The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge makes Vanity Fair’s best dressed Hall of Fame - Telegraph

HRH is in Vanity Fair's 2014 Best-Dressed Hall of Fame
It's Kate's fifth time on the list

Old 08-09-2014, 06:56 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince Harry to Attend a Wedding in Italy

Old 08-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

it would be great if they came to my country!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

I just never seen a group of people attend more weddings like the royals. Most of the people I know are having children but aren't getting married so there are not weddings to attend.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-09-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is the age of the two princes - thirty is the time of life when young people decide to marry. Also, the group of people they mix with, can afford to have the weddings they desire and many titled friends are expected to marry to ensure the future of their inheritance. (Sadly as you get older, you find yourself attending as many funerals- if not more.)
Old 08-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
It is the age of the two princes - thirty is the time of life when young people decide to marry. Also, the group of people they mix with, can afford to have the weddings they desire and many titled friends are expected to marry to ensure the future of their inheritance. (Sadly as you get older, you find yourself attending as many funerals- if not more.)
I'm up there in age, so I understand. I also understand the differences in the class. After two or three weddings, I would probably throw up my hands at the rest. The only part to look forward to is the eating of the cake.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Maybe if they were less neurotic about the paps (and the public with camera phones), there would be less stress in their lives.
Let's see
A mother who was hounded al the time by photographers
A mother who died trying to get away from photographers
A woman who was sexually violated by a scum bag with a camera

Yeah I'd be neurotic as well. William is probably award that if you give them an inch they will take a mile, he doesn't like photographers but he is dealing with them. What more can we ask.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

Well said XeniaCasaraghi !
Old 08-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I have always found it amazing that William is able to have any sort of positive relationship with the media. I would imagine it is not easy for him to deal with them on any level.

LaRae
Old 08-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^Agree with everyone regarding the media and William. TBH I believe that most of current royal parents have clear boundaries established with the media and their children. Diana was more than willing to let the press know when they'd crossed the line when it came to photographing her boys.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Let's see
A mother who was hounded al the time by photographers
A mother who died trying to get away from photographers
A woman who was sedually violated by a scum bag with a camera

Yeah I'd be neurotic as well. William is probably award that if you give them an inch they will take a mile, he doesn't like photographers but he is dealing with them. What more can we ask.
His mother courted the press - it's she who helped create this monster.

Will has to work with the press; he has no choice. His son, whether he likes it or not is a public figure. I agree that George is entitled to a private life, but I sense that Will goes about it all the wrong way - he needs to work with press, not against them.

He also needs to realize that the "press" as a group did not kill his mother, who was actually killed by a drunk driver taking commands from a rich fool.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure Diana's old apartment is available. It's been turned into an office for one of Charles's charities, from what I know. Of course it can be turned over to Harry, if that's what his plans are.

I think eventually it will be , till william was married he too was living like harry , and suddenly apt 1 A became available for them ..not a coincidence . They are royals and there is plebty of space to give the charity accommodation elsewhere , plus I dont see harry marrying till 2018-2020 so there's no hurry
Old 08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
He also needs to realize that the "press" as a group did not kill his mother, who was actually killed by a drunk driver taking commands from a rich fool.
I agree with the bolded, though that night was very complicated.

I also think that William (based on what I see) has achieved his balance with the press. As much as some may have found the way he reached that balance unfortunate, it achieved the desired outcome. The press has backed off and is more cautious. William is more relaxed and playing by the rules of the PR game. Everyone is happy.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Commoner

I think William is more reserved by nature , hence he keeps away from the press or stays under the radar , compared to his younger brother who does most of the same stuff but manages to get caught .
Old 08-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

William is more like Charles in nature.

LaRae
Old 08-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMO he's also like the Queen. All three are the eldest child (which determined their roles) and are naturally introverted. Their younger siblings were/are more outgoing.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I have always found it amazing that William is able to have any sort of positive relationship with the media. I would imagine it is not easy for him to deal with them on any level.

LaRae
I am also amazed by that. He probably lives with the pain of what happened to his mom everyday, yet he still has a relationship with the media even if it is sometimes strained. I have not watched many interviews with him, but the ones I have seen he always comes off as friendly with the reporter. Now added on to what happened to his mother is what was done to his wife. I'm from Texas and I know some men would have been on trial for how they would have responded to that situation. We forget about it and move on, I suspect they never do and are possibly reminded of what was done to them every time they seesomeone with a camera.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
William is more like Charles in nature.

LaRae
Can you explain why you see that? How do you see it?
Old 08-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
His mother courted the press - it's she who helped create this monster.

Will has to work with the press; he has no choice. His son, whether he likes it or not is a public figure. I agree that George is entitled to a private life, but I sense that Will goes about it all the wrong way - he needs to work with press, not against them.

Diana courted the press at times and was hounded by them at other times. William has worked with them all his adult life he just never will accept that his private life should be public entertainment. He has done his job he has worked with the press for years as has his brother, they've only do e it on their terms not the medias; I applaud them both for Howe they have handled the situation.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

GracieGiraffe,

you can rationalise the causes of the Diana's death till you are blue in the face, but how William & Harry internalised and processed the loss of their mother, amidst worldwide hysteria' is unknown to anyone but them [and possibly] their father... the psychological damage wrought on their personalities and attitude to the intrusions of the press into EVERY aspect of their lives probably run very deep and may never have been wholly understood or articulated by the princes themselves.
Given that, I [like Pranter] am amazed his relationship with the press is as functional as it is !

Closed Thread