The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
I wouldn't compare travelling to China to travelling to Turkey in one breath - and certainly not for anyone in the last weeks of preagnancy.
perhaps if one was a regular joe schmoe like us, but for royalty, there isn't much of a difference.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

All the smog in China can't be good for an unborn child. Kate would need a gas mask

Old 11-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
most trips aren't finalized/announced until maybe a month ahead of time. Particularly to a place like China. Things will be kept closely guarded until very close to the trip, I imagine.

It still leaves it open for Kate to cancel or for them to outright cancel or postpone it.
I agree with this. Usually though the announcement made is worded that X&Y to visit Z in Month Year. As an example, this was posted today:

"The President of the United Mexican States, Señor Enrique Peña Nieto, accompanied by Señora Angélica Rivera de Peña, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from the 3rd to 5th of March 2015."

It is the itinerary that isn't released until close to the dates of the visit as they're usually fine tuned to the minute and for security purposes.

My point was that there was no statement anywhere that the Cambridges had accepted the Chinese invitation.

Meanwhile back on the subject of the Cambridges' visit to NYC/DC which is coming up real soon.....
Old 11-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree with this. Usually though the announcement made is worded that X&Y to visit Z in Month Year. As an example, this was posted today:

"The President of the United Mexican States, Señor Enrique Peña Nieto, accompanied by Señora Angélica Rivera de Peña, has accepted an invitation from The Queen to pay a State Visit to the United Kingdom from the 3rd to 5th of March 2015."

It is the itinerary that isn't released until close to the dates of the visit as they're usually fine tuned to the minute and for security purposes.

My point was that there was no statement anywhere that the Cambridges had accepted the Chinese invitation.

Meanwhile back on the subject of the Cambridges' visit to NYC/DC which is coming up real soon.....
It entirely depends on several situations and the nations. Some visits we hear about in advance, like the trip for Will & Kate to NZ & Australia or the Jubilee visit in 2012. Some we don't hear about until a couple months ahead of time, like the visit to LA or Malta. Some are announced a month before, like some of Mathilde's trips to Africa, and others are announced a week before or not until the day of. It depends on a lot of factors.

I never said they accepted. I said it's open for cancellation or postponement if/when they go.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The spring trip to Aus/NZ apparently took a year to plan. The trip to the US would be easier to do on shorter notice. A trip to China would probably be in between the two plus the China would be very heavy with protocol that the US and spring trip didn't have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Majesty

They just had a tour... She is expecting and by then she will be heavily pregnant and China is a long journey... Can't see this coming in early 2015
Old 11-23-2014, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I might be having a senior moment but I'm sure that this report (or one very similar) was published about 3-4 months ago. And the date is the same AFAIR but it was prior to the announcement of the pregnancy So is this another request or a repeat? Or have I just misremembered the entire thing?

Also, I think they will want Catherine there so Autumn 2015 or Spring 2016 is more likely IMO
The way I'm reading the article is that early this year the Chinese made a request for a royal visit, then Premier Li Keqiang made an official visit in June, and now the Chinese are specifically inviting the Cambridges to visit; and the hope is that they'll come early in the year - before the birth - and not later on. The Royal "sources" have confirmed that dates between January and March are being discussed, but that nothing is official.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
They just had a tour... She is expecting and by then she will be heavily pregnant and China is a long journey... Can't see this coming in early 2015
they just had a tour...in April. It will have been almost a year (if they go in early 2015).

We obviously don't know how far talks are, but if they do it while she is pregnant, I would expect January or February. I don't expect Kate would go after her 7th month. But then again, we aren't entirely sure of the due date, are we? My guess is April and that's what I'm working off of.

Plenty of royal ladies have done international visits while pregnant, whether in the early months or later ones. But we know Kate's had a tough time of it so far, she may not feel up to such a trip.

And yes, China is such a long journey in first class
Old 11-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness

It doesn't matter if she sits in first class or in the luggage compartment. Any Obstetrician would advise her against such a long flight in her last trimester.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

First class or not, 11 hours is a long flight. Especially when in the last trimester of pregnancy.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
It doesn't matter if she sits in first class or in the luggage compartment. Any Obstetrician would advise her against such a long flight in her last trimester.
Somebody probably should have told Maxima and Madeleine then. My point is that it is possible, not that she will. I don't know when/if they're going to go, but there is a precedence for royal women traveling in their final trimester. It's between Kate and her doctor.

End of it.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Serene Highness

Of course a woman could throw caution to the wind. It's possible.

I think equating Madeline's visit to a royal tour is a stretch. But I'll give you Maxima. She visited Japan during her second pregnancy, correct? I don't really follow the Dutch so my memory on them is hazy.

With the Cambridges going on tour in December, I would be very surprised if they did a second foreign royal tour a month later. Especially, since William is starting a new job and he isn't the heir apparent like W-A was. But they have surprised me before!
Old 11-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima was also in Australia during her second pregnancy.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Maxima was also in Australia during her second pregnancy.
Thanks! I knew there was some Maxima experts around here. Princess Alexia sure stamped her passport en utero.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt that a woman with HG is going to China.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

HG babies are also at a higher risk to be born prematurely. Even if she could find an airline that's willing to take her - most won't because of insurance liabilities, I can't see her taking that gamble.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

BBC's Peter Hunt on twitter saying William will visit China early next year unclear if Kate will go.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Maxima may have had super trouble free pregnancies, not hg
Old 11-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Majesty

BBC News - Prince William to visit China in 2015

Prince William to visit China in 2015
Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

This visit should be interesting from multiple perspectives.

Closed Thread