The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

Totally agree with KittyAtlanta. When People and other news outlets pleased not to publish unauthorized pics of celebrity's kids, I gained a lot more respect for them and will buy them in much greater number. I hope that outlets will agree to a similar rule with the Prince when he is not on duty with his parents.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
and let's be honest we (almost everyone) all eagerly wait for more pics of George... At least me :-D
Very true, everyone can't wait for new pictures of George. I just don't want the kid followed around and at risk in order to get those pictures. I would like to see the Cambridge's out and about as a family though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Very true, everyone can't wait for new pictures of George. I just don't want the kid followed around and at risk in order to get those pictures. I would like to see the Cambridge's out and about as a family though.

Yes I obviously agrre that George should not be put in danger or frightened by the stalking... Hope the warning will work and that the paparazzi will make a step back
Old 10-07-2014, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We've seen as much or more of George than William at the same age. I look forward to new photos as well but all in due time. I think they will surprise us with an impromptu photo shoot like at the polo on Father's Day
I don't think this can be compared. The media attitude and climate was very different 30+ years ago.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
exactly... but how do they actually know all the moves of P.George? someone must inform him
i'd assume that george, like any other baby, has a very set routine on when he sleeps, eats, and goes out. since kensington park is next door, if they wait around the area they frequent in the park for a week, it's very probable they will bump into him and his nanny. otherwise, with things like twitter today paps can know where their subjects are fairly painlessly.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Diana certainly had a go at reporters when they were intrusive (with the boys) and I am sure both William and Harry remember that.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a royal (or famous person) to expect they can walk about in a park without someone snapping pics. If they are on the job that's different.

LaRae
If you were in a public park and you saw a royal person who was not on an official outing, and you had means, would you snap a photo? Of course you would, so would I. If you say you wouldn't, I doubt you.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
If you were in a public park and you saw a royal person who was not on an official outing, and you had means, would you snap a photo? Of course you would, so would I. If you say you wouldn't, I doubt you.
You can doubt me all you want...but no I wouldn't. I have no interest in having pics of famous people in my house. We don't have royalty here...my interest in royals is more about the history of the families not just because they are famous. It's neat to follow their lives to a point...but from a distance.

There are some famous (hollywood type) people from near where I live...when they come home to see family etc...people here don't bother them. They go about town and eat etc...very few people are brazen enough to interrupt them.

LaRae
Old 10-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

But are you selling that photo to the world or are you keeping it and showing your friends back home your royal photo?

I was at KP in July 2012. I took a photo a black cocker spaniel tied to a bench in the gardens right outside the palace. I took its picture and told my friends it was Lupo. I don't think it was because WK were at the Thistle Service in Scotland that day. I didn't sell it to the tabloids for some abandon dog story.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am also one that would not take a picture. I would certainly smile to myself that I've seen them but would respect their privacy to be out and about without being hounded to death or a camera or cell phone aimed at them. I just feel that this is rude. With anyone famous, anyone that would interrupt a meal or an outing because they know who the person is, does not stop to consider that they themselves probably wouldn't care for it much if they were constantly bombarded by strangers.

There is really nothing special in "seeing" or "spotting" someone familiar to you in my book.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Also, well known people really don't like fans to go crazy and snap tons of pictures of them. Seriously, if I saw the Cambridge family in the park or any other off duty and private outing, I would offer a warm smile and perhaps wave but I wouldn't go over and disturb them or hold a camera up and start snapping.

I went nuts over a famous TV actor I accidentally came across years ago. He ran and I felt really bad afterwards. The idea is to remain cool, calm and collective.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I genuinely would not take their photo. I have a cousin who is a member of a band that isn't huge, but is big enough that he gets recognised around Canada and parts of the US. I can't remember the last time we went out to a family dinner with him without it being interrupted by a small stream of people wanting to take photos with him or get his autograph. When we know he will be attending, we have to request a private room at whatever restaurant we're meeting at. People need to be able to just relax and be left alone sometimes without being confined to a private place - especially those in a public role. There's on duty and there's off duty... and people need to respect that.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I have to be honest and say that I would definitely try to snap a photo. No ifs, ands or buts. It is just human nature. I wouldn't approach the person/people, but I sure would try to get a pic.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Nobility

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

I might take a photo of someone but not with someone and I probably would not want that person to know about it. If you want to brag at home about whatever kind of famous person you saw it would be nice to have some proof.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, I have to be honest and say that I would definitely try to snap a photo. No ifs, ands or buts. It is just human nature. I wouldn't approach the person/people, but I sure would try to get a pic.
I'm with you, Kitty. Taking a photo does not necessarily involve approaching the person and interrupting them and sticking the camera in their face, which some people seem to be assuming it does.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
That's fair enough. I imagine many people would try to take a photo without them knowing but wouldn't actually approach them. I think if it wasn't for my cousin, I'd probably be the same way.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

It will be great for Catherine to get well enough for her and William to return to official duties again. Miss seeing them out and about on official engagements.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
You can doubt me all you want...but no I wouldn't. I have no interest in having pics of famous people in my house. We don't have royalty here...my interest in royals is more about the history of the families not just because they are famous. It's neat to follow their lives to a point...but from a distance.

There are some famous (hollywood type) people from near where I live...when they come home to see family etc...people here don't bother them. They go about town and eat etc...very few people are brazen enough to interrupt them.

LaRae
I live in SoCal so it's not uncommon to see famous figures. If they're on their private time, I wouldn't approach them.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Duke and Duchess become MCC Members
Quote:
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been elected as Honorary Life Members of MCC, of which Her Majesty The Queen is Patron.

The announcement was made to MCC Members by David Morgan, President of the Club, at the Members’ Bicentenary Banquet on Wednesday 8 October.

The Royal couple join HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and HRH The Prince of Wales as Honorary Life Members of the Club. The Duke of Edinburgh served two terms as President, in 1949 and 1974.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 1h 1 hour ago
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been elected Honorary Life Members of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), of which The Queen is Patron.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

A forlorn hope on the part of the MCC.. To my knowledge neither of them has ever shown even the remotest interest in our National game !

Closed Thread