The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".

Old 07-19-2014, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
To me, he's definitely a mix of Charles and Catherine. He seems like such a lovely child, he is the cutest little munchkin and I just want to pinch his cheeks I love how the tweet and facebook announcement of the picture said "our little Prince".
Charles and Catherine?

Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
It's like the Cambridges posted it personally.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hair is Williams eye color is Kate's but the eye shape looks like Williams. Cheeks nose chi in remind me of the picture of Kate as a baby. LoL William had more her than Kate back when they were babies. Let's hope George gets his teeth from his mama.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Courtier

This is fun. Like a mystery, because his look is so distinctive. I've decided that his nose and mouth are from his mother, definitely not his father. The shape of his head and the shape of his eyes (with eyebrows) are from Kate and his grandfather Middleton. I think there is more Middleton in him than Windsor at this point - and may be why he looks so distinctive to the casual observer of the Windsor royals.

I'm sure for those who tend him he flashes between resembling both parents in turn as babies do. This is not a definitive pronouncement - just a bit of fun.

Here's 'our little Prince' -
LINK: https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...09579131412481

Here is Charles as a toddler - he has a round head -
LINK: Postcard The Royal Baby, HRH Prince Charles as toddler, Tucks | akpool.co.uk

William as a toddler - he has a long head and a very different mouth -
LINK: An adorable Prince William scratches his head curiously in this 1984 photo. - ABC News

LINK: Pin by Julieta MG on Diana | Pinterest

LINK: 15 Sweet Photos Of William And Harry When They Were Little

Then Michael Middleton as a young man. For some maybe a long-shot, but I see Mr Middleton's eyes in William - and the round head - I could't find a toddler picture -
LINK: Google Image Result for

I can't get the toddler picture of Kate as a stand-alone picture. It seems clear (to me) that, in the end, he resembles his mother -
LINK: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kate...2F%3B500%3B666

To me George looks like a Ginger!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Majesty

I see a good deal of William in George, especially in the eyes and the smile.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Buckingham pool ace! Prince George is learning to swim thanks to weekly splash-abouts at the Palace | Mail Online
Old 07-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

" Bath-time has become quite painful!"
I love it!
Love the photos and the mental image of Mum and George having fun in the pool too!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If George is really enjoying his swims over at BP, I can see where William says that bath times are painful. I can also imagine the shape the bathroom is in once George's bath is finished.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
From the video and photos of Australia and New Zealand, George is clearly one of those little boys who will be like my younger son...up and about from sun up to sun down, into everything, climbing, jumping, throwing - a yearly mad dash to the E.R. until about 5 because they decided to do something a parent could not anticipate no matter how many rooms were decorated in rubber. Those boys are always sweet but you spend their first years protecting them from themselves.
I know one like that (without all the accidents) and he is amazing. His last teacher didn’t like him too much though. She just got out of school and wanted a class filled with little robots. My nephew doesn’t function that way though and now school (and my sister) want to have him tested for adhd...
Old 07-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If George is really enjoying his swims over at BP, I can see where William says that bath times are painful. I can also imagine the shape the bathroom is in once George's bath is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I know one like that (without all the accidents) and he is amazing. His last teacher didn’t like him too much though. She just got out of school and wanted a class filled with little robots. My nephew doesn’t function that way though and now school (and my sister) want to have him tested for adhd...
@ Osipi- Me too! Lucky they have a housekeeper! Bet she gets a work- out, and more than earns her pay!
@ Elenath- Sounds like your nephews teacher needs to rethink her career. Could just be first year nerves though.
Hope your nephew gets help if he needs it.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
@ Elenath- Sounds like your nephews teacher needs to rethink her career. Could just be first year nerves though.
Hope your nephew gets help if he needs it.
He doesn’t need any. I have a friend whose son has adhd and my nephews behavior is nothing compared to that boys’. He is just a happy and very active child whose parents and teacher would be happier if he would sit still all day and not talk constantly.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Great insight GG, I also know one of those type of boys and sometimes it was beyond 5 years that he needed protecting from tall trees, fish ponds with bikes in them, jumping from the dock over the row boat thinking he was superman........lolololololo, the headaches and EM and docs...glad he has one of his own now and complains that he is a monster,
Old 07-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Great insight GG, I also know one of those type of boys and sometimes it was beyond 5 years that he needed protecting from tall trees, fish ponds with bikes in them, jumping from the dock over the row boat thinking he was superman........lolololololo, the headaches and EM and docs...glad he has one of his own now and complains that he is a monster,
This is a law of the universe commonly known as Mother's Revenge.

A friend of mine had one of these naturally enthusiastic kids that was constantly ending up in the ER for various injuries. Being naturally cautious, a social worker was called in with the doctor to determine if there was perhaps some form of child abuse going on. They patched the kid up (he had fallen out of a tree) and as soon as his feet hit the ground he took off running and sliding with socks on a slippery floor and promptly fell and slid headfirst into a wall. Case closed.

I can picture my mother following the antics of George and using one of her favorite expressions. "There's no flies on this kid".
Old 07-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
He doesn’t need any. I have a friend whose son has adhd and my nephews behavior is nothing compared to that boys’. He is just a happy and very active child whose parents and teacher would be happier if he would sit still all day and not talk constantly.
Not get get off-topic here, but perhaps your nephew is not stimulated enough in school. I hate when people jump to let's have the kid tested for ADD or ADHD.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
Not get get off-topic here, but perhaps your nephew is not stimulated enough in school. I hate when people jump to let's have the kid tested for ADD or ADHD.
That is what I think as well. He and his sister are both gifted and have skipped a grade. I think his teacher might be going to slow for him. And he has trouble concentrating when there is too much noise around him.

Anyway. Slightly more on topic. One of the first comments on the DM article topped the dumb comment list for me.

Quote:
Most kids dont get the chance to learn since, due to tory cuts, public swimming pools are being closed down. Nice to see there was no problem funding one for these benefit scroungers mind.
The pool was built in 1939.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is a law of the universe commonly known as Mother's Revenge.

A friend of mine had one of these naturally enthusiastic kids that was constantly ending up in the ER for various injuries. Being naturally cautious, a social worker was called in with the doctor to determine if there was perhaps some form of child abuse going on. They patched the kid up (he had fallen out of a tree) and as soon as his feet hit the ground he took off running and sliding with socks on a slippery floor and promptly fell and slid headfirst into a wall. Case closed.

I can picture my mother following the antics of George and using one of her favorite expressions. "There's no flies on this kid".
My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
My mother would have commented, "a real pistol"

We need to start a poll; "How old will George be when he jumps out of his crib." I'll go for 18 months - he's tall enough to get that leg up.
I managed to raise one of these boys myself. It can be exhausting! He's now 22 and still is responsible for much of my gray hair! He was able to leave his crib at 15 months - just about the time he was loading his own computer programs and figuring out how to escape his car-seat. Somehow we all survived
Old 07-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Courtier

My youngest son started climbing out of his crib at 11 months. He also managed to climb up on the kitchen table at 11 months. He almost walked off the end before I caught him.