The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1581  
Old 11-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well, its one way to keep George in the picture (pun intended).

I think it was newsworthy more so than the Cambridges' latest engagements as it pertained to their trip down under. That trip really was a smashing success wasn't it?

You're right Osipi - Australia, (and New Zealand no doubt), couldn't get enough of the Cambridge family being here amongst us. We loved every moment.
__________________

  #1582  
Old 11-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Oh, it seems like Catherine has been shopping in a lovely town called Holt, in North Norfolk - I recognise the name of the shop! Holt is a beautiful town and has plenty of nice, interesting shops and restaurants! I wonder of she had lunch at Byfords?!
__________________

__________________
JACK
  #1583  
Old 11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Aw, little George is adorable. I love his chubbiness! He reminds me a lot of one of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We have often said that the two could be related, or even twins. It's nice how they've reused a photo frame from the wedding. In regards to which family member George resembles the most, I've always thought he looks a lot like Charles did when he was younger. I don't think he looks a lot like William, but I can see some resemblance to Harry as well, though only when he was of a similar age. Out of his parents, I would say that he looks like Catherine the most, however I can't see the Mike Middleton connection personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I agree with most of the list (Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Malala Yousafai etc), but I think putting Catherine on the same list is a little over exaggerated. Yes, she has done some inspirational things such as personally writing to families in need during difficult times, but I wouldn't say that she has changed the world. Same with some of the other nominations for the list (Queen Victoria, Princess Diana etc), whilst they have done some inspiring things and have some inspirational quotations, they haven't completely changed the world, or at least IMO. When someone changes the world for me, it's when they have done something to change our views completely. Don't get me wrong, I like Catherine and she's one of my favourite British Royals, but I just think putting her on the same list as some people who are actually inspirational and have actually changed our views on certain events or things is a bit of an exaggeration. But I guess we all have different views on who is world changing and who isn't, and I'm sure some will disagree with me here, but it's just how I feel.

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #1584  
Old 11-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
Prince George calendar in Saturday's Daily Mail

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...27737145626624
  #1585  
Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Prince George calendar in Saturday's Daily Mail

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...27737145626624
Hurrah!! Prince George had a daffodil named after him: Georgie Boy Daffodil.
Now he has a calendar!
  #1586  
Old 11-29-2014, 02:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
PG looks like grandpa Middleton
When I look at Prince George I see his Aunty Pippa
  #1587  
Old 11-29-2014, 03:00 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Aw, little George is adorable. I love his chubbiness! He reminds me a lot of one of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We have often said that the two could be related, or even twins. It's nice how they've reused a photo frame from the wedding. In regards to which family member George resembles the most, I've always thought he looks a lot like Charles did when he was younger. I don't think he looks a lot like William, but I can see some resemblance to Harry as well, though only when he was of a similar age. Out of his parents, I would say that he looks like Catherine the most, however I can't see the Mike Middleton connection personally.



I agree with most of the list (Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Malala Yousafai etc), but I think putting Catherine on the same list is a little over exaggerated. Yes, she has done some inspirational things such as personally writing to families in need during difficult times, but I wouldn't say that she has changed the world. Same with some of the other nominations for the list (Queen Victoria, Princess Diana etc), whilst they have done some inspiring things and have some inspirational quotations, they haven't completely changed the world, or at least IMO. When someone changes the world for me, it's when they have done something to change our views completely. Don't get me wrong, I like Catherine and she's one of my favourite British Royals, but I just think putting her on the same list as some people who are actually inspirational and have actually changed our views on certain events or things is a bit of an exaggeration. But I guess we all have different views on who is world changing and who isn't, and I'm sure some will disagree with me here, but it's just how I feel.

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.

I agree with you, it is a bit ridiculous to put her in this position, for doing what exactly........ And I would say the same about any royal family member in any country.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
  #1588  
Old 11-29-2014, 03:01 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Prince George calendar in Saturday's Daily Mail

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...27737145626624

Oh pleeezzze!


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
  #1589  
Old 11-29-2014, 09:48 AM
PetticoatLane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: A Small Town, United Kingdom
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.
Seriously?! For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.

For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.
  #1590  
Old 11-29-2014, 10:46 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Seriously?! For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.
I completely agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.
You're right, the most of my friends in the UK knows nothing about foreign royals, they can't even name the so-called minor royals in their own country.
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
  #1591  
Old 11-29-2014, 11:19 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Seriously?!
Um, OK. I was a little put off by this comment; I'm not saying that you have to agree with me as we all have different opinions, but perhaps you could've just said that you disagree with me instead. This is an international opinion forum, so there are bound to be comments that we totally disagree with, as well as comments that we do agree with. I'm not telling you how to post as we can of course all post freely, it's just how this comment made me feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.
Perhaps I should've added the word "recently" to my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.
Well, I'm from the UK too and have never lived anywhere else, my family is also from the UK so of course I know that royals such as Mary and Letizia are unknown to the average person. Most of my friends are unaware of the more 'minor' members of 'our' RF too, e.g. one of my friends used to believe that Princess Anne was HM's sister until she met her. The Daily Mail actually have had more articles about the European Royals recently, they've become massive fans of Letizia and Maxima as they're the royals that feature in that paper the most.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #1592  
Old 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The Daily Mail actually have had more articles about the European Royals recently, they've become massive fans of Letizia and Maxima as they're the royals that feature in that paper the most.
Might it be because they have both recently become Queens and are relatively young?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1593  
Old 11-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,629
Let's stay on actual topic...news and information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
__________________
.

  #1594  
Old 11-29-2014, 02:45 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Always said he looked like Mike Middleton. Never understood the 'looks like Father/Charles/Queen/Diana' stuff ever.
Some royal watchers are determined to see a bit of Windsor/Spencer in him. It's like in-laws who insist a child looks like their side, etc.

I agree that he has always been a clone of Mike Middleton, even his body type is the same. Thanks heavens, it's nice to see some new blood injected in that clan.

I think he does have the charisma of his Uncle Harry and his grandmother Diana. He will be a charismatic figure and not simply famous for his position.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1595  
Old 11-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,544
Kate and Wills to get 'house warming' visit from the Queen when they host her at their Norfolk estate over Christmas | Daily Mail Online
  #1596  
Old 11-30-2014, 06:07 AM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 597
Wow - I would never have thought, that QEII would set foot in THAT house, where Middletons are staying

*irony of*

They could also write an articel about the Queen getting up in the morning and having breakfast, after or bevor brushing her teeth ... -

Just an intelligent guess ... nothing more.
  #1597  
Old 11-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
County youngsters sing for the Duchess of Cambridge | Prestonpans, Cockenzie & Port Seton | News | East Lothian Courier
Quote:
YOUNGSTERS from Prestonpans Infant School sang for the Duchess of Cambridge at the launch of the Place2Be Awards at Kensington Palace last week.

The school’s P3 choir appeared in a video which was shown at the start of the awards ceremony, singing and dancing with their rendition of Stronger.

The awards by the children’s mental health charity recognise the work of schools who help support children and use Place2Be to draw up programmes to help those most in need.
  #1598  
Old 12-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,932
Best of 2014: Prince George Photos : People.com
  #1599  
Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,071
I didn't know where to post this sad news so feel free to remove it:

Diamond Marshall, girl who got hug from 'princess' Kate, loses battle with cancer - Calgary - CBC News
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1600  
Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I didn't know where to post this sad news so feel free to remove it:

Diamond Marshall, girl who got hug from 'princess' Kate, loses battle with cancer - Calgary - CBC News
I remember that. It most likely meant the world to the little "princess" and her family and I'll bet my last M&M that Kate remembers it well too.
__________________

__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1575 03-19-2017 01:27 AM




Popular Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events cypher danish royalty denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch royal family family search felipe vi foundation french royalty friendly city future genealogy general news germany greece hamdan bin mohammed hill house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha jerusalem king salman lithuanian castles lithuanian palaces meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism mountbatten netflix nobel 2019 norway history official visit pakistan prince harry prince of wales princess margaret qe2 rown royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia south africa spain spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts trump visit from sweden


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×