General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't believe that the press would ever have been given the information of this nature. If/when William and family do decide to go to Althorp and spend time there remembering his mother, I would almost guarantee it would be a very private occasion.

As far as taking baby George there, I think William has enough brains to realize that a visit such as this would be more beneficial if/when the child is actually old enough to understand and appreciate the visit.

It is macabre for the press to be talking about visits to Diana's grave when the baby isn't even a week old. And I absolutely agree that if William does take George to the site, it would be when he's older and more cognizant of the purpose for the trip.

Last edited:
That doesn't necessarily have to be the case. My cousins wife died giving birth at 25 weeks and every yr around the holidays he takes his daughter to her moms grave to lay flowers..(the baby was born in 2009 and they bring flowers every yr)...So really in that type of situation its up to the parents..william will take his son to visit diana's grave when he is good and ready to do so...I just hope people who live around there and media would respect that situation when it does happen.

Picture the scene - William and George in a rowing boat crossing to the island to see Diana's grave! :lol:

Truly, I don't think so.

^^^I had thoughts of that myself; George would need a custom-made life jacket to fit his tiny body!

Yes it is, taking a newborn to a grave site seems to be inviting bad karma for said baby. After the death of the Jacinth Saldanha, there is already enough negativity surrounding George and his birth.

Interesting. I remember that after Robert F. (Bobby) Kennedy was assassinated, Ethel gave birth to a baby girl and she took the baby (Rory) to visit RFK's grave. That did not seem creepy. Not sure why this is different.

The difference to me is that Diana has been dead for almost 17 years . George is a week old. I don't believe the story at all. I sure that William has held his son in his arms and told his mother about him without physically going to her grave.

Most likely won't happen until the child is a bit older and able to have an understanding of the visit.

The difference to me is that Diana has been dead for almost 17 years . George is a week old. I don't believe the story at all. I sure that William has held his son in his arms and told his mother about him without physically going to her grave.

Exactly! Maybe when he is a lot older and the conversation about death comes up. But taking a newborn on a boat to go to visit your mother's grave on an island? I don't think so.

Exactly! Maybe when he is a lot older and the conversation about death comes up. But taking a newborn on a boat to go to visit your mother's grave on an island? I don't think so.

Plus no way would the press have not picked up on a visit to Althorp. They're camped out in Bucklebury hoping for images, so if William and Kate had left, there'd most likely be pictures

It does seem a bit bizarre. Probably a fabricated story. You're right, maybe when he is older.

I guess it all depends on how often William himself goes to Althorp. It's not something we really hear about.

It is always very sad when the tabloids resort to tragedy stories to sell.

I agree, I think the story is silly.

Personally, I don't believe that the press would ever have been given the information of this nature. If/when William and family do decide to go to Althorp and spend time there remembering his mother, I would almost guarantee it would be a very private occasion.

As far as taking baby George there, I think William has enough brains to realize that a visit such as this would be more beneficial if/when the child is actually old enough to understand and appreciate the visit.

When Ethel Kennedy gave birth to her youngest six months after her husband died she brought her child to his grave to quote meet her father. I doubt a boat is dangerous and people handle loss differently. I wouldn't judge anyone for doing that.

How is it different? I think people here are basically speaking as outsiders that did not lose their mother at a young age. Again, there isn't anything wrong with it. And the passage of time doesn't suddenly mean it means less. So what she's been dead for more than ten years. Is there a rule or cap on the limit of years to do this lol

Comparing what Ethel Kennedy did to the stories about William isn't the same scenario. A closer scenario, would be if the grown up Rory Kennedy took her newborn to her father's grave.

There has been a passage of years allowing for William to come to terms with his mother's death. It didn't happen weeks or months ago like what happen with Ethel Kennedy. It was almost 17 years ago. Bonding with his son and taking care of his living wife has to be his first priority.

Is this their summer house or it will be a permanent house till their apartment at Kensington Palace is completed?

This particular story has since been refuted as the man with the current lease has not moved out yet and is busy relocating his business - obviously a priority. Furthermore, there are denials of the Queen paying him off.

So I think its Bucklebury and Notts. Cottage until 1A is completed, plus moving out of the house on Anglesey.

Anmer Hall will be a country retreat, both for summer (great expanses of beach nearby) and Christmas, where the Cambridges can entertain the Middletons. Good shooting place.

We don't know how often prince William visits his mothers grave. Maybe he visits it often, maybe on her death anniversary whenever possible.

If William takes his son, I think it's nothing strange.

Does anyone know when George will be christened? Is there going to be any pictures released of the boy like Victoria did with Estelle? Would be nice to see the little Prince soon.

Many believe the christening will take place in the fall. When The Queen gets back from Balmoral. I do believe there will be pictures released and maybe even some video.

Something tells me that granny will be babysitting that day. :whistling:

Which one? I don't think it will be the Queen though you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom