The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Nobility

So you feel Kate is a doting mum?
PG however seems spoiled.. only wants mummy
William is a true Windsor, leaving the kids with the mum...
Just an observation..

Old 04-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Just an observation..
Yes, Kate is definitely a doting mother. I don't think George is spoiled, Mum wouldn't let him have chocolate for Easter, but he is very much loved by both parents.

I think it is natural for a child to cling to its mother so am not concerned about William. That noted, I cannot see Charles kissing baby William on the head the way William did baby George Sunday. At least not in public.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Just an observation..
Of all the things I think of Catherine, I personally think she looks to be a wonderful mother.
Aren't all children spoilt? One child usually favours one parent or another at such a young age, I have an 11 month old niece who sticks to her mother all she came, problem? No.
Your observation isn't sound, you I presume have watched the miniscual footage we have recieved from this trip. I'm not sure how you can asert that William leaves George with his mother from such little information. Unless you know something we don't?
Old 04-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think too that George will be " spoilt" until a certain age and maybe until he will have another sibling.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Of all the things I think of Catherine, I personally think she looks to be a wonderful mother.
Aren't all children spoilt? One child usually favours one parent or another at such a young age, I have an 11 month old niece who sticks to her mother all she came, problem? No.
Your observation isn't sound, you I presume have watched the miniscual footage we have recieved from this trip. I'm not sure how you can asert that William leaves George with his mother from such little information. Unless you know something we don't?
William rarely holds and kisses him..
Kate plays, PG is bonded with her..not saying PW isn't a loving dad,I surmise hes not used to,sleepless nites,and PG chewing because of the teething..when he grows to be a fine young man, I feel PW and he will become best buds.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just an observation..
I respect your opinion, but you have got to be kidding.
Did you not see the photos of William and George at the zoo?
Every time I've seen William with George, William has a smile a mile wide. I never saw Charles like that when William was a baby.
I also disagree with the statement that George is spoiled, because he likes to spend time with his mother.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

From what we are seeing in the videos and pictures, George is loved up by both of his parents and most likely even more behind the scenes. Those pictures and videos of William kissing his son on the head was precious indeed and also the pictures and video of Catherine playing with her son.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Kate plays, PG is bonded with her..not saying PW isn't a loving dad,I surmises he not used to,sleepless nites,and PG chewing because of the teething..she he grows to be a fine young man, I feel PW and he will become best buds.
You are seeing a total of what barely 2 hours approx of footage out of 9 months of the child being alive? I'm sorry but your opinion has no evidence to back it up. Catherine is his mother, there is always a special bond between mother and child.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Kate plays, PG is bonded with her..not saying PW isn't a loving dad,I surmises he not used to,sleepless nites,and PG chewing because of the teething..she he grows to be a fine young man, I feel PW and he will become best buds.
I'd add to that statement "that we've seen". TBH, before this tour, there was precious little released to the public about Will and Kate's interactions with George. There was a blurb put out not long ago that its William that gives him his bedtime bottle and puts him to bed and with what I've seen, I think both William and Kate are both very hands on parents and they're both very much involved with bringing up George through good times and bad.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine
Just an observation..

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
You are seeing a total of what barely 2 hours approx of footage out of 9 months of the child being alive? I'm sorry but your opinion has no evidence to back it up. Catherine is his mother, there is always a special bond between mother and child.
I understand what you are saying Lumutqueen, but then I've made a judgement on LadyCatherine just based on 2 posts.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I think too that George will be " spoilt" until a certain age and maybe until he will have another sibling.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that George is "spoiled" but I do think he's a very well adjusted, well loved, happy go lucky little kid. Most likely all the neat gifts that George has received down under will not ever be used and were given mostly as a remembrance of the visit to that certain spot. Yeps.. I can see it now... "Mummy? Fly me to Manly! I've an urge to do some surfing".
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
I understand what you are saying Lumutqueen, but then I've made a judgement on LadyCatherine just based on 2 posts.
William shows no signs of being a "true windsor" and leaving everything to Catherine, George shows no signs of being a temper tantrum child who is spoilt by his mother and Catherines shows all the signs of being a loving and caring mother. I believe we would have seen evidence of all three, had there been any to show, in the video footage we have seen.

LadyCatherine is judging William, Catherine and George on these sole features of which I am responding to, we're not having a chat about the daily news or weather.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

She is probably like all first mother's it can be described as ott I guess but I think more just the first born thing wait til they have others I think they are a reall yswet family William is a nice dad and she is doing her best here IMO.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say that George is "spoiled" but I do think he's a very well adjusted, well loved, happy go lucky little kid. Most likely all the neat gifts that George has received down under will not ever be used and were given mostly as a remembrance of the visit to that certain spot. Yeps.. I can see it now... "Mummy? Fly me to Manly! I've an urge to do some surfing".
There's surfing off of Cornwall. :) The balance bike he can use and I can see a six year old George taking Lupo for a spin in the little Sealegs in the back garden of BP where there is a lake. :)
Old 04-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 2h
After success of tour, Palace say an announcement on P. William’s new public service role is to be made soon. No full time royal duties yet!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

What is the difference between Royal duty, and public service?
What do they mean?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Public service is a government job.

Royal duties are duties undertaken on behalf of the monarch.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the explanation.
What type of government job could William do, being he is a member of the RF?
Good experience for him though.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Thanks for the explanation.
What type of government job could William do, being he is a member of the RF?
Good experience for him though.
Working for the foreign office has been the speculation so far.

I really like what William and Kate are doing here... I think he's trying to avoid becoming a full time royal until he becomes Prince of Wales, and instead he's focusing on work experience that will be relevant to his future role. Military, then some studies on estate management, now a stint doing public service, plus helping run the Royal Foundation. That's a pretty solid approach I think- no one will ever be able to say that he's done nothing but cut ribbons and kiss babies.

I hope that when William starts his next role, Kate announces a path for herself too. Maybe more patronages, or... my preference... a concentrated focus on children's hospices and spreading the hospice best practices. She seems to love it, and it's important work.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I would love to see Kate focus on children's hospices, because I agree with you, on their importance.
Don't forget that William does have his charities, that he takes very seriously , and that does him great credit too.

Closed Thread