The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It sounds very sarcastic IMO

I think the meaning is: she has time to go shopping a lot but not to work for her charities
Her work schedule is more than likely overseen by "The Firm". She can suggest but they need to approve. IMHO

Old 08-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Her work schedule is more than likely overseen by "The Firm". She can suggest but they need to approve. IMHO
I agree. What freedom she has in her public life will remain an unknown until someone 'talks', which I suspect won't happen in this case. I just have a hunch that someone like Kate is not a 'free agent' (in her public life anyway).

Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

I think the meaning is: she has time to go shopping a lot but not to work for her charities
Oh, well some may not know that Catherine do work on behalf of her charities and is in constant contact with them and it's officials. She will also gain more charitable patronages as well. August is a very slow month for the royals and they're off for most of it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its unfortunate that Kate is seen shopping but not working. Its always easy to claim that she 'works behind the scenes' but royal work is all about being seen in public and getting attention for the cause. It only adds to the lazy image.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its unfortunate that Kate is seen shopping but not working. Its always easy to claim that she 'works behind the scenes' but royal work is all about being seen in public and getting attention for the cause. It only adds to the lazy image.
I agree that Catherine and William should be seen more on public duties but August is off time for many of the royals. She and the royals do a great deal behind the scenes, but the problem for Catherine, a lot of what she do behind the scenes isn't highlighted. I liked when Charles's official office released videos of the stuff he do behind the scenes. If they did that for William & Catherine, everyone would see them working, making calls and going through correspondents with their private secretaries. They do all these things on official engagement days and off days.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Annual Engagements for the British Royals - 2014

HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 102
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 78
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 66
Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Annual Engagements for the British Royals - 2014

HRH The Duke of Cambridge - 102
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 78
HRH Prince Henry of Wales - 66
I wonder why you always drag Prince Harry (and The Duchess of Cornwall) into these useless discussions. There's no competition between the Royals. That's an idiotic thing some TRF posters invented.

They all have different positions and functions within the Royal Family, Their work schedule cannot be compared.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

When people accuse Kate of being lazy and doing nothing except shop, I like to provide a bit of perspective to the discussion.

She surely is doing much more than just shop if her official engagements total is higher than her brother-in-law's totals.

Yes Harry has a desk job with the army but he is given as much time away for royal engagements as he needs. The quote from the Mirror article states he is hardly ever in the office.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I think that Leonor and Sofia have had their own dolls as well.
Going off-topic, but yes, Leonor and Sofia have had their own dolls too:

Leonor's christening doll ~ Dolls of Leonor and Sofia ~ Doll of Leonor's first day at school

I don't know whose dolls are more creepy: Prince George's or Leonor and Sofia's.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Fans of historic American product advertising will remember where the look for this very Americanized version of Prince Cheeks comes from: https://www.gerber.com/our-story/meet-the-gerber-baby

I thought the same thing. Great minds...
Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I have to agree... If she can be seen shopping or walking in the street she can be seen visiting the charities IMO... It's all bad publicity for her...
Old 08-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I have to agree... If she can be seen shopping or walking in the street she can be seen visiting the charities IMO... It's all bad publicity for her...
The royals visit their charities to check up on it's progress in different periods of time and most likely already arranged or will be arranged in her official diary. August is usually slow on the royal front though.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

yeah but this "sightings" are not new thing

Out of curiosity when will the maternity leave finish?

I thought in uk lasted one year
Old 08-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
yeah but this "sightings" are not new thing

Out of curiosity when will the maternity leave finish?

I thought in uk lasted one year
The "sightings" are Catherine running her errands on her private time.

I have no clue when her maternity leave is over. It's probably already over but I don't think the palace would announce it.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks... I was exactly thinking the same thing... It may have ended in july and after the holidays more events will be announced
Old 08-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

So Catherine is expected to stay hidden away unless she is doing something official?

Diana was out shopping and visiting friends and going to the gym and no one claimed she should not be seen unless doing something official.

The reason we seldom see reporting of sightings of Sophie or Anne out shopping is that they do not have the public and media attention.

The York sisters do very few official functions, but are seen out with friends and going to parties all the time and no one complains about their activities (and they has security)
Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm just reporting what twitter say... I think that (as a previous thread said) the fact that she is said to do thw work behind the scenes and no unofficial pic of that visits comes up makes someone have doubts.... I think the twitter meant that if she can easily be seen shopping and shopping she can be seen visiting the charities private, without photo operator...
Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27 View Post
...The York sisters do very few official functions, but are seen out with friends and going to parties all the time and no one complains about their activities (and they has security)
Have you been on the York sisters' forums? They get a lot of criticism for their activities, despite the fact that they both hold jobs instead of being working royals.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

... And it's not true that Prince Harry does less work... many of his activities are not even listed in the CC... And what he is doing for the invictus games is amazing and in my opinion he has the potential and skills of appealing to people...
Old 08-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

What's interesting is that while the Cambridges have voiced complaints about photographs of them in their private lives, they can't stop Instagram and Twitter. We no longer have a traditional press that can be controlled in some way.