The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
What's interesting is that while the Cambridges have voiced complaints about photographs of them in their private lives, they can't stop Instagram and Twitter. We no longer have a traditional press that can be controlled in some way.
Most of the pics seems taken by bystanders or common people... and ot by paparazzi... ( I'm talking about pics of Kate shopping)... I don't know how the laws is about public streets

Old 08-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's great that Catherine is able to have a private life despite her being a senior royal. I remember that was a worry by many before she and William decided to get married. A great deal of people thought she wouldn't be able to have a private life outside of the palace gates and go about her day normally. That has been proven not the case. Catherine can not only be a high profile senior royal, but also, she can run her errands privately and without much trouble.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree here... She seems to be strong enough to handle all this.... After all you don't wait 8 years to get married if you are not used to this kind of life...
Old 08-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I agree here... She seems to be strong enough to handle all this.... After all you don't wait 8 years to get married if you are not used to this kind of life...
She's been through a lot since her courtship with William. She was harassed, her family was harassed and publicly trashed and her privacy was violated several times. Despite it all, she has remained dignified, poised, her head held high and accompanied with a smile. Is she perfect? No, but she always put her best foot forward and I admire her for it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
yeah but this "sightings" are not new thing

Out of curiosity when will the maternity leave finish?

I thought in uk lasted one year
Kate is not subject to maternity leave because she doesnt work in the sense of being employed. If at all, she turns up for a few hours most of the time, she has various staff to look after George.

When I lived in the UK women could stay at home for 6 months paid, another 6 months unpaid, depending on what you can afford.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:11 AM
Majesty

Well both CP Victoria and Prince Daniel split the maternity leave between them. It was discussed before the birth of their daughter and their government said they, like every other couple, were entitled to it. So, I guess it's possible the Cambridges have done exactly the same and good on them.

I am not a dyed in the wool Cambridge fan but it is a very good thing that they be seen to have the same rights as every other couple. We all accept that they are or can be role models so why not a model in this?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think in this case we are talking about 3 months. George is over a year now, and still the maternity leave comes up because ... Kate has hardly been SEEN working.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
not windsor @windsorsworld 11h

The Black Faced Sheep Coffee Shop & Restaurant Aboyne Kate has no problems finding local shops - its good causes she cannot find
I'm confused. What's the point of this tweet? Has she recently been seen at this store/restaurant? There's no context, it's just a link and then a dig about Kate not working.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I'm confused. What's the point of this tweet? Has she recently been seen at this store/restaurant? There's no context, it's just a link and then a dig about Kate not working.
NotWindsor is a very sarodnic twitter account... However this tweet seems to have come ater Kate was spotted several times shopping... (Accordin to private people)
Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Well both CP Victoria and Prince Daniel split the maternity leave between them. It was discussed before the birth of their daughter and their government said they, like every other couple, were entitled to it. So, I guess it's possible the Cambridges have done exactly the same and good on them.

I am not a dyed in the wool Cambridge fan but it is a very good thing that they be seen to have the same rights as every other couple. We all accept that they are or can be role models so why not a model in this?
In Britain both parents get 14 months of leave when they have a child? We're moving to Britain with a crate of ovulation kits!!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She's been through a lot since her courtship with William. She was harassed, her family was harassed and publicly trashed and her privacy was violated several times. Despite it all, she has remained dignified, poised, her head held high and accompanied with a smile. Is she perfect? No, but she always put her best foot forward and I admire her for it.
I admire Kate for having resisted all this and never reacted to the the sevaral defiances
Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
...George is over a year now, and still the maternity leave comes up because ... Kate has hardly been SEEN working.
Well, no, Duke of Marmalade, in this case the maternity leave thing came up because someone asked. I don't recall having seen any sort of uproar about this subject until now.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
NotWindsor is a very sarodnic twitter account... However this tweet seems to have come ater Kate was spotted several times shopping... (Accordin to private people)
Is the tweet in reference to Kate shopping last week, or was this another recent sighting? All the tweet contains is a link, so I have no idea what it's referencing. I think tweets from the person (or people) that spotted Kate (or just tweets that give more information), would be more useful than some random tweet that is unclear and without context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
What's interesting is that while the Cambridges have voiced complaints about photographs of them in their private lives, they can't stop Instagram and Twitter. We no longer have a traditional press that can be controlled in some way.
This is one of the reasons why Harry says he hates twitter. He said it's a violation of his privacy. In fact, when the Daily Mirror published twitter photos of Harry and Cressida (at the theater), they complained that it invaded their privacy. The paper had to take down the photos and issue a public apology.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Is the tweet in reference to Kate shopping last week, or was this another recent sighting? All the tweet contains is a link, so I have no idea what it's referencing. I think tweets from the person (or people) that spotted Kate (or just tweets that give more information), would be more useful than some random tweet that is unclear and without context.

I don't know for sure but she was seen 3 or 4 times last week.... I have no link because people on internet simply tweeted it with an hashtag... No photos I guess
Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone can tweet anything. Kate wasn't seen 3 or 4 times last week.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't know for sure but she was seen 3 or 4 times last week.... I have no link because people on internet simply tweeted it with an hashtag... No photos I guess
She was seen 3 or 4 times at the restaurant that person linked? I guess I'm trying to figure out why one of those tweets weren't linked, as opposed to a tweet from someone just making a dig about Kate.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She was seen 3 or 4 times at the restaurant that person linked? I guess I'm trying to figure out why one of those tweets weren't linked, as opposed to a tweet from someone just making a dig about Kate.

mmm sorry but maybe you are referring to another link

which restaurant?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

The link that was in your initial post. The Black Faced Sheep, is a restaurant, coffee shop and store. I made the reference to it being a restaurant and store in one of my other posts.

Quote:
At The Sign of the Black Faced Sheep you will find a welcoming coffee shop and restaurant combined with an intriguing emporium, packed full of beautiful furniture, gifts and homeware carefully chosen to bring a little elegance and country into your living space
That's why I asked if the link from that tweet contained any other information beside the snarky comment. I was generally curious if Kate was seen shopping at this place 3 or 4 times, or if she was seen at other places.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah sorry I even didn't notice it! I thought I had posted only the tweet
Honestly I don't know

I think she has been seen in difference places... I don't know anything about "the black sheep". I read she was seen at bicester village and buying some clothes for George
Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Please note that several posts that refer to another royal forum have been deleted. For reference, please note the following TRF rule:
  • Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Closed Thread