just makes me wonder how much else they publish that isn't right. I still remember the "Daily Mail" headline from last February placing the Mustique holiday in the Mediterranean!)

Last edited:
General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Since the magazine is for Canada, April is spring for Canada. If the magazine is Australian, they should use fall.

It is the same if money is in the article. For example, if William and Kate attend a fundraiser, the UK papers are going to say the charity raised so many pounds. In the US, they are going to put the amount in US dollars even though it was raised in the UK

Last edited:
Since the magazine is for Canada, April is spring for Canada. If the magazine is Australian, they should use fall.

It is the same if money is in the article. For example, if William and Kate attend a fundraiser, the UK papers are going to say the charity raised so many pounds. In the US, they are going to put the amount in US dollars even though it was raised in the UK

Hi Skippyboo,

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

If they're expriencing one season while on tour, I can't see the point in reporting it as another season.

Let's hope W and K don't ever come to Australia in summer and work up a tan, and have the Northern Hemisphere media report on their "winter" tour.

Best Wishes,

Sun Lion. :flowers:

So the 2016 Summer Olympics which will be in August in Rio should really be the Winter Olympics? Since it is in the Southern Hemisphere. :)

Hello is referring more to when they are going not what season it is where they are going. Since Hello Canada would be read by Canadians April is Spring. If it said Fall tour of Australia, I would think they are going in Sept or Oct ( As a Northern Hemispherer)
However, if I am sitting in a park in Sydney reading Australian Women's Day or some other Aussie magazine and it said Fall tour. I am thinking April or May.

Forgot to add Skippyboo that I'm also probably being influenced by some of the comments in the "Daily Mail" article where the anti W and K brigade took the "Spring Tour" headline and seemed particularly resentful that after a disappointing UK summer and harsh winter, the Royal Couple were escaping for a spring jaunt - when in fact of course they'd be missing out on any delights of an English spring.

Best Wishes, Sun Lion. :flowers:

Well this is a way to make something out of nothing.

So the 2016 Summer Olympics which will be in August in Rio should really be the Winter Olympics? Since it is in the Southern Hemisphere. :)

Hello is referring more to when they are going not what season it is where they are going. Since Hello Canada would be read by Canadians April is Spring. If it said Fall tour of Australia, I would think they are going in Sept or Oct ( As a Northern Hemispherer)
However, if I am sitting in a park in Sydney reading Australian Women's Day or some other Aussie magazine and it said Fall tour. I am thinking April or May.

Australian magazines wouldn't say 'fall' at all. We call that season 'autumn' not 'fall'.

Thanks for the correction. I'm American so we tend to be Fall people. Hope you aren't baking too much with the heat in Australia.

You have to ignore the Daily Mail comment posters since they will be complaining that their tour will be another taxpayer paid vacation which we know it is not.

Hopefully Kate will do an engagement soon so we have something real to discuss.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 10m
Got an interesting exclusive in tomorrow's Daily Mail:how William & Kate have set up companies to protect their intellectual property rights

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 7m
The move will allow them to protect their image rights & even market products in their names (for charity of course).Harry has done the same

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6m
It must be stressed that the companies are dormant and there are no plans for them to do this any time soon.A precautionary move, palace say

Except it's not secret. I vaguely remember reading about it a year or so ago, but I don't know how to access any of the articles, since now if it's googled, the more recent article is listed, and nothing else.

Full story from the DM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Kate and Wills, secretly set up companies to protect their brand | Mail Online

Couple of points:

- setting up a company is not a secret, it is a matter of public record
- they did it in 2012
- Harry has also done this but obviously doesn't fit in the headline
- This story feels familiar to me, but I dont know how to access older version of this
thread as there is no link on the 1st page. Does this ring any bells with anyone else?

Cepe - it probably came up after the vacation in France photos came out. The timing matches. My guess is that one of the reports mentioned how the Beckhams had dealt with the issue. It is ingenious. Make your image a corporate asset - then sue when your asset is materially damaged. If the rags can't make money after all is said and done - they will not do it.

It's also snarky - if they do it. As is, it's just a big stick potentially.

^ I think suing to protect their brand as opposed to invasion of privacy would be a risky thing for them to do in terms of public opinion. For one thing, "brand" muddies the distinction between royals and mere celebrities, which the BRF always seems at pains to distinguish. And unlike the Beckhams, the Cambridges' brand belongs to and for the benefit of the United Kingdom in a certain sense. (I'm not expressing that very well, but I think you know what I mean.)

I'm not saying Will and Kate are not entitled to privacy, that they shouldn't have registered these companies or that it wouldn't be an effective legal strategy. Just that if they were to use it they might face a lot of blowback from the public.

No, I don't think so - they will give all damage payed to charities - so I can't see any upcoming problems.

IF they would do it, to live on the proceeds - that would be another matter ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom