The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^ Good points Skippyboo. I noticed some on Twitter tried to turn this into a case of W&K 'banning' photographers.

Bucklebury Farm Park rubbishes claims photo ban is only to protect royal guests | NewburyToday.co.uk
Quote:
National media reports have this week suggested that the policy had been brought in to protect the privacy of royal visitors, with Prince George, aged one, known to visit the site with his mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, and grandmother Carole Middleton, who lives nearby.

However, education and events coordinator at the park, Danny Kidby-Hunter, said the policy was to protect the privacy of all children and not any particular party.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess Kate Blog @HRHDuchesskate · 11h 11 hours ago
William revealed Kate was feeling "a little under the weather" on Saturday, when they attended a rugby match.
Is Prince George Coming to New York City? - The British Royals, The Royals, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince William : People.com

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor thing, I thought two engagements in one day and all those helicopter rides could make anyone nauseous. Hopefully it will clear up more and more. I'm starting to feel queasy just thinking about it!
Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The farm asked that people not photograph other peoples children without permission. You can still photograph your own kids. It is a ticketed venue. Most ticketed venues have conditions that you agree to when you buy a ticket. Some places don't allow photography at all. Some you can't use a flash.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Thank you Skippyboo for sharing this information.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Bucklebury Farm Park rubbishes claims photo policy is only to protect royal guests | NewburyToday.co.uk

Bucklebury Farm fights back. Rubbishes claims by national newspapers that pic ban was to protect royals.

Bet national papers wont change their story though.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess to use Christmas bells to keep track of George over festive season | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
After receiving a little bag of festive bells from a group of schoolchildren, Prince William joked: "We'll put these in his pockets and then we'll know where he [Prince George] is in the house!"

William, 32 was dressed smartly in a black tie and suit for the 10th anniversary gala dinner at the Imperial War Museum for chairty SkillForce, of which the duke is a Royal patron.

The youngsters from three primary schools in Watford, gathered to proudly show off their project - a man adorned with poppies.

Thomas Brooker, 10, told the duke: "Each of the poppies represent a soldier who died."
Old 11-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

William has a great sense of humor.

On Twitter, one of the royal reporters said that we should expect an announcement on the New York trip tomorrow. They're supposedly only going for 2 days, so I don't see them taking George along for such a short trip.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
William has a great sense of humor.

On Twitter, one of the royal reporters said that we should expect an announcement on the New York trip tomorrow. They're supposedly only going for 2 days, so I don't see them taking George along for such a short trip.
Don't ask me why but when thinking of the Cambridge's supposed trip to NYC and taking George with them, the only thing I can think is that it would be neat if they planned the trip to coincide with taking George to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. There isn't a child in the world that wouldn't be filled with awe and wonder at the sights.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanksgiving isn't a holiday in the UK. So it maybe difficult to explain the guy riding a giant turkey while lip synching to a toddler :)

Old 11-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Don't ask me why but when thinking of the Cambridge's supposed trip to NYC and taking George with them, the only thing I can think is that it would be neat if they planned the trip to coincide with taking George to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. There isn't a child in the world that wouldn't be filled with awe and wonder at the sights.

I was thinking that since their trip is next month, it would be neat to have them take part in the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center. If they were to bring George, this type of engagement would be more relatable. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's a bit much, and makes travel difficult.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I have a question regarding the couple's site: Is is official and accurate? Can we rely on the article written there? Because i've noticed that after the press realeases of the engagements some articicles about them are written... Fore example this: The Duchess of Cambridge attends a SportsAid athlete workshop

It also says "16 weeks pregnat" and I doubt the palace would reveal such a private info. I know that she might be around that though...
Old 11-14-2014, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

That blurb seemed more like a newspaper article than a something the palace would write.

A lot of times, the press are on royal rotation. Instead of having a bunch of reporters and photographers at the same event, you have just a small group of them and the info and pictures are shared with the others who weren't there. Maybe that's what was posted on the website.

You see the rotation a lot on the tours and I would think at locations that can't handle a large press pack either do to size or someplace like a hospital where you don't want 20 people trailing a royal thru it.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah I see... thank you. So, do you think the palace has to approve these article before they are written down?
Old 11-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

that is their official website.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That blurb seemed more like a newspaper article than a something the palace would write.

A lot of times, the press are on royal rotation. Instead of having a bunch of reporters and photographers at the same event, you have just a small group of them and the info and pictures are shared with the others who weren't there. Maybe that's what was posted on the website.

You see the rotation a lot on the tours and I would think at locations that can't handle a large press pack either do to size or someplace like a hospital where you don't want 20 people trailing a royal thru it.

True, but the fact that it is on the official website, run by Clarence House which means that it certainly can be taken as a confirmation that she's currently 16 weeks along.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

So a possible birth is due at the very end of April
Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George Named 2014's Most Stylish Baby - Most Stylish Babies in The World - Harper's BAZAAR Magazine
Old 11-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h 1 hour ago
Prince Charles holding Prince George! From George's christening - displayed at Clarence House - #iwill Google hangout
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...60875918794752

I think they should have released this picture. We don't have a picture of just Charles with his first grandchild.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 PM
Courtier

I can see why they didn't release it. Frankly, George looks a little odd in it. Maybe he was fussing.

Nice to see Charles beaming though. I never believed those rumors that he disliked small children.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Commoner

In a guided tour through Clarence House (in summer 2014) it was said that Charles absolutly loves this picture and that this pic is a private one (standing in the room where the christening pics were taken).

Closed Thread