The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1041  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,531
To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".
__________________

__________________
"I am Denmark's first female Prime Minister. But you know what? I won't be the last."
— Helle Thorning-Schmidt, former Prime Minister of Denmark

  #1042  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".
Charles and Catherine?
__________________

__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #1043  
Old 07-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".
It's like the Cambridges posted it personally.
  #1044  
Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,872
Hair is Williams eye color is Kate's but the eye shape looks like Williams. Cheeks nose chi in remind me of the picture of Kate as a baby. LoL William had more her than Kate back when they were babies. Let's hope George gets his teeth from his mama.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
  #1045  
Old 07-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,018
This is fun. Like a mystery, because his look is so distinctive. I've decided that his nose and mouth are from his mother, definitely not his father. The shape of his head and the shape of his eyes (with eyebrows) are from Kate and his grandfather Middleton. I think there is more Middleton in him than Windsor at this point - and may be why he looks so distinctive to the casual observer of the Windsor royals.

I'm sure for those who tend him he flashes between resembling both parents in turn as babies do. This is not a definitive pronouncement - just a bit of fun.

Here's 'our little Prince' -
LINK: https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...09579131412481

Here is Charles as a toddler - he has a round head -
LINK: Postcard The Royal Baby, HRH Prince Charles as toddler, Tucks | akpool.co.uk

William as a toddler - he has a long head and a very different mouth -
LINK: An adorable Prince William scratches his head curiously in this 1984 photo. - ABC News

LINK: Pin by Julieta MG on Diana | Pinterest

LINK: 15 Sweet Photos Of William And Harry When They Were Little

Then Michael Middleton as a young man. For some maybe a long-shot, but I see Mr Middleton's eyes in William - and the round head - I could't find a toddler picture -
LINK: Google Image Result for

I can't get the toddler picture of Kate as a stand-alone picture. It seems clear (to me) that, in the end, he resembles his mother -
LINK: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kate...2F%3B500%3B666

To me George looks like a Ginger!
  #1046  
Old 07-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
I see a good deal of William in George, especially in the eyes and the smile.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #1047  
Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,483
Buckingham pool ace! Prince George is learning to swim thanks to weekly splash-abouts at the Palace | Mail Online
  #1048  
Old 07-26-2014, 12:58 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,223
" Bath-time has become quite painful!"
I love it!
Love the photos and the mental image of Mum and George having fun in the pool too!
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
https://www.youcaring.com/dariashevc...rechild-755595
  #1049  
Old 07-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,435
If George is really enjoying his swims over at BP, I can see where William says that bath times are painful. I can also imagine the shape the bathroom is in once George's bath is finished.

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1050  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:16 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,541
From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1051  
Old 07-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves.
I know one like that (without all the accidents) and he is amazing. His last teacher didn’t like him too much though. She just got out of school and wanted a class filled with little robots. My nephew doesn’t function that way though and now school (and my sister) want to have him tested for adhd...
  #1052  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:21 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If George is really enjoying his swims over at BP, I can see where William says that bath times are painful. I can also imagine the shape the bathroom is in once George's bath is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I know one like that (without all the accidents) and he is amazing. His last teacher didn’t like him too much though. She just got out of school and wanted a class filled with little robots. My nephew doesn’t function that way though and now school (and my sister) want to have him tested for adhd...
@ Osipi- Me too! Lucky they have a housekeeper! Bet she gets a work- out, and more than earns her pay!
@ Elenath- Sounds like your nephews teacher needs to rethink her career. Could just be first year nerves though.
Hope your nephew gets help if he needs it.
__________________
Best. Photo. Ever. My RH exactly as he was. Soon after we met- Exactly the same look . At Westminster Abbey on his 90th birthday meeting HM. Another day at the office.
https://www.youcaring.com/dariashevc...rechild-755595
  #1053  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
@ Elenath- Sounds like your nephews teacher needs to rethink her career. Could just be first year nerves though.
Hope your nephew gets help if he needs it.
He doesn’t need any. I have a friend whose son has adhd and my nephews behavior is nothing compared to that boys’. He is just a happy and very active child whose parents and teacher would be happier if he would sit still all day and not talk constantly.
  #1054  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves.
Great insight GG, I also know one of those type of boys and sometimes it was beyond 5 years that he needed protecting from tall trees, fish ponds with bikes in them, jumping from the dock over the row boat thinking he was superman........lolololololo, the headaches and EM and docs...glad he has one of his own now and complains that he is a monster,
  #1055  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Great insight GG, I also know one of those type of boys and sometimes it was beyond 5 years that he needed protecting from tall trees, fish ponds with bikes in them, jumping from the dock over the row boat thinking he was superman........lolololololo, the headaches and EM and docs...glad he has one of his own now and complains that he is a monster,
This is a law of the universe commonly known as Mother's Revenge.

A friend of mine had one of these naturally enthusiastic kids that was constantly ending up in the ER for various injuries. Being naturally cautious, a social worker was called in with the doctor to determine if there was perhaps some form of child abuse going on. They patched the kid up (he had fallen out of a tree) and as soon as his feet hit the ground he took off running and sliding with socks on a slippery floor and promptly fell and slid headfirst into a wall. Case closed.

I can picture my mother following the antics of George and using one of her favorite expressions. "There's no flies on this kid".
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1056  
Old 07-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Duchess of Durham's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Durham, United States
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
He doesn’t need any. I have a friend whose son has adhd and my nephews behavior is nothing compared to that boys’. He is just a happy and very active child whose parents and teacher would be happier if he would sit still all day and not talk constantly.
Not get get off-topic here, but perhaps your nephew is not stimulated enough in school. I hate when people jump to let's have the kid tested for ADD or ADHD.
  #1057  
Old 07-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Not get get off-topic here, but perhaps your nephew is not stimulated enough in school. I hate when people jump to let's have the kid tested for ADD or ADHD.
That is what I think as well. He and his sister are both gifted and have skipped a grade. I think his teacher might be going to slow for him. And he has trouble concentrating when there is too much noise around him.

Anyway. Slightly more on topic. One of the first comments on the DM article topped the dumb comment list for me.

Quote:
Most kids dont get the chance to learn since, due to tory cuts, public swimming pools are being closed down. Nice to see there was no problem funding one for these benefit scroungers mind.
The pool was built in 1939.
  #1058  
Old 07-26-2014, 05:09 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is a law of the universe commonly known as Mother's Revenge.

A friend of mine had one of these naturally enthusiastic kids that was constantly ending up in the ER for various injuries. Being naturally cautious, a social worker was called in with the doctor to determine if there was perhaps some form of child abuse going on. They patched the kid up (he had fallen out of a tree) and as soon as his feet hit the ground he took off running and sliding with socks on a slippery floor and promptly fell and slid headfirst into a wall. Case closed.

I can picture my mother following the antics of George and using one of her favorite expressions. "There's no flies on this kid".
My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1059  
Old 07-26-2014, 09:27 PM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
I managed to raise one of these boys myself. It can be exhausting! He's now 22 and still is responsible for much of my gray hair! He was able to leave his crib at 15 months - just about the time he was loading his own computer programs and figuring out how to escape his car-seat. Somehow we all survived
  #1060  
Old 07-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 580
My youngest son started climbing out of his crib at 11 months. He also managed to climb up on the kitchen table at 11 months. He almost walked off the end before I caught him.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1582 03-19-2017 01:27 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf catherine chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria daytime fashion current events denmark earl of snowdon general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king abdullah in australia king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy nassau news noice picture of the week pieter van vollenhoven prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess diana lady spencer princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania australia november 2016 queen silvia state visit state visit from argentina stephanie sweden swedish royal family uae wildlife victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises