General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me that granny will be babysitting that day. :whistling:

Something tells me either the nanny will be babysitting or William's off on his own. I would never take a 2 month to a wedding.

It sounds a bit far to take such a small baby for a day or two unless the family will be planning to stay an extra few days. I also doubt that the couple will take their baby to a wedding yet.

It sounds a bit far to take such a small baby for a day or two unless the family will be planning to stay an extra few days. I also doubt that the couple will take their baby to a wedding yet.

Well, as far as I am concerned they can take the child where they like, provided it goes in a private car with firmly closed windows so that other travellers do not have to hear him screaming the place down as so orften happens when parents see fit to take their small, unruly children on holiday and consistently end up sitting either behind or in front of me on the plane/train/bus/coach/boat! Obviously if it actually was Prince George sitting behind me I wouldn't mind one bit!

Thats funny. :) I know how you feel though. Nothing like a screaming child or crying baby to listen to. I suppose if they want to take the baby, they will. Im not sure they would though, considering the little Prince is so young.

I don't know much about babies but I didn't think that all babies were confined to home. I've seen babies out in cars, planes, trains, buggies etc. for years.

People need to travel and the fact is, at a very young age they need to be with their mother. Ergo, babies travel.

He is a baby - a trip for a couple of hours in a car won't harm him, or them.

Crickey many parents in Australia take their babies those sorts of distances at his age as a matter of course e.g. my colleague who had a child in April has already taken said child to both South Africa and the UK and back again for the simple reason that neither set of grandparents can travel anymore due to age and one set is in South Africa and the other in London. They took a three week old and a two year old with no problems - the two year old has done the trip annually since birth so is quite used to it and helped with the baby in some ways by playing with it while mummy and daddy got things organised. Since the trip one grandmother has already passed away - but she did see both her grandsons only a week before she died.

George is no different and so if they wish to take him to Wales - a few hours drive, or to Balmoral, a bit of a longer drive or a flight, then so be it - he will be fine.

I don't know much about babies but I didn't think that all babies were confined to home. I've seen babies out in cars, planes, trains, buggies etc. for years.

People need to travel and the fact is, at a very young age they need to be with their mother. Ergo, babies travel.

Oh, absolutely, babies travel and go places all the time (especially when you consider that a lot of people can't necessarily afford a nanny or a babysitter and so, if the parents need to go somewhere, the child goes along). In general, it's absolutely fine, unless there's a particular health concern of some kind, I believe. I know I took my first plane flight when I was only a few weeks old (well, maybe 2 or 3 months) so that I was able to visit my father's family - my grandmother was too elderly to travel, and I believe it was the only time I got to see her before she died.

She is very probably narrowing down her choices and putting out inquiries though.

This made me chuckle. If true, this is a way to genuinely cut the paps off at the ankles. :lol:
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot - Mirror Online

Remember how Catherine showed of her snaps of the trip last year. Something tells me they had already thought about the idea of these photos.

If I remember right, Kate's always been avid about taking photos. I think this idea of William and Kate sharing their own family photos is so much better than a bazillion paps behind a barrier taking photos of a wee one put "on display".

I'm really looking forward to seeing these pictures. :)

She can take photos of just George and William with George. He can take ones of her with the baby. You just need someone to take a photo of all three.

Pippa or Carole? The article said the photos were taking while at her parents house

Prince Andrew dabbled in photography, did he not? Maybe Will asked him to take the family pictures, depending on how close they are.

I like the pictures that the DRF publishes if the CP's children that Mary takes herself, they seem to be better than the professional pictures. I can't wait to see the pictures of little George!

I think the garden is an excellent idea. I'd also like to see William and Kate (and George) there for the dedication. As much as this couple has meant to Anglesey, I would bet it meant even more to Will and Kate.

It does look like an absolutely beautiful place to live but I can imagine too that when bad weather hits, it hits with a furor. Wild and wonderful place.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
Princess Diana Tribute: Prince William, Kate & George visited the Spencer family this weekend - 16th anniv of her death (Daily Express)

Will and Kate and the helicopter in Lincolnshire was tweeted about on Sunday so it seems true.

Perhaps they wished to ask Lady Sarah to be godmother to George?

If the rumor about Guy Pelly is true, they are beginning to line up the godparents for October.

I so hope they asked Lady Sarah to be a godmother. Guy Pelly I'm not so sure about, time will tell though.

I love they went to go visit lady Sarah... I love that William keeps his mother close to his heart and of course keeps in touch with her side of the family. Out of all the royal families...the British one is the one who never really was human to me in so many ways... the idea for example of having a pop star sing at a wedding like Victoria of Sweden... But William and Kate are showing us time and time again they honor the history, the solemnity, the importance what they will be stepping into as King and Queen, but also they are human, they are in touch with all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds...and they will pave the way for a modern monarchy.... very neatly encapsulating the tradition, the importance, the steadfast duty...but with a sense of real fun and a wonderful common touch to the people they will reign over. The first official picture taken by her father of their family with their dog....speaks volumes that William will do things his way with respect to tradition.

I hope they invite ALL the Spencers as they should to the christening..may God watch over baby George, and may God give all three of them a very happy life together as a family.

Amen, Lady Marmalade. Pray to God to watch over this beautiful family and I too liking seeing William & Catherine do their own thing.

I like knowing they are keeping in contact with their extended family, the Spencer's. I think would be very nice if the Spencer's attended the christening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom