General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think, given William's work schedule, what's likely to happen is he'll go up to visit them when he's off work.

Even when William is at work, he don't go home all the time. If he's on call and duty, he stays on base.

That's sad for William, not having his little family around when he comes home.

He stays on the base when he's working so it's the best solution

He stays on the base when he's working so it's the best solution

The other possibility is for Carole to go to Anglesey to stay with Catherine until the baby sleeps through the night. A lot of mothers do that when the father is on duty.

Re surname article in the Express, its just a piece of fluff. charles just signs himself Charles, including his marriage certificate; Anne signed M-W on her marriage certificate; Wales is used by William and Harry. IIIRC Charles passport says Charles. Im sure Ive seen that but you are welco e to ingnore me on that cosI cant remember where.

This piece is fluff because it makes absolutely no difference to anything.

Thats another 3 minutes I'll never have back. :lol:

Charles is The Prince Charles Philip Arthur on the marriage register, while Andrew and Anne both used M-W.

It's been reported that Charles and Andrew both used just Windsor on a day-to-day basis while in the service. Edward used Windsor professionally prior to his marriage and Wessex after it.

William and Harry used Wales in school and their armed services, but William used M-W for the French courts. Beatrice and Eugenie both used York while in school, while Louise is often styled using simply Windsor (although I believe she appears in the CC as M-W).

I've seen a picture of a guest book signed by William and Catherine where they both just used their first names, which is likely how most of the family sign their names. As for the passports, I believe there was a picture of an old passport of Charles' that had his title as a surname.

George'll probably follow suite - sometimes use M-W, sometimes use Windsor, sometimes use Cambridge, sometimes just use George.

I have a doubt... If the Queen stays in Balmoral until October, does this mean the Christening will take place just from then?

I have a doubt... If the Queen stays in Balmoral until October, does this mean the Christening will take place just from then?

More likely it means that the christening won't happen until after the Queen is back.

The general consensus is that the Christening will be scheduled after the Queen returns from Balmoral.

The general consensus is that the Christening will be scheduled after the Queen returns from Balmoral.

Yes, but wouldn't it be fun to have the christening in Scotland, especially given W&K's connection there? Alas, it will probably be London.

politically it would be good for it to take place in Scotland but that would mean the BRF accommodating the ABC (Archbishop of Canterbury) and the Godparents and their spouses at least.

Less pressure on HMQ and DoE (who will be convalescing) if it takes place in London

EDIT: or Windsor

politically it would be good for it to take place in Scotland but that would mean the BRF accommodating the ABC (Archbishop of Canterbury) and the Godparents and their spouses at least.

Less pressure on HMQ and DoE (who will be convalescing) if it takes place in London

EDIT: or Windsor

Okay... I'm just going to toss this out there, but somehow I think the BRF could manage the accommodations.

The question is, does the ABC have the power to do a baptism in Scotland?

COE exists in Scotland but good point - could offend COS.

Additional points available to those who can say what the initials stand for and describe in 1000 words the religious differences :lol:

I wonder if they HAVE to use the ABC. He isn't even the same one who married them. They (and Charles) seem to have a closer relationship to the Bishop of London. He is the person who confirmed Catherine, if memory serves, as well as delivered the sermon at their wedding. Nothing against the ABC, of course, but I'd want to choose a person with whom I already had a relationship when it comes to something so personal as the christening of your first child.

I wonder if they HAVE to use the ABC. He isn't even the same one who married them. They (and Charles) seem to have a closer relationship to the Bishop of London. He is the person who confirmed Catherine, if memory serves, as well as delivered the sermon at their wedding. Nothing against the ABC, of course, but I'd want to choose a person with whom I already had a relationship when it comes to something so personal as the christening of your first child.

It's a legal/ceremonial thing. The Archbishop of Canterbury has to christen and marry the future monarch (not sure about confirmation).

I doubt they have to use the ABC, but it is certainly a tradition. Every monarch since Edward VII has been baptized by the ABC.

COE exists in Scotland but good point - could offend COS.

Additional points available to those who can say what the initials stand for and describe in 1000 words the religious differences :lol:

CoE - Church of England.
CoS = Church of Scotland.

The CoS is a Presbyterian Church. Presbyterian churches believe in the authority of scripture, the justification of Grace through faith, the priesthood of all believers, and the sovereignty of God. Basically, the knowledge of God and God's purpose comes from the Bible not other sources, salvation comes only from God's Grace and not our own actions, the church is governed by all members, both clergy and non-clergy, male and female, and God is the supreme authority in the universe.

The CoE is an Anglican Church (or Catholic-lite). Officially it is a Reformed Catholic Church and has characteristics of both Catholic and Protestant faiths. What makes it unique (according to the ABC in 2006) is it's combination of 3 principles; "the reformed commitment to the priority of the Bible for deciding doctrine, the catholic loyalty to the sacraments and the threefold ministry of bishops, priests, and deacons," and a "habit of cultural sensitivity and intellectual flexibility that does not seek to close down unexpected questions too quickly." Most Christian churches have one or two of these belief systems, but the Anglican Church is unique in having all 3.

http://christianity.about.com/od/denominations/a/Presbyterian.htm
http://stlukeschapel.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=18&Itemid=25

George will be the Supreme Governor of the Church of England so it stands to reason that the current spiritual head of that chuch would baptise and confirm, marry and lead the funeral service for those who have been or will be the Supreme Governor.

They will have greater freedom with any younger children but George is different.

Let's hope the couple will visit Philip at Sandringham with the baby and not wait till October as the article claims if he's still in poor health. At this stage of the game, I think Philip meeting George sooner rather than later is a wiser course of action, irregardless of when the christening takes place.

Last edited:
Royal baby family portrait delayed as Prince Philip is too ill to pose for picture with William, Kate and George:
Royal baby family portrait delayed as Prince Philip is too ill to pose for picture with William, Kate and George - Mirror Online

I think we already knew the christening will most likely take place a little later.

I think this is a nonsense. William only has 2 weeks off and we all know that the Queen was going to Scotland. And it is obvious that William's paternity leave and the DoE going to Scotland do not coincide.

The BRF has never, to my knowledge, but the family together for a photo op. The norm is to do it when the christening takes place.

Load of old toot!

Is just me or these stories about them taking the baby to Diana's grave seem a bit creepy?

Is just me or these stories about them taking the baby to Diana's grave seem a bit creepy?
If it's true, I don't see anything creepy about it if William feels a closer connection to Diana there. I personally don't visit cemeteries that often, but my husband visits his mother's grave on a regular basis. Everyone is different.

Yes it is, taking a newborn to a grave site seems to be inviting bad karma for said baby. After the death of the Jacinth Saldanha, there is already enough negativity surrounding George and his birth.

Personally, I don't believe that the press would ever have been given the information of this nature. If/when William and family do decide to go to Althorp and spend time there remembering his mother, I would almost guarantee it would be a very private occasion.

As far as taking baby George there, I think William has enough brains to realize that a visit such as this would be more beneficial if/when the child is actually old enough to understand and appreciate the visit.

Personally, I don't believe that the press would ever have been given the information of this nature. If/when William and family do decide to go to Althorp and spend time there remembering his mother, I would almost guarantee it would be a very private occasion.

As far as taking baby George there, I think William has enough brains to realize that a visit such as this would be more beneficial if/when the child is actually old enough to understand and appreciate the visit.

I'm not disagreeing that the media is just speculating. I do not believe William would discuss this with anyone who would talk to the media, so the media is just looking for a "Diana angle" to sell newspapers

However, my husband did take our 3 month old baby to his mother's grave. It wasn't for the baby's sake, it was for my husband's. He takes comfort in visiting her grave and he used to take our small children occasionally, even though she has been dead more than 20 years. My teenaged daughter still goes with him sometimes. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom