The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Me Too, I like when Charles and Phillip wear theirs.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Courtier

A man in a kilt can look very fetching. It shows he has gumption.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I had to chuckle as I checked out at the grocery store. The latest Globe (a trash US gossip rag) headline -William to Give Up Throne to Save Pregnant Kate. The next one I saw was Lifestyle magazine where apparently Sick and Pregnant Kate Tortured by Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Since we never see William in a kilt, I somehow doubt we're likely to see George in one anytime soon.
There's likely a hand-me-down lurking in a royal closet just waiting for a toddler.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Before you die, if you have any inclination at all have a kilt made for you. It is a lovely garment with grave weight and movement. It makes you feel young and adult at the same time. You can lose days looking at the plaid they show and the plaid they hide. You can lose more days thinking about ancient plaid and how it was worn, how it was taken away and how it has become fashion.
And we are way, way off topic! But love kilts.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Heir Apparent

George got a kilt when W&K spent that day in Scotland in the spring. Maybe since Pippa is a fan of Scotland, she will have a highland theme wedding with page boy Cheeks sporting a tiny tartan kilt.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:39 PM
Majesty

I think George would look cute in a kilt. I remember seeing pictures of William wearing a kilt when he was a child, and he didn't look bad at all.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

For our Brits out there, is trick or treating a thing in the UK? It's a big deal in the US. In my head, I'm seeing George in a dragon costume with a Knight in Armor on Lupo's back trick or treat at KP. Knocking on Uncle Harry's door, stopping by Rebecca's and Miguel's offices, etc.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Where I came from, Detroit, not only was Halloween a big night but also Devil's Night the night before. Parents would even take their children out in groups up and down the block soaping windows and people played harmless pranks on each other. Over the years, it did really get out of hand and Detroit would look like a war zone on that night of the year.

I like your idea of a costume Skippyboo! Of course Uncle Harry would insist on getting in on the act there somewhere.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Uncle Harry can be the damsel in distress princess with the tall pointy hat with the ribbon on it. :) or Elsa from Frozen since every little girl in the world is going as that

Old 10-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Where I came from, Detroit, not only was Halloween a big night but also Devil's Night the night before. Parents would even take their children out in groups up and down the block soaping windows and people played harmless pranks on each other. Over the years, it did really get out of hand and Detroit would look like a war zone on that night of the year.

I like your idea of a costume Skippyboo! Of course Uncle Harry would insist on getting in on the act there somewhere.
I had a friend from Illinois that shared Devil's Night stories with us.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

For their Halloween show, one of the hosts of Good Morning America dressed as Prince George.

Instagram
Old 11-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

disgusting IMO.... he is a child, leave him alone...
Old 11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I watched the video of the GMA Halloween costume reveal. It was Dancing with the Stars theme so you had a dancer and celebrity. Lara Spencer's Prince George was very cute and no way mean spirited. The Today Show in 2011 did the whole royal wedding for Halloween with bad hat wearing York sisters, Pippa and the Queen with corgis.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
For our Brits out there, is trick or treating a thing in the UK? It's a big deal in the US. In my head, I'm seeing George in a dragon costume with a Knight in Armor on Lupo's back trick or treat at KP. Knocking on Uncle Harry's door, stopping by Rebecca's and Miguel's offices, etc.

In my area (Greater London), trick-or-treating and the whole concept of Halloween is quite a big thing. I went to my relatives house to assist my little cousins with trick-or-treating, and we bumped into a number of other trick-or-treaters along the way. I've heard that it's more of a thing in urban areas though, as in rural areas it takes quite a while to get to all the houses as there are obstacles such as fields and rivers in the way.

Quote:
Prince William spent a fortnight living and working incognito in one of Britain's most splendid stately homes, a new memoir has revealed.
Nearly a decade after his Downton Abbey-style exploits, the Prince's days dressed in overalls and eating fish and chips with fellow housemen and joiners at Chatsworth House, in Derbyshire, have been revealed.
In Chatsworth: The Housekeeper's Tale, Christine Robinson revealed stories from her 40 years working at the country estate.
What would Lord Grantham say? Prince William's days as 'below stairs' help at real-life Downton revealed in new memoir | Daily Mail Online

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William did work experience at Chatsworth House - hellomagazine.com
Quote:
A new memoir has revealed how Prince William completed a stint of work at Chatsworth House, almost ten years ago.

The second-in-line to the throne was 23 at the time, when he was tasked with working around the Derbyshire estate – making sausage rolls and mince pies, and doing manual labour with the rest of the joiners.

The stately home, which features in Keira Knightley's 2005 film Pride and Prejudice, is the seat of the Duke of Devonshire and has been home to the Cavendish family since 1549.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate was seen shopping for her kitchens today:

1. Anouska A ‏@TheGiltList 2 h2 ore fa
    #KateMiddleton #PeterJones Wow! Just been shopping in the kitchen Dept with Kate! Very low key and normal! Nice black sheepskin coat!
    0 risposte 8 Retweet 3 preferiti

2. livelovelaughvr ‏@livelovelaughvr 2 h2 ore fa
    @TheGiltList awesome! What else was she wearing, please? :)
    0 risposte 0 Retweet 1 preferito

Anouska A ‏@TheGiltList

@livelovelaughvr she wore a red patterned knee length dress, black knee high boots and a knee length fitted shearling/suede coat. Hair up.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince George's favourite petting zoo bans photographs to ensure royal tot's privacy | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Good for them. I do think tourists and paps might still try to sneak some shots in though.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The farm asked that people not photograph other peoples children without permission. You can still photograph your own kids. It is a ticketed venue. Most ticketed venues have conditions that you agree to when you buy a ticket. Some places don't allow photography at all. Some you can't use a flash.

Closed Thread