General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 52m
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge were in Oxfordshire today to celebrate the wedding of close friends William van Cutsem & Rosie Ruck Keene.

From Twitter:

Kate Debate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 51m
Hello reports a tour to Australia and NZ is being planned for Will & Kate for Spring 2014.

I'm really looking forward to another tour. I wonder if they'll take the baby with them?

I'm really looking forward to another tour. I wonder if they'll take the baby with them?

From the years of watching this couple, I would think the odds of them taking the baby with them is far greater than leaving the child home with nannies. I think Will and Kate are going to be very hands on parents.

They'll probably take a nanny along with them ...

I hope not. I thought it was a bit of a publicity stunt when Diana did it. Royal tours are not family vacations. They generally have pretty packed schedules of daily engagements so at best the baby is left in a hotel room with nannies and the parents get to see the baby for a few minutes in the morning before going out and then in the evening while changing for a dinner.

I really don't think Charles & Diana took baby William with them for publicity or did it as a stunt. They had a royal tour to take on and naturally they took their baby with them.

I think when William & Catherine do another tour, they will most likely take their baby too. The days of leaving the baby at home while they go to another country is pretty much over. I'll have to wait for some confirmation on this particular trip though.

I don't know; I seem to recall that Diana said taking the baby was a mistake because his routines were all disrupted and it was very difficult to keep to their schedule.

(But of course, everyone loved seeing the baby! I know I would want to).

I think it would've been very hard for her and Charles to leave baby William back at home for six whole weeks. I just don't see William & Catherine leaving their baby behind until the baby gets older.

I don't know; I seem to recall that Diana said taking the baby was a mistake because his routines were all disrupted and it was very difficult to keep to their schedule.

(But of course, everyone loved seeing the baby! I know I would want to).

I do think William and Kate will take their baby on their 1st tour after he/she is born, but they might also conclude (as Diana did) that taking a baby on tour is a mistake.

Because for William's 1st birthday, he was left behind with his nannies while Diana and Charles toured Canada.

Here is the story from People magazine's archives:
A Royal First - Birthdays, The British Royals, Prince Charles, Prince William, Princess Diana : People.com

IIRC, when Charles and Diana did the Australian tour with baby William, I think I read that they were guests at a friend/relative's homestead which they made their base for the tour. William and crew stayed there with Charles and Diana stopping in whenever it was possible to do so. I'd have to look it up in my books to find the exact details that I read.

The idea of Gramma Carole going along for Baby C isn't a far fetched idea either but I would put my bet down on a nanny. We also have to remember we don't know details... just that a possible trip is possible. The length of the trip would make a big difference along with certain other things such as Kate possibly still breast feeding (IF she's going to. We don't know).

As pointed out by a previous post, the Aussie NZ tour that Charles and Diana did with baby William was 6 weeks, I don't think that the royals do tours of that length anymore. A trip to down under - 2 weeks max. I don't think they would take baby Cambridge with them. Their foreign tours are pretty packed schedule wise. I would think that they would leave the baby and Lupo with Mike and Carole. With technology today, they could check in daily with Skype or FaceTime

Plus people would complain about the extra cost to take the baby, all it's stuff, extra policeman and somebody to watch him/her.

Apparently we have 4 potential weddings next saturday;

MoS Diary: Kate's dilemma: One weekend... four wedding invitations | Mail Online

Rupert Finch is marrying Natasha Rufus Isaacs in Cirencester.
Peregrine Hood is marrying Serena Nikkah’s in Wiltshire.
Nigerian oil heiress Emma McQuiston, become Britain’s first black marchioness when she heads down the aisle with the Viscount Weymouth, Ceawlin Thynn, at his family estate at Longleat in Wiltshire.
Charlotte Goldsmith is getting married to designer Philip Colbert at a trendy affair in East London.

If they were to go to a wedding it would probably be ruperts. But, given how much time he's been off over the last week I think he's probably going to be in Angleseey by the end of the week. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they skip all the weddings (for work and alone time). I am sure they consider toms and james weddings more than enough to go to at this point with her being so far along now. With James meades wedding, we don't know when it is.

Last edited:
Writing to William and Catherine

I'm interested in writing a letter to William and Catherine when they have their baby and congratulating them. Do any of you know if the letters actually get to them ever or if they are just ready by ladies in waiting?

What would be the best place to write to them? I read somewhere Clarence House, but I'm not sure.

I'm thinking of opening the letter with Your Royal Highnesses, and ending it with Yours sincerely. Does that seem protocol appropriate?

I can't wait till the baby is born - really hoping for a girl, lol! but it will be wonderful whether boy or girl.

You're best off writing to Clarence House as their permanent base in Anglesey we don't have an address for. It most likely won't be read by them personally and you'll recieve a standard reply signed by them or a member of staff.

Ok, I'll send it to Clarence House then. Thank-you!

There're chances to see William and Kate at Melissa's Percy wedding next weekend.

There're chances to see William and Kate at Melissa's Percy wedding next weekend.

Wonder how many will title their press pieces "Will and Kate return to Hogwarts"?

If they do or are planning on attending, it will not be announced. I really doubt that they want the press coverage to focus on anyone other than the bride and groom. Thats how it should be.

IMO I hope they can attend privately without any fanfare.

Well, the Percy's don't seem to mind the press coverage they get. They seemed to have loved it at the last wedding. Pippa was there and Chelsy as well.

I think it would be nice if William & Catherine and even Harry could make it to the wedding. I guess Catherine's attendance depends on how she's feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom