The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Those full-time working mothers use daycare. They may not have a live-in nanny, or a one-on-one babysitter for part of the day, but unless they have a relative willing to take their child in while they work, then they must have daycare. Sad reality.
Because of the security issues with George, daycare isn't a option. The teenager down the street isn't one either. Mike and Carole both work and a stink would have been raised if Carole went on tour to watch George. So a full time nanny is needed for days like this when both W&K are away from London.

I would bet a majority of those working full time moms would stay at home if they could especially with kids as young as George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 07-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I would bet a majority of those working full time moms would stay at home if they could especially with kids as young as George.
Some women, like myself, chose to stay home and be full time moms. It has only been in the last 4-5 decades that the working mom has been in the majority over stay at home moms. Its become more of a necessity to have a two income family these days too.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
He makes his own money, so really, who is going to complain?

Lots of people.
No matter how often it's explained that his income derives from the Duchy, some people will continue to insist that his lifestyle is funded by taxpayers!
Old 07-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
My son was on the big side (10 lbs 9oz at birth and he stayed big) and the doctor told us not to worry if he hit some of the milestones late as he had more weight to move around. Well, he did roll over late and it took him until he was 9 months old to put himself fully into a sitting position. He then proceeded to learn how to stand, crawl, walk, run and climb in a time span of four days. FOUR DAYS!

I hope William and Catherine are ready for the joys and terrors of a "busy" boy! They're so much fun and can cause so many gray hairs.
That's like my little cousin who is a month older than George, he's big for his age as well (his mother and uncle were both 'big babies' as well, so it may be a family thing) and was late crawling - he only crawled for a little, and just went straight on to walking. My little cousin is also very active like George seems to be, and he loves the fact that he can walk now and apparently walks everywhere (he took his first proper steps when I was on holiday, so unfortunately I haven't seen him walking independently yet) by himself. He enjoys crawling and exploring my in aunt's house too. One thing he loves is her house phone - he accidentally called someone once!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
That's like my little cousin who is a month older than George, he's big for his age as well (his mother and uncle were both 'big babies' as well, so it may be a family thing) and was late crawling - he only crawled for a little, and just went straight on to walking. My little cousin is also very active like George seems to be, and he loves the fact that he can walk now and apparently walks everywhere (he took his first proper steps when I was on holiday, so unfortunately I haven't seen him walking independently yet) by himself. He enjoys crawling and exploring my in aunt's house too. One thing he loves is her house phone - he accidentally called someone once!

So long as it was a local call...? I hope?

I wonder if Master Wiggle Worm has found any of the panic buttons yet? I seem to remember stories of the Earl of Ulster having great fun setting off the ones in The Gloucester's Apt at KP when he was wee lad, so...Only a matter of time for George.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

George has been taking swimming lessons, Duchess reveals
George making splash, duchess says | Mail Online
Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
So long as it was a local call...? I hope?

I wonder if Master Wiggle Worm has found any of the panic buttons yet? I seem to remember stories of the Earl of Ulster having great fun setting off the ones in The Gloucester's Apt at KP when he was wee lad, so...Only a matter of time for George.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Yes, I would imagine it was a local call, or at least I hope it was! I wasn't there at the time since it was a story that my aunt was telling me later on, so I don't know for sure.

The little story about the Earl of Ulster and panic buttons is quite funny, although I can imagine that it must have been worrying for his parents at the time. It seems as if being energetic as a baby and child runs in the family.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Courtier

After £4.5m refit to make Kensington Palace fit for a prince, William and Kate head off to live in... Norfolk | Mail Online

In hindsight - someone said they choose the wrong apartment at KPalace.

Margaret's apartment is right next to the public road.
Diana's apartment was completely at the opposite end, and not accessible to any public roads.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
After £4.5m refit to make Kensington Palace fit for a prince, William and Kate head off to live in... Norfolk | Mail Online

In hindsight - someone said they choose the wrong apartment at KPalace.

Margaret's apartment is right next to the public road.
Diana's apartment was completely at the opposite end, and not accessible to any public roads.
i doubt they really chose it... it must be a case of which apartment was available and judged appropriate by the queen and her senior staff, although the final decision probably came down to them when they were told the options. or maybe william preferred not to take diana's appartment?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm going to be drawn and quartered for this probably but if this story is true and if Will and Kate are going to take the next two years and be part time royals while also carrying out part time engagements, I'm all for it. They've got plenty of years ahead of them where the life of normalcy will be ancient history and by then, George most likely will be attending school. This is also a perfect set up should Will and Kate decide to expand their family.

Its not like they're deserting their apartment in London, they just are going to be travelling between the two places and use the one that is best for where they need to be.

If Charles and the Queen have put their stamp of approval on this plan, then I'm all for it.

Then again, this is an article in the Daily Mail. Could just be blowing smoke.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

That "public road" is gated, open only to KP traffic. They are at least 500 ft from public streets.

I think this is just a silly DM piece.
Most of the family has "homes" outside the city.
Bagshot, beloved Highgrove, Balmoral, Windsor (technically), Gatcombe, etc. are all non-London homes.
They have residences in London but prefer the country life. So how are the Cambridges any different?
Typical of the DM, they base an argument on an unsound premise, that living outside of London is unacceptable for the royal family. GAAAAK.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 08-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm going to be drawn and quartered for this probably but if this story is true and if Will and Kate are going to take the next two years and be part time royals while also carrying out part time engagements, I'm all for it. They've got plenty of years ahead of them where the life of normalcy will be ancient history and by then, George most likely will be attending school. This is also a perfect set up should Will and Kate decide to expand their family.

Its not like they're deserting their apartment in London, they just are going to be travelling between the two places and use the one that is best for where they need to be.

If Charles and the Queen have put their stamp of approval on this plan, then I'm all for it.

Then again, this is an article in the Daily Mail. Could just be blowing smoke.
No criticism from me. They have plenty of years of full time duty ahead.

This is not only a DM article (pinch of salt req.) but is written by KN ( sack loads needed). So the stuff about KP is probably iffy but if W is going to work as an EAAA pilot then where else were they going to live?

I expect that they will do p/t duties, have another child and hopefully be able to bring their children up with some degree of privacy.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i doubt they really chose it... it must be a case of which apartment was available and judged appropriate by the queen and her senior staff, although the final decision probably came down to them when they were told the options. or maybe william preferred not to take diana's appartment?
Agreed. It is possible that the only other apartments that were of the right size for a family were occupied by Gloucesters and Kents. William would have known of the pros-cons of his former home as well.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 AM
Majesty

I just hope whatever job William takes on (we still don't know what job) it don't take them away from their official duties.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just hope whatever job William takes on (we still don't know what job) it don't take them away from their official duties.
It will.

My gut, and it's only my opinion, royal peeps, no need to flip - is that it was fully the intention of the BRF that Kate and Will would move into KP, live there, take up royal duties (Will more than Kate at this juncture), and Amner would be like Highgrove was for the Wales; a weekend retreat.

The bottom line, however, is that Will prefers flying to royal duties. For reasons of their own, the BRF is willing to allow him his preference, and the game plan has changed.

I also believe the rumor that he will be flying in East Anglia - the press seems virtually certain it's true - that "source" must have been a very reliable one.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness

I agree the original plan was for them to move into KP and become full time royals. We'll have to wait for September to see if he takes the job.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I agree the original plan was for them to move into KP and become full time royals. We'll have to wait for September to see if he takes the job.
I am tending to believe otherwise. A year ago when the "transitional" year was announced, I think it was said that Will would be looking into an area of public service to get into. Although it may seem as Will really would be taking a job with EAAA (if he is) because he loves and misses flying, I do think that's a small part of it. When someone is hurt badly enough to be airlifted, the time is crucial and often times means the difference between life and death. To me, for Will, that's a much more rewarding service to his country and its citizens than sitting behind a desk somewhere.

Its only for two years and even that will be subject to change at the drop of a hat should the need arise. We'll know for sure once an official announcement is made.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Majesty

I don't see anything wrong with William taking on a side job. Taking on the job full-time and decreasing their official duties just don't seem right and it caused some problems before. I just don't understand the need to go down that road again.

Yes, we have to wait for official word on what will happen and what job he'll take on but I just hope it don't involve less attention to their official duties. That won't be good.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am tending to believe otherwise. A year ago when the "transitional" year was announced, I think it was said that Will would be looking into an area of public service to get into. Although it may seem as Will really would be taking a job with EAAA (if he is) because he loves and misses flying, I do think that's a small part of it. When someone is hurt badly enough to be airlifted, the time is crucial and often times means the difference between life and death. To me, for Will, that's a much more rewarding service to his country and its citizens than sitting behind a desk somewhere.

Its only for two years and even that will be subject to change at the drop of a hat should the need arise. We'll know for sure once an official announcement is made.
I'm pretty much of this opinion as well. I think that William is the type that needs to LOVE what he's doing, and right now that something will keep him out of the spotlight (which I'm sure he prefers as well). Now, some may not see that as service, but in my eyes helping people first hand is honorable (not to mention that it prepares him for his role as a monarch). Time will come when he'll have no choice but to take up royal duties full time, and it looks as if now is just not it. He may have to drop his choice of occupation sooner because of circumstances, but until then, let him do what makes him fill successful and fulfilled.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm pretty much of this opinion as well. I think that William is the type that needs to LOVE what he's doing, and right now that something will keep him out of the spotlight (which I'm sure he prefers as well). Now, some may not see that as service, but in my eyes helping people first hand is honorable (not to mention that it prepares him for his role as a monarch). Time will come when he'll have no choice but to take up royal duties full time, and it looks as if now is just not it. He may have to drop his choice of occupation sooner because of circumstances, but until then, let him do what makes him fill successful and fulfilled.
Helping others is a very honorable job and I think having a side job is great but there has to be a better balance between his side job and his royal duties. He mentioned that his military job presented a problem when it came down to his official duties and the problem was increasing with time. So perhaps he can do his side job on a part-time level?

Dr. Maya Angelou
Closed Thread