The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well, its one way to keep George in the picture (pun intended).

I think it was newsworthy more so than the Cambridges' latest engagements as it pertained to their trip down under. That trip really was a smashing success wasn't it?

You're right Osipi - Australia, (and New Zealand no doubt), couldn't get enough of the Cambridge family being here amongst us. We loved every moment.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Oh, it seems like Catherine has been shopping in a lovely town called Holt, in North Norfolk - I recognise the name of the shop! Holt is a beautiful town and has plenty of nice, interesting shops and restaurants! I wonder of she had lunch at Byfords?!

Old 11-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Aw, little George is adorable. I love his chubbiness! He reminds me a lot of one of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We have often said that the two could be related, or even twins. It's nice how they've reused a photo frame from the wedding. In regards to which family member George resembles the most, I've always thought he looks a lot like Charles did when he was younger. I don't think he looks a lot like William, but I can see some resemblance to Harry as well, though only when he was of a similar age. Out of his parents, I would say that he looks like Catherine the most, however I can't see the Mike Middleton connection personally.

Quote:
I agree with most of the list (Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Malala Yousafai etc), but I think putting Catherine on the same list is a little over exaggerated. Yes, she has done some inspirational things such as personally writing to families in need during difficult times, but I wouldn't say that she has changed the world. Same with some of the other nominations for the list (Queen Victoria, Princess Diana etc), whilst they have done some inspiring things and have some inspirational quotations, they haven't completely changed the world, or at least IMO. When someone changes the world for me, it's when they have done something to change our views completely. Don't get me wrong, I like Catherine and she's one of my favourite British Royals, but I just think putting her on the same list as some people who are actually inspirational and have actually changed our views on certain events or things is a bit of an exaggeration. But I guess we all have different views on who is world changing and who isn't, and I'm sure some will disagree with me here, but it's just how I feel.

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince George calendar in Saturday's Daily Mail

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...27737145626624
Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Hurrah!! Prince George had a daffodil named after him: Georgie Boy Daffodil.
Now he has a calendar!
Old 11-29-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
PG looks like grandpa Middleton
When I look at Prince George I see his Aunty Pippa
Old 11-29-2014, 03:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Aw, little George is adorable. I love his chubbiness! He reminds me a lot of one of my little cousin, who is of a similar age. We have often said that the two could be related, or even twins. It's nice how they've reused a photo frame from the wedding. In regards to which family member George resembles the most, I've always thought he looks a lot like Charles did when he was younger. I don't think he looks a lot like William, but I can see some resemblance to Harry as well, though only when he was of a similar age. Out of his parents, I would say that he looks like Catherine the most, however I can't see the Mike Middleton connection personally.

I agree with most of the list (Florence Nightingale, Emmeline Pankhurst, Rosa Parks, Anne Frank, Malala Yousafai etc), but I think putting Catherine on the same list is a little over exaggerated. Yes, she has done some inspirational things such as personally writing to families in need during difficult times, but I wouldn't say that she has changed the world. Same with some of the other nominations for the list (Queen Victoria, Princess Diana etc), whilst they have done some inspiring things and have some inspirational quotations, they haven't completely changed the world, or at least IMO. When someone changes the world for me, it's when they have done something to change our views completely. Don't get me wrong, I like Catherine and she's one of my favourite British Royals, but I just think putting her on the same list as some people who are actually inspirational and have actually changed our views on certain events or things is a bit of an exaggeration. But I guess we all have different views on who is world changing and who isn't, and I'm sure some will disagree with me here, but it's just how I feel.

The Daily Mail I've noticed tend to praise Catherine an awful lot – a different end of the spectrum, but I remember there was a recent article stating that royals such as Mary and Letizia have been inspired by Catherine because they have been wearing similar lace based outfits. Come on, it's not as if Catherine invented lace. Royals, especially Letizia I've noticed, have been wearing lace long before Catherine entered the royal world.

I agree with you, it is a bit ridiculous to put her in this position, for doing what exactly........ And I would say the same about any royal family member in any country.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-29-2014, 03:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Oh pleeezzze!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Seriously?! For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.

For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Seriously?! For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.
I completely agree with you.

Quote:
For the vast majority of people in the UK, Mary and Letizia et al are pretty much unknown. The DM has had a few articles about them recently because the W&K wedding and Diamond Jubilee has prompted a bit more interest on the site in royalty generally. The British press and public know almost nothing about royals in other countries.
You're right, the most of my friends in the UK knows nothing about foreign royals, they can't even name the so-called minor royals in their own country.
Old 11-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Seriously?!
Um, OK. I was a little put off by this comment; I'm not saying that you have to agree with me as we all have different opinions, but perhaps you could've just said that you disagree with me instead. This is an international opinion forum, so there are bound to be comments that we totally disagree with, as well as comments that we do agree with. I'm not telling you how to post as we can of course all post freely, it's just how this comment made me feel.

Quote:
For every time the DM has referred to Kate as 'stunning' or praised the 'Kate effect' on clothes etc. there are many, many sly, snide, derogatory articles by the DM about Kate and her family. They are very hard on Kate a lot of the time because they know articles about her and her family will generate hits and comments like almost nothing else. The only thing that gets DM readers going more than a good attack article aimed at Kate are the time-honoured DM attack articles aimed at immigrants.
Perhaps I should've added the word "recently" to my post.

Quote:
Well, I'm from the UK too and have never lived anywhere else, my family is also from the UK so of course I know that royals such as Mary and Letizia are unknown to the average person. Most of my friends are unaware of the more 'minor' members of 'our' RF too, e.g. one of my friends used to believe that Princess Anne was HM's sister until she met her. The Daily Mail actually have had more articles about the European Royals recently, they've become massive fans of Letizia and Maxima as they're the royals that feature in that paper the most.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Daily Mail actually have had more articles about the European Royals recently, they've become massive fans of Letizia and Maxima as they're the royals that feature in that paper the most.
Might it be because they have both recently become Queens and are relatively young?
Old 11-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Let's stay on actual topic...news and information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Always said he looked like Mike Middleton. Never understood the 'looks like Father/Charles/Queen/Diana' stuff ever.
Some royal watchers are determined to see a bit of Windsor/Spencer in him. It's like in-laws who insist a child looks like their side, etc.

I agree that he has always been a clone of Mike Middleton, even his body type is the same. Thanks heavens, it's nice to see some new blood injected in that clan.

I think he does have the charisma of his Uncle Harry and his grandmother Diana. He will be a charismatic figure and not simply famous for his position.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate and Wills to get 'house warming' visit from the Queen when they host her at their Norfolk estate over Christmas | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-30-2014, 06:07 AM
Courtier

Wow - I would never have thought, that QEII would set foot in THAT house, where Middletons are staying

*irony of*

They could also write an articel about the Queen getting up in the morning and having breakfast, after or bevor brushing her teeth ... -

Just an intelligent guess ... nothing more.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

County youngsters sing for the Duchess of Cambridge | Prestonpans, Cockenzie & Port Seton | News | East Lothian Courier
Quote:
YOUNGSTERS from Prestonpans Infant School sang for the Duchess of Cambridge at the launch of the Place2Be Awards at Kensington Palace last week.

The school’s P3 choir appeared in a video which was shown at the start of the awards ceremony, singing and dancing with their rendition of Stronger.

The awards by the children’s mental health charity recognise the work of schools who help support children and use Place2Be to draw up programmes to help those most in need.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Best of 2014: Prince George Photos : People.com
Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't know where to post this sad news so feel free to remove it:

Diamond Marshall, girl who got hug from 'princess' Kate, loses battle with cancer - Calgary - CBC News
Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I didn't know where to post this sad news so feel free to remove it:

Diamond Marshall, girl who got hug from 'princess' Kate, loses battle with cancer - Calgary - CBC News
I remember that. It most likely meant the world to the little "princess" and her family and I'll bet my last M&M that Kate remembers it well too.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Closed Thread