The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Now that's a teaser if I ever saw one. Just what is that new full time job to be? Hmmmmm...
She said air ambulance...but obviously that is not confirmed yet. And she said the trip will be 2 days

Old 07-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
She said air ambulance...but obviously that is not confirmed yet. And she said the trip will be 2 days
Thanks! I didn't think I saw any official announcement that he'd be working full time with the air ambulance service.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Aristocracy

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. George is almost one...I am sure Kate will be pregnant by the end of the year..and barring she doesn't have a difficult pregnancy maybe she will up her appearances a bit.

I think the air ambulance thing is more impt than royal engagements....helping save a life is a little more impt than shaking hands and unveiling plaques.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate is going to much closer in Norfolk than she was in Wales plus she is more confident with her royal duties. A solo foreign tour is a big step. Camilla just did her first solo one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Kate is going to much closer in Norfolk than she was in Wales plus she is more confident with her royal duties. A solo foreign tour is a big step. Camilla just did her first solo one last year.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I really love the thought of Catherine taking on more and the thought of the solo trip is a step in the right direction. I guess we'll see what will happen because I think they will come up under of great deal of criticism if they are seen retreating from their royal duties. They are able to do more now than they were able to do when they were busy being a military family. It was a balance that even William said wasn't working. There must be a better balance than before, if he's going to take up a full-time job.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Courtier

I must say this trip to Malta just goes to show how much trust The Queen has put into Catherine to carry out such an engagement for her first solo trip abroad. Good trainning for a future Queen consort.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Thanks for the link Dman. That article provides a link to a funny segment to do with how Charles was "buff" when he was young...

Ooo Charles' body. There were certain parts I was very stunned by how good they look In pictures. But I can't go into them here or I'd look silly. Let's just say he looked better in polo pants than either of his kids.
I understand why William wants to stay in the military, makes him feel like he is actually doing something. I think they should be seen more but they don't necessarily have to go full time. I should probably listen to more interview with William to see how he feels about the far off possibility of being King, if he is still hiding from it or he accepts it but just won't accept being a photo OP all the time.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding William's royal role have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-35796-33.html .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 07-15-2014, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding a potential Cambridge pregnancy have been deleted as speculative.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Courtier

https://www.facebook.com/notes/duche...42416662472355

On July 28 & 29, 2014 the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will attend the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.

On August 4, 2014, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I in Mons, Belgium.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Catherine's first solo tour - yay!
Also looking forward to Glasgow and Belgium.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
https://www.facebook.com/notes/duche...42416662472355

On July 28 & 29, 2014 the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will attend the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.

On August 4, 2014, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, along with Prince Harry, will mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I in Mons, Belgium.
There are 2 events on August 4. William and Catherine are at Liege first
Quote from Royal website

"HRH The Duke Cambridge, accompanied by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, will attend a service of remembrance hosted by the Government of Belgium at Liege. TRHs will subsequently travel to St Symphorien Military Cemetery, a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Mons, Belgium, for a UK commemorative event."

Harry is joining them at Mons.

All of the BRF are busy that day - link to press release

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...morations.aspx

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 54m
Prince George's first birthday will be marked by the publication of three photographs taken when he visited the Natural History Museum.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 51m
All three photos were taken when George visited the Sensational Butterflies exhibition with his parents at the NHM earlier this month.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 49m
One photo will be published on Saturday night and the other two on the eve of Prince George's birthday with more information

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 39s
Three photos going out to mark Prince George’s first birthday Palace say. One at 10.30pm tomorrow and two more at 10.30pm on Monday.

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 34s
George's birthday pics to be released 10.30pm (UK) on Saturday and Monday via @RoyalCentral

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

when he was seen visiting the exhibitions there were rumours claiming he was there for a birthday photoset... they've been proven right!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Arthur Edwards @ArthurJEdwards · 10m
Class of schoolgirls pick Catherine of Cambridge to sketch at @NPGLondon
https://twitter.com/ArthurJEdwards/s...34727501406209

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 38m
Look who's walking! Here's our little Prince ahead of his 1st birthday on 22nd July #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...09579131412481

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 38m
Look who's walking! Here's our little Prince ahead of his 1st birthday on 22nd July #HappyBirthdayPrinceGeorge
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...09579131412481
He's for sure a cutie - with a very distinctive look. Who does he look like? I think he's less Windsor and more Middleton - especially around the mouth and nose. What do others think?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I think he's got some obvious features from William but the edges/planes are softened by the Middleton genes.

LaRae
Old 07-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think he's got some obvious features from William but the edges/planes are softened by the Middleton genes.

LaRae
I only see the forehead and possibly the shape of the head from William (though William's head was longer as a toddler - when you look at pictures - I just checked), the rest is hard to identify - but definitely a more delicate mouth and maybe nose, too. Mouth is definitely more delicate - teeth must be Kate's, I guess.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

His eye (bone structure) has the look of William, but with less angle/sharpness. His mouth shape reminds me of William or some of Diana's family.

LaRae

Closed Thread