The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
British Royals @britishroyals · 1h 1 hour ago
Prince Charles holding Prince George! From George's christening - displayed at Clarence House - #iwill Google hangout
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...60875918794752

I think they should have released this picture. We don't have a picture of just Charles with his first grandchild.
Just because they didn't release one doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are probably tons of photo of George and his family that we aren't going see but were taken. His life is going public enough that we don't have to see everything. Charles probably has numerous photo of him and George, just like the Middletons and the Queen and Philip.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I can see why they didn't release it. Frankly, George looks a little odd in it. Maybe he was fussing.

Nice to see Charles beaming though. I never believed those rumors that he disliked small children.

Looks like a baby to me. Nothing odd.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Just because they didn't release one doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are probably tons of photo of George and his family that we aren't going see but were taken. His life is going public enough that we don't have to see everything. Charles probably has numerous photo of him and George, just like the Middletons and the Queen and Philip.

The picture was from the official photos of Prince George's Christening. I really didn't see no harm in them releasing the picture. I totally understand the need to keep private pictures to themselves but I think it would've been nice from this picture to be released along with the family group pictures. It would be nice to see Charles and George together.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

But we did get a lot more video of the christening than people expected. I would pick George and his godparents as my no 1 photo we didn't see.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Majesty

I love the picture of George with his Grandpa. It's a sweet, and private moment that Prince Charles more than likely treasures.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 AM
Courtier

Here are some of the photos I took of where the Duke and Duchess went to university - from the front, and from the back.

The back faces towards the sea - there are other buildings on the other side - and the beach running scene from "Chariots of Fire" was filmed just a little further along, near the golf course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8695.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	292633   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8699.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	292634   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8727.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	292635   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8728.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	292636  

Old 11-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Gentry

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (and Prince Harry) hire American PR guru as new Communications Secretary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...son-Knauf.html
Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry if this was already posted but the Mail Online has this up - it caught my eye because it also said she would be eight months along when she went. It's the first time I've seen them say anything about when the baby is due.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to visit China next year when Kate will be eight months pregnant

Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to visit China next year when Kate will be eight months pregnant* | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA; December 7-9, 2014

The Telegraph had a similar article which said royal sources didn't confirm anything but were looking at dates in the first 3 months of 2015.

Why go then? Why not do it in the fall after the baby has come? There is going to be a point where she can't fly. London to China is a pretty long flight and if you are 6 months pregnant it is not going to be pleasant even in first class.

As we seen from Malta, William alone isn't going to draw attention.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015 - Telegraph

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-23-2014, 10:11 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015-
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge asked to carry out historic tour of China in early 2015 - Telegraph
I really don't see the Cambridges taking on a tour such as this until well after their second child is born in April. Up until April, I think it would be too taxing on a pregnant Duchess and for a while after the birth, she'll once again be on maternity leave as the family adjusts to the new arrival.

I'm surprised that the Chinese would even consider making this request as the pregnancy is very well known. Frankly, and this is just my opinion only, it seems that in this matter the Chinese have their own agenda at heart and what the Cambridges can do for them rather than putting into consideration what is going on in the Cambridges' lives.

I fully expect to see a respectful decline of this invitation with a "maybe at a future date" tossed in.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I might be having a senior moment but I'm sure that this report (or one very similar) was published about 3-4 months ago. And the date is the same AFAIR but it was prior to the announcement of the pregnancy So is this another request or a repeat? Or have I just misremembered the entire thing?

Also, I think they will want Catherine there so Autumn 2015 or Spring 2016 is more likely IMO

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah, Autumn or Spring sounds more likely. I just don't see them going while Kate is in the last trimester, or during the first few months after the baby is born.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, I'm not sure they will go until the late autumn 2015 or spring 2016. Catherine will most likely do a handful of engagements and then maternity leave for the baby's birth.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The Telegraph had a similar article which said royal sources didn't confirm anything but were looking at dates in the first 3 months of 2015.

Why go then? Why not do it in the fall after the baby has come? There is going to be a point where she can't fly. London to China is a pretty long flight and if you are 6 months pregnant it is not going to be pleasant even in first class.

As we seen from Malta, William alone isn't going to draw attention.

Everything, of course, depends on how Kate feels. But Max was 6 months pregnant with Alexia when she went to Kenya & Ugana, 7 months with Alexia when she went to Japan, and about 8 months pregnant with Ariane when they went to Turkey.

There is a precedent for royal women to travel while pregnant, but it depends on the woman. I imagine they are leaving it open for Kate to be able to attend, but they could either cancel the trip (for Kate) or postpone it, depending on how Kate feels.

The Chinese may not want to cancel it and may want to do it while Kate is pregnant because of the publicity. A non-pregnant Kate is a pull, but a pregnant Kate is surely a bigger publicity event.

Perhaps they'll go in January or February, however.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Everything, of course, depends on how Kate feels. But Max was 6 months pregnant with Alexia when she went to Kenya & Ugana, 7 months with Alexia when she went to Japan, and about 8 months pregnant with Ariane when they went to Turkey.
I wasn't 'following' the European Royals when Maxima was pregnant with Ariane, but I remember reading a report that Dutch soil was brought to Turkey just incase Maxima gave birth whilst she was there, though I might be thinking of a different trip here.

I doubt Catherine will go to China when she is eight months along, as isn't that the period of time when pregnant women have to stop travelling?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Wealthy Americans pay £64,000 to dine with Prince William and Kate at New York museum fundraiser | Daily Mail Online

I wasn't 'following' the European Royals when Maxima was pregnant with Ariane, but I remember reading a report that Dutch soil was brought to Turkey just incase Maxima gave birth whilst she was there, though I might be thinking of a different trip here.

I doubt Catherine will go to China when she is eight months along, as isn't that the period of time when pregnant women have to stop travelling?
I remember the rumor, but the Dutch (and Turkey as well) follow jus sanguinis and thus the soil isn't necessary. When Margriet was born, the maternity ward was briefly declared to be extraterritorial since the Canadians follow jus soli.

As for Catherine, it depends. First of all, she can expect expert care (unlike many women) and I'm sure if they chose to go in March, they would have a doctor on staff just in case. I don't envision them going in March, however. But like I said, Max went to Turkey just a month and a couple of days before Ariane was born. It's possible to make the trip, it just depends on the woman.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
There is a precedent for royal women to travel while pregnant, but it depends on the woman. I imagine they are leaving it open for Kate to be able to attend, but they could either cancel the trip (for Kate) or postpone it, depending on how Kate feels.
From how the article was worded, it sounded to me like the Chinese have extended the invitation for the Cambridges to visit but there has been no acceptance or any plans made for such a trip. No need to cancel or postpone anything, just issue a polite "not at this time" if it isn't in Kate's best interest.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From how the article was worded, it sounded to me like the Chinese have extended the invitation for the Cambridges to visit but there has been no acceptance or any plans made for such a trip. No need to cancel or postpone anything, just issue a polite "not at this time" if it isn't in Kate's best interest.
most trips aren't finalized/announced until maybe a month ahead of time. Particularly to a place like China. Things will be kept closely guarded until very close to the trip, I imagine.

It still leaves it open for Kate to cancel or for them to outright cancel or postpone it.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Courtier

I wouldn't compare travelling to China to travelling to Turkey in one breath - and certainly not for anyone in the last weeks of preagnancy.

Closed Thread