The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William to visit China in early 2015 | Business Standard News

Old 11-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h 2 hours ago
It's not clear if the Duchess of Cambridge will travel to China. She'll be heavily pregnant.

A visit by William to China highlights the fact that his father Prince Charles has not undertaken such a tour.

After the Hong Kong handover Prince Charles wrote in his diary that some Chinese officials were "appalling old waxworks".

When Prince Philip went to China in 1986 he told some British students, "if you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty eyed".

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-24-2014, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince William To Make Visit To China
Quote:
Prince William will visit China early next year but the Duchess of Cambridge is likely to stay in the UK as she will be heavily pregnant.

The Duchess is due to give birth to the couple's second child in the spring.
Kensington Palace previously said her presence at future engagements would be decided on a "case-by-case" basis.

Prince William was forced to stand in for his wife in September on a two-day trip to Malta - a visit that would have been Kate's first solo overseas tour.

The royal couple's last big tour was in April 2014 when they showed off Prince George to an enthusiastic Australian public.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm guessing Catherine appearance depends on how early the tour will take place, her doctors thoughts and how she's feeling. It seems like the palace haven't officially ruled it out.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

From Twitter

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official
The Duchess of Cambridge has made a list of the top 40 women who have changed the world

Marie Curie, Florence Nightingale and Margaret Thatcher top list of women who have changed the world* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Maxima may have had super trouble free pregnancies, not hg
Maxima had some issues with hypertension in the last trimester with C-A so she took an earlier leave from her duties. Otherwise her two other pregnancies were uncomplicated as I recall.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I thought the trip would at least be postponed until they are both able to go to China but I guess there is another trip being planned for them down the line.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't there talk of a trip to Canada for the Cambridges? If I remember right, there was a blurb in a Canadian newspaper around the time of the C&C trip.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Of course a woman could throw caution to the wind. It's possible.

I think equating Madeline's visit to a royal tour is a stretch. But I'll give you Maxima. She visited Japan during her second pregnancy, correct? I don't really follow the Dutch so my memory on them is hazy.

With the Cambridges going on tour in December, I would be very surprised if they did a second foreign royal tour a month later. Especially, since William is starting a new job and he isn't the heir apparent like W-A was. But they have surprised me before!
I mentioned it above, Max visits Kenya, Uganda, and Japan while pregnant with Alexia, and she visited Australia, New Zealand, and Turkey while pregnant with Ariane.

And I wasn't comparing Madeleine's trips between the US & Sweden with a royal trip, but just the flying back and forth in her last trimester. Nothing Madeleine has done, ever, could be compared with the day-to-day of a royal trip.

Max had a difficult pregnancy with Amalia, which is why she wasn't seen often. However, it seems she had a far better time with both Alexia and Ariane since not only was she busy in the Netherlands, but she traveled outside on several occasions.

I don't think any royal family rules anything out until the end, re: trips to be made, particularly when pregnancies are involved. I am sure, if Kate is up to it, she may go, but that's for Kate and her doctor to decide.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Majesty

i think kate flying such a long distance so late in her pregnancy would be a bit risky, but who knows. maybe taking the appropriate dispositions (first class flight, which i'm sure they do regardless, and medical assistance on board) it's plausible...

wow, maxima never ceases to amaze me. all those places where she travelled with pregnant aren't really next door. well done to her.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-25-2014, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George's Best Moments 2014 | Photos | POPSUGAR Celebrity

Best Prince William and Kate Middleton Pictures 2014 | POPSUGAR Celebrity
Old 11-25-2014, 08:47 AM
Majesty

I suspect the decision as to whether the Duchess travels to China or not will be based on when the trip takes place, and how she is feeling in the run up to it. If it is any later than mid-February, I do not think she will travel. If it is before that, she may go.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Adorable family portrait

History of the Commonwealth Monarchy - From the New Zealand tour
Old 11-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
cute George
Old 11-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beautiful family portrait.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if they took the picture pre or post tour. It looks maybe post tour based on the amount of George hair. I love the W&C monogram frame that the Cambridge family photo is in. It appears to be the same frame that the wedding and Charles & George christening photos shown in the google hangout.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

We could be seeing Catherine in a tiara next week. On Tuesday, The Queen will be hosting an Evening Reception for Members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. Last year, she and William attended, along with Charles & Camilla.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-25-2014, 06:11 PM
Majesty

I love that family snapshot.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I wonder if they took the picture pre or post tour. It looks maybe post tour based on the amount of George hair. I love the W&C monogram frame that the Cambridge family photo is in. It appears to be the same frame that the wedding and Charles & George christening photos shown in the google hangout.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3UatOSCEAA7Gg8.jpg

"@davidsunlee This photo was taken b4 the AUS/NZ tour on same day as the window portrait.It's the official tour gift

via Twitter

EDIT: Also been confirmed by DM Journalist. Done the same time as the pic with Lupo

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We could be seeing Catherine in a tiara next week. On Tuesday, The Queen will be hosting an Evening Reception for Members of the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. Last year, she and William attended, along with Charles & Camilla.

Oh I hope so! I also hope they get a decent picture if she does

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Closed Thread