The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
GracieGiraffe,

you can rationalise the causes of the Diana's death till you are blue in the face, but how William & Harry internalised and processed the loss of their mother, amidst worldwide hysteria' is unknown to anyone but them [and possibly] their father... the psychological damage wrought on their personalities and attitude to the intrusions of the press into EVERY aspect of their lives probably run very deep and may never have been wholly understood or articulated by the princes themselves.
Given that, I [like Pranter] am amazed his relationship with the press is as functional as it is !
I completely agree with you. I'd also add that the press only gives the public what it wants, and is therefore merely an arm of the public. I think Will and Harry realize this. This is why I am beginning to realize we won't seem much of Will, Kate or their minor children much at all, whether he is not the heir, the heir, or the king.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMHO William and Kate will follow the predictable patterns that most royals have with their children: newborn photo, christening photo, older infant, 1st birthday, 18 mo., new sibling, annual photo sessions, and first days of school.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Can you explain why you see that? How do you see it?
He's always seemed much more reserved and thoughtful...less prone to rash actions (outside those typical of boys/teens). He's more of a thinker like Charles. I think he's probably a bit more sensitive than he actually appears.

LaRae
Old 08-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
He's always seemed much more reserved and thoughtful...less prone to rash actions (outside those typical of boys/teens). He's more of a thinker like Charles. I think he's probably a bit more sensitive than he actually appears.

LaRae
Thank you. I can see what you mean.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Touching tribute to Diana: Play date for baby George and Kate-
Adam Helliker talks Amal Alamuddin, Kate and George and Keira Knightley | Adam Helliker | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

I appreciate that Dman ensures that we see a variety of articles on the royal family, but I wish I hadn't clicked on the link about Catherine taking George to the park. I think one of the main reasons William and Catherine have decided to move their primary residence away from London is so that they can take their child outside of their private gardens without making the news.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

"Touching tribute to Diana ". Its this sort of nauseating pap that turns people off. Its the nearest playground to KP, and I would guess that it wasn't a tribute.

And I agree with US Royal Watcher- they want to escape this attention.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Let's see
A mother who was hounded al the time by photographers
A mother who died trying to get away from photographers
A woman who was sexually violated by a scum bag with a camera

Yeah I'd be neurotic as well. William is probably award that if you give them an inch they will take a mile, he doesn't like photographers but he is dealing with them. What more can we ask.
Let's also not forget that William and Kate, along with many of their family and friends, had their phones hacked on literally hundreds of occasions to get information on them. This went on for years and was an open secret among the press. Thanks to William's figuring out what was going on, such disgusting law-breaking was brought into the public and several journalists are now serving lengthy jail terms as a result.

The press was also paying police officers, army officers and royal staff members large amounts of cash for personal and private information about them

Oh, and the fact that they tapped, recorded and published Charles's personal phone calls for their own titillation.

By any standard, William has every reason to be wary with the press.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Aristocracy

William and Catherine have always been a quiet couple, preferring nights at home or with small circle of friends. Except for some brief periods of time, neither were big nightclub partiers.
would you prefer less media photos since they spend time at home or more photos showing them drunk leaving night clubs and such?
Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

https://twitter.com/Briti...99613577632706560/photo/1

a new Prince George's doll.... very creepy...
Old 08-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post

Yes, very creepy, and with an inexplicable resemblance to Sheldon Cooper.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Leonor and Sofia have had their own dolls as well.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Fans of historic American product advertising will remember where the look for this very Americanized version of Prince Cheeks comes from: https://www.gerber.com/our-story/meet-the-gerber-baby

Old 08-20-2014, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Nasty looking thing - and if you read the small-print the object will not even look like the picture as it is an artist's impression!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Fans of historic American product advertising will remember where the look for this very Americanized version of Prince Cheeks comes from: https://www.gerber.com/our-story/meet-the-gerber-baby

Ah, now I remember, just when I was thinking how cute and would look great in porcelain, thanks, you just saved me some dollars.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

not windsor @windsorsworld · 11h

The Black Faced Sheep Coffee Shop & Restaurant Aboyne Kate has no problems finding local shops - its good causes she cannot find
Old 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
not windsor @windsorsworld · 11h

The Black Faced Sheep Coffee Shop & Restaurant Aboyne Kate has no problems finding local shops - its good causes she cannot find
What does that mean?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince George adopts lobster

Mace ‏@RoyaleVision 18 mins
Prince George's 'Adopt a Lobster' certificate has been received by the D and D of Cambridge https://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/article/-/24767969/prince-george-adopts-lobster/
Old 08-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What does that mean?
It sounds very sarcastic IMO

I think the meaning is: she has time to go shopping a lot but not to work for her charities
Old 08-20-2014, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Scots schoolgirl becomes envy of her classmates after Kate Middleton thanks her for loom band bracelet gift - Daily Record

Closed Thread