The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I would expect nothing less from Martha Stewart, AdmirerUS!

Do we know if the Cambridges have left the UK yet? Maybe the tour thread could be opened now?
dont leave until c. 2140 local time.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Ah, thank you RoyalDaisy.

I'm sure Prince George's grandparents etc. are not looking forward to being without him for 3 weeks. When my mother goes 2-3 days without seeing her grandkids she starts going through withdrawal symptoms. I suppose George will probably have changed somewhat by the time he's back home.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 48m
Next up: #RoyalTour! William, Kate & George arrive in Wellington, NZ on Monday, 11:45am. (00:45am in London / 7:45pm Sunday ET & 4:45pm PT)

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Thanks for that Dman. I was just about to go and search for the time of their arrival and figure out what the time difference would be, it's as if you read my mind!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Majesty

Royal tour rifts won’t be repeated as William and Kate go Down Under:
As the Cambridges head Down Under, Christopher Wilson recalls the squabbles and strains that marked Charles and Diana’s fraught trip there 31 years ago-
Royal tour rifts won’t be repeated as William and Kate go Down Under - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Quote:
Ah, thank you RoyalDaisy.

I'm sure Prince George's grandparents etc. are not looking forward to being without him for 3 weeks. When my mother goes 2-3 days without seeing her grandkids she starts going through withdrawal symptoms. I suppose George will probably have changed somewhat by the time he's back home.
They can always Skype. It is 11 hr difference between Wellington and London so they can do it early morning there and night in the UK. George can see his grandparents and get in some time with Lupo who probably got dropped off in Buckleberry today.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Iluvbertie, I'm very surprised that there's no coverage of the tour in your area. I would've thought that most places in Australia have quite a lot of coverage, since I imagine that this tour is going to be quite 'big'.

Quote:
As Kate and William’s royal tour to Australia draws near, interest in the minute details of their schedule, childcare plans, and of course Kate’s wardrobe is reaching fever pitch.

A worldwide fashion icon, the Duchess’s wardrobe will be under even more scrutiny than usual as she embarks on her second official royal tour, seen by millions as an ambassador for British fashion.

As well as no doubt remaining loyal to some of her long standing favourite designers such as, Temperley, the 32-year-old has apparently also commissioned Ralph & Russo to design some of her pieces for the trip.
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge 'orders Ralph & Russo gown' | Mail Online
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They can always Skype. It is 11 hr difference between Wellington and London so they can do it early morning there and night in the UK. George can see his grandparents and get in some time with Lupo who probably got dropped off in Buckleberry today.
Yeah, we use Skype too when on holiday, but there's just nothing quite like scooping a little one up in your arms and giving them a big kiss. One of the few things the internet can't do for us, yet.

To those who are in the know on these things, who are you all following on twitter for updates etc? Clarence House doesn't tweet an awful lot. Who's worth keeping an eye on?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Why do you assume the dog will go to the Middletons? William has parents too.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Nobility

The people of Australia may not have knowledge of or interest in the royal visit, as we've been told, but the same cannot be said of the Kiwis! The Governor General's Facebook page is seeing traffic rising at 250% per week since he started posting details of the visit. Lest anyone assume otherwise, the vast majority of these new users of the GG's page are from NZ itself.

Governor-General's online popularity surge | Stuff.co.nz
Old 04-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

As they are now on their way, cant we open up the Tour thread?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Why do you assume the dog will go to the Middletons? William has parents too.
Who have a couple of Jack Russells and those are pretty hyper dogs who need to be constantly doing something. From what's been observed over the years, Lupo is pretty laid back, as Cocker Spaniels typically are. It wouldn't shock me to hear Lupo's w/The Middletons while the Family's gone. Just simply due to it being the better place for him to go both due to the Jack Russells and there would be far more freedom for Lupo to run around at the Farm than at Clarence House.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Nobility

I believe Lupo has stayed with the Middletons before. Didn't he stay with them while the Cambridges were with the Royal Family for Christmas? And maybe once before that?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Who have a couple of Jack Russells and those are pretty hyper dogs who need to be constantly doing something. From what's been observed over the years, Lupo is pretty laid back, as Cocker Spaniels typically are. It wouldn't shock me to hear Lupo's w/The Middletons while the Family's gone. Just simply due to it being the better place for him to go both due to the Jack Russells and there would be far more freedom for Lupo to run around at the Farm than at Clarence House.

I think Clarence House has large gardens but I'm not sure. Besides, Highgrove has lots of room and plenty of staff so even if Charles & Camilla are in London there would be people to look after a dog.

As for the jack Russells, Lupo might be used to them depending on how often they visit.

As Charles & Camilla are clearly dog lovers they would be ideal to look after an extra.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Royal Highness

The reason I think Lupo would be with Mike and Carole is that they don't have the busy schedule that Prince Charles has and would actually look after him instead of the servants. Plus he has spent several weeks with them before when George was a newborn and probably the last royal tour. Also Lupo's mum is the Middleton's dog so he is their grand dog :)
Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

I just read a car seat nowadays should be rear facing up to the age of two. I think in the UK now it's recommended to up to the age of one.

In NSW, where George will be in a week or so, it is rear-facing mandatory to six months and then either with rear-facing definitely recommended.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, we use Skype too when on holiday, but there's just nothing quite like scooping a little one up in your arms and giving them a big kiss. One of the few things the internet can't do for us, yet.

To those who are in the know on these things, who are you all following on twitter for updates etc? Clarence House doesn't tweet an awful lot. Who's worth keeping an eye on?
There are a few that are really good about updating. I follow - RoyalReporter, SkyNewsRoyal, Britishroyals, RegalEyes, HRHDuchesskate and WhatKateWore (for fashion).
Old 04-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The people of Australia may not have knowledge of or interest in the royal visit, as we've been told, but the same cannot be said of the Kiwis! The Governor General's Facebook page is seeing traffic rising at 250% per week since he started posting details of the visit. Lest anyone assume otherwise, the vast majority of these new users of the GG's page are from NZ itself.

Governor-General's online popularity surge | Stuff.co.nz
I skimmed the article, and admittedly have had a few glasses of wine with friends this evening so forgive my computations - I'm sure I'll be proven wrong by someone sober... but about 3,000 have liked or talked about the GG's page. Then I googled "population of New Zealand" and came up with 4.33 million or thereabouts. So this 250% surge either means that people are extremely interested in Will and Kate, or extremely uninterested in the GG of New Zealand - it all depends on what the number was before.. and after.

But earlier in the day I googled New Zealand Herald (which I read every now and again, believe it or not)... and the top story on Will and Kate was a piece on Kate's wardrobe ... 1 facebook share and 2 tweets about the article - hardly sounds like the people of NZ are interested, although granted, was about 7 a.m their time on Sunday morning. Nor sure how many more shared or tweets occurred as day wore on.

So I believe I Luv Bertie is about right - most people Down Under just don't care.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The reason I think Lupo would be with Mike and Carole is that they don't have the busy schedule that Prince Charles has and would actually look after him instead of the servants. Plus he has spent several weeks with them before when George was a newborn and probably the last royal tour. Also Lupo's mum is the Middleton's dog so he is their grand dog :)

Thank you for explaining Skippyboo. I wasn't aware the Middletons had a dog or it's relationship with W & K's dog. Your reasoning makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I skimmed the article, and admittedly have had a few glasses of wine with friends this evening so forgive my computations - I'm sure I'll be proven wrong by someone sober... but about 3,000 have liked or talked about the GG's page. Then I googled "population of New Zealand" and came up with 4.33 million or thereabouts. So this 250% surge either means that people are extremely interested in Will and Kate, or extremely uninterested in the GG of New Zealand - it all depends on what the number was before.. and after.

But earlier in the day I googled New Zealand Herald (which I read every now and again, believe it or not)... and the top story on Will and Kate was a piece on Kate's wardrobe ... 1 facebook share and 2 tweets about the article - hardly sounds like the people of NZ are interested, although granted, was about 7 a.m their time on Sunday morning. Nor sure how many more shared or tweets occurred as day wore on.

So I believe I Luv Bertie is about right - most people Down Under just don't care.

You are not so inebriated that very logical statistics have ceased to make sense. The numbers don't add up in this article, and the idea that they suggest that there really isn't that much interest Down Under is a logical conclusion if you just look at the population of New Zealand vs. the number of likes on this Facebook page.

Looking at some other Facebook pages - the GGs of Canada and Australia - none of them seem to have any sizeable following. I think these pages just aren't really what people follow on Facebook. If people are following politics related pages, they're inclined to follow the actual political parties or politicians, not the office of the GG.

Closed Thread