General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That blog post is...really disturbing. Creepy obsessive, completely dismissive of whether Kate or any of the royal family gets hurt in their stalking, just as long as they have access to her in some form or fashion. "We'll do whatever we want with her because she's OURS!"

I feel deeply sorry for Kate all over again.

My thoughts exactly. I was very disturbed as well. The last thing we need is for history to repeat itself.

That blog post is...really disturbing. Creepy obsessive, completely dismissive of whether Kate or any of the royal family gets hurt in their stalking, just as long as they have access to her in some form or fashion. "We'll do whatever we want with her because she's OURS!"

especially written by someone who is a self-appointed ambassadour for God.

Kate is ours in the same way Diana was: we cannot be kept at bay:
Kate is ours in the same way Diana was: we cannot be kept at bay – Telegraph Blogs

Very true, Catherine is the British peoples future Queen but I think it's important to treat your future Queen with some respect. She'll do her part by serving the people, support great causes and dutifully fly the flag for the United Kingdom and Commonwealth but I think it's important to give her some time and space too.

Wowzers! That's possibly the most disturbing thing I've read this side of 21st Century.

She very well describes public feelings about 'our Royals' - and this is exactly what I find disturbing and unhealthy. A lot of people have no respect for others any longer. And every employee has a right to privacy; and my employees are living of my money, they have no other source of income. But that doesn't make them 'owned' by me. Not since we abolished slavery, Leibeigenschaft, serfdom or any other bond.

(we are all living of 'other peoples money' in a way - that is our kind of economy. We are not living self-sufficient lives from the soil, but buying with money we get by providing some service or other to others) (sorry, my english is not good enough to explain better - but surly you understand, what I mean.)

I don't believe the author believes she is OURS, I think her point is that people like use, royal watchers, believe she is ours.

I think a small way each of us, myself included, is responsible for the media frenzy that surrounded Diana and now surrounds Kate. If we didn't care neither would the Berlesconi's of the world.

I live in the US, so Catherine & the rest of the BRF doesn't belong to me at all. I don't think that about any royal family, just because they are public figures. Yes, I do like to see pictures & read the articles that are published but if they aren't published, I'll live.

^^^I'm totally in agreement with you, 4Pam. I read about the royals and make comments here regarding them, but certainly don't have a vested interest in them. Life will go on no matter what they do (or don't do).

Last edited:
:previous: IF he's going to give up the RAF, then why is he concentrating on his flying at the moment to the extent that it has meant regular separation from Catherine?

Also, giving up the RAF does not mean giving up the military.

I think it is too soon for him to be a full time royal.

I think he's probably made his decision already. I don't know when they'll want to announce it though. I do think he is going to leave the SAR job and transfer to the more flexible job so he gets more time with Kate and the baby and his royal duties.

I just hope if hes leaving the SAR that it happens before the baby is born..because I think it will extremely hard on him to leave his baby and have to spend all that time in Wales.

I feel like whatever he chooses they are going to make a big deal of it. I don't think the reporters are going to be told before hand I think they are just going to get announcement from the palace one day.

Last edited:
:previous: IF he's going to give up the RAF, then why is he concentrating on his flying at the moment to the extent that it has meant regular separation from Catherine?

Also, giving up the RAF does not mean giving up the military.

I think it is too soon for him to be a full time royal.

He could be doing the separating now so he can be with her when the babies arrived. Which would hint he was preparing to become a full time royal. Although nothing hints to me that he's going to do that, he's not taken on more engagements, they've not made a definite announcement for anyone to judge.

William has the option when the SAR gets privatised to take a military desk job I believe, he could do that. But I don't think that's in him. He wants to be as close to the action as possible without going to Afghanistan.

I think he would like to stay in the SAR until 2016 when SAR is privatised. It's a 3 year term. I think he could do SAR at Wattisham, Suffolk, be based at Anmar House on the Sandringham estate and be closer to London. It has even been said that if he continues he will have to leave Anglesey, as this is RAF practice. I think Wattisham (where Harry is based) is the option. He could be upping his hours to enable him to become a SAR trainer which would give him more flexibility.

EDIT sorry for poor typing on dodgy device!
EDIT 2: I've tidied up the typing.

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
It looks like bloggers too may now come under Britain's press regulator. Beware republishing Kate pap pics.

It looks like bloggers too may now come under Britain's press regulator. Beware republishing Kate pap pics.

Not a bad thing IMO.

This reporter is in a real spin about any press regulation and is also fed up that the royal palaces do not give out all information all of the time. He's having a bad time, poor soul :whistling:

I'm a blogger, if I reblog a picture of Catherine on my tumblr site from Sunday's appearance is that a bad thing?

No it isn't. Richard Palmer is surmising - its not fact. The only issue will be if there is a question mark over breach of privacy, ie the pictures in France. Pictures in an accepted public place will be difficult to ban. There is no way they can monitor every twitter, tumblr or facebook account pictures.

This reporter is in a real spin about any press regulation and is also fed up that the royal palaces do not give out all information all of the time. He's having a bad time, poor soul :whistling:

I've been side eyeing him ever since he decided to be mad on the world behalf b/c Will and Kate didn't release Lupo's name

I think he would like to stay in the SAR until 2016 when SAR is privatised. It's a 3 year term. I think he could do SAR at Wattisham, Suffolk, be based at Anmar House on the Sandringham estate and be closer to London. It has even been said that if he continues he will have to leave Anglesey, as this is RAF practice. I think Wattisham (where Harry is based) is the option. He could be upping his hours to enable him to become a SAR trainer which would give him more flexibility.

EDIT sorry for poor typing on dodgy device!
EDIT 2: I've tidied up the typing.
Honestly I don't see the senior royals seeing a need to change anything now. There are still many members of the BRF on the "full-time" list without adding the grandchildren. A cynical part of me believes that if the grandchildren are moved on to the full-time list that there will be questions from the public regarding the need for so many especially when covering the cost of their security on a full or part time (royal engagement only) basis. If William, Kate and Harry are promoted to full-time I wouldn't be surprised if there are requests to remove HM's cousins and even Anne, Andrew and Edward to a part-time role.

Honestly I don't see the senior royals seeing a need to change anything now. There are still many members of the BRF on the "full-time" list without adding the grandchildren. A cynical part of me believes that if the grandchildren are moved on to the full-time list that there will be questions from the public regarding the need for so many especially when covering the cost of their security on a full or part time (royal engagement only) basis. If William, Kate and Harry are promoted to full-time I wouldn't be surprised if there are requests to remove HM's cousins and even Anne, Andrew and Edward to a part-time role.

There will be no change to the personal security cost as William, Catherine and Harry are already allocated full-time security. The cost of these three is not met through the new funding mechanism but through the Duchy of Cornwall. So no increase in costs except.. I believe when visiting anywhere (and it doesnt matter who it is) the local police increase security around the event and the level of local security would depend on who it is (ie greater for Catherine than, say, Princess Alexandra).

There will be no change to the personal security cost as William, Catherine and Harry are already allocated full-time security. The cost of these three is not met through the new funding mechanism but through the Duchy of Cornwall. So no increase in costs except.. I believe when visiting anywhere (and it doesnt matter who it is) the local police increase security around the event and the level of local security would depend on who it is (ie greater for Catherine than, say, Princess Alexandra).

The cost might not change and might not in actuality be covered by any form of public funding, but that's not how the people tend to see it.

Granted, whether they're full time royals or not, people are going to see the expense of them existing as funded by the tax payers.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 2m
Yes, we will know about his RAF decision and her new patronages in the next few weeks

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8m
Looks like Australia and NZ must wait another year: palace officials say William and Kate are unlikely to travel overseas this year.

I think we already knew that.

@HRHDuchesskate: William and Kate's signatures from the 2013 Easter Service in Anglesey (with many thanks to the lovely Kitty Royal) http://t.co/UySZWeURtE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom