General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One trip is to Australia and New Zealand. The second ? With England going to the World Cup, maybe Caribbean countries and a pop down to Brazil like Harry did in 2013? What would be cool if William and Kate went to Italy since the queen couldn't go this year because she was sick.

Possibly a trip to Africa. I had heard one was in the plan and was stalled after the mall attack.

Will other children of William and Kate bear prince/princess title like Pr. George? I remember I read somewhere that during QEII's reign other children will get titles as lord/lady. Is it right?

Will other children of William and Kate bear prince/princess title like Pr. George? I remember I read somewhere that during QEII's reign other children will get titles as lord/lady. Is it right?

Under typical circumstances, only the oldest son of the oldest son of the heir apparent to the monarch is a Prince at birth, all other children are Lord/Lady until there are fewer generations between them and the monarch.

However, last December the Queen issued new LPs making all of William's children Princes(ses). This is similar to the LPs issued when the then Princess Elizabeth was pregnant with Charles.

Under typical circumstances, only the oldest son of the oldest son of the heir apparent to the monarch is a Prince at birth, all other children are Lord/Lady until there are fewer generations between them and the monarch.

However, last December the Queen issued new LPs making all of William's children Princes(ses). This is similar to the LPs issued when the then Princess Elizabeth was pregnant with Charles.

thanks for the information. What about Pr. Harry's future children?

As for Harry, they are lord or lady if born while the queen is alive and become princess or prince when Charles becomes King. Presumably the queen would give Harry a peerage on his wedding day so the first son if there is one, could use a courtesy title from his father like Viscount Linley does. Of course Harry and future Mrs Harry could do like the Wessexes have done and leave their kids be styled like the children of a peer instead of using the prince/princess titles.

Thanks for posting this. It is true and important. Why do we feel it necessary to pass or fail the Duchess's hair, shoes, hand placement, on and on ? I admit I TRY to be a feminist grouch as I ha-rump over Will's sad overuse of blue shirt and that one tie. But that's silly concern about things that do not really matter so much, when you think about it.
I try to keep in mind that all this concern for physical perfection is in my own head. What's important is that team Cambridge is happy and healthy and productive members of their family and society.
And then I go look at the pictures in the Daily Mail. :whistling:

You're welcome! :flowers:

Every woman should read the article (I know it's not strictly about Catherine)! It raises an important issue, something that annoys and disgusts me much and made me leave another royal forum, which shall not be named. :sick::whistling:

Every woman should read the article (I know it's not strictly about Catherine)! It raises an important issue, something that annoys and disgusts me much and made me leave another royal forum, which shall not be named. :sick::whistling:

I think it boils down to one thing as far as forums are concerned, we participate in and discuss various aspects of all royalty from their duties and responsibilities and protocol to what fabric was used in the latest outfit worn and what color blusher and eyeliner and how light/heavy its use was.

I don't really believe that any among us here at TRF are out specifically to demean, dissect or dump on any persona in a disrespectful way but its what we come here for and what we do. Discuss. Underlining and making the public aware of causes, issues and giving their countries a sense of pride is what monarchies and royalties do and it fascinates us and every aspect of their lives, loves and idiosyncrasies take up thousands of posts in quite a few threads. The fact that we care to discuss, form opinions and give our own perspectives is the reason TRF has existed for so long. We come, we read, we post and, in my case, learn.

We truly learn what life in a fishbowl must be like and for the most part, the majority of us here wouldn't trade our anonymity for a pair of gold fins and gills although I'd have to admit after reading the jewels and tiara threads, there's a good incentive. The positive aspect of all this is it proves that our royals are doing what they're there to do.

I appreciate your concerns, but I disagree that it's destructive to simply state an opinion on how a woman looks in a particular outfit worn to a public occasion. Comments that are personally nasty and rude can be destructive, i.e., she looks fat. But saying something like: I do or don't like the color, is part of the fun. I admit that I love to see what Sophie and Camilla are wearing because I am a middle aged woman and their appearances have given me some ideas for myself.

What I don't appreciate is candid shots of Catherine and other royals or celebrities out in public when they are not making formal public appearances. I can't think of anything more destructive than feeling like I couldn't go out without someone photographing my every move.

Catherine, unlike the Kardashians and a few members of the royal family, has not opened her private life to scrutiny. She has maintained her privacy and the general public should respect her rights by not reading media that publish these photos. If enough of us refuse to click or pay for the tabloid, the reporters will stop.

I appreciate your concerns, but I disagree that it's destructive to simply state an opinion on how a woman looks in a particular outfit worn to a public occasion. Comments that are personally nasty and rude can be destructive, i.e., she looks fat. But saying something like: I do or don't like the color, is part of the fun. I admit that I love to see what Sophie and Camilla are wearing because I am a middle aged woman and their appearances have given me some ideas for myself. What I don't appreciate is candid shots of Catherine and other royals or celebrities out in public when they are not making formal public appearances. I can't think of anything more destructive than feeling like I couldn't go out without someone photographing my every move. Catherine, unlike the Kardashians and a few members of the royal family, has not opened her private life to scrutiny. She has maintained her privacy and the general public should respect her rights by not reading media that publish these photos. If enough of us refuse to click or pay for the tabloid, the reporters will stop.

I could not agree more. I have advocating for years that people refuse to open photos taken while not on duty as that let's the photographers know it's okay to stalk people for THE picture.

;)Dman:
Thank you for sharing the video. I remember when William's mother got married, yes I am an ole lady now, I set the alarm just so that I could get up and have my tea ready when it came on Tv, now her son is married and has a son.................wow. I bet his mom would be so darn proud of him today for the young man he turned out to be. Adore William and Harry, may blessings fly their way always.

Wow! Now that is totally priceless! Thanks for finding that royalistbert! I loved it.:flowers:

adorable! and boy did he have a polished bow, obviously he has done it a few times. Cute glimpse of Harry too

adorable! and boy did he have a polished bow, obviously he has done it a few times. Cute glimpse of Harry too

In that respect, he kind of reminds me of his father who loved being on stage in productions when younger.

Harry playing the washboard was so cute too!

OMG! That's a beautiful, funny and very rare video of William, Harry and Diana. I think someone should get William and Harry to see this video because they probably don't even know that this private outing was recorded. I know they would be very happy to see it.

I truly enjoy seeing William on stage and he looked like he was having a ball up there. Harry brought down the house with the washboard.

What a remarkable Video - sooo shy in between and then so - äh - "powerful" in between. A really phantastic Little Piece of history..... A great find!
Bye Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom