The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, I think with the way things seem to be going, a lot of the focus right now is on William putting his energies into learning, somewhat hands on, what his future role as the heir to the throne and then as monarch will entail. As I see it, if William is working in the FO, wouldn't that give him a good heads up and good reason to be in attendance at State Visits? It might also mean that he's attending in a more official capacity than just the grandson of the monarch and he looks good in a tux.

As far as more charitable patronages, its been stated on the website of the Royal Foundation:

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are recognised the world over and they are uniquely placed to help others. The Foundation is the culmination of their charity lives so far and will be the principal vehicle for Their Royal Highnesses' future charitable activities."

There are three divisions to the Royal Foundation. Armed Forces, Young People and Conservation. It looks to me like Harry is the one most involved with the Armed Forces aspect, Kate with the Young People (William also with Centrepoint) and William on the Conservation aspect although all three work together in all of these aspects. I think if there are new charities, they will fall under the umbrella of the Royal Foundation.

Old 03-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
We shall see what William & Catherine will do after the official tour...
I think you might wait a while. William the heir to the heir - they are still of limited seniority and frankly these things you want aren't simply lying around waiting to be picked up. there are less regiments now than at any time in the past and they dont choose patronages and "presidencies" - they get asked.

This isnt a one sided process and frankly there seems to be an unrealistic idea of what is available to them. Current royals need to give up stuff! And there is no sign of that

Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 PM
Majesty

I'm just stating that there should be some honorary military colonelships for Catherine to take on. She do a great job in forming a relationship with the Irish Guards but I think it's time for her to have an honorary role of her own. Also, there should be some more charitable patronages announced for her too.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

And I hope they wait till she becomes a full time royal before asking her. Commitment for commitment, as I see it.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 03-23-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm just stating that there should be some honorary military colonelships for Catherine to take on. She do a great job in forming a relationship with the Irish Guards but I think it's time for her to have an honorary role of her own. Also, there should be some more charitable patronages announced for her too.
Although its a grand idea to have members of the royal family have their honorary military regiments, in the future I think when it comes to things related to the Armed Forces, much like his grandfather who has definitely been known as an "old salt" or "old sea dog", I think it will be Harry that will be the front runner. I'm sure though that after William becomes the heir to the throne, honorary stuff will become more common place for both Wills and Kate.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although its a grand idea to have members of the royal family have their honorary military regiments, in the future I think when it comes to things related to the Armed Forces, much like his grandfather who has definitely been known as an "old salt" or "old sea dog", I think it will be Harry that will be the front runner. I'm sure though that after William becomes the heir to the throne, honorary stuff will become more common place for both Wills and Kate.
Well, William already have several honorary military appointments. I'm just waiting to hear of Catherine's appointments. I'm hoping that she will take on The Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. They haven't had a British royal Colonel-in-Chief for 18 years.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, William already have several honorary military appointments. I'm just waiting to hear of Catherine's appointments. I'm hoping that she will take on The Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. They haven't had a British royal Colonel-in-Chief for 18 years.
I forgot about that one. This will definitely be a good one for Kate once William becomes heir to the throne and Charles invests William as Prince of Wales. I don't see it happening though until then as right now Camilla is The Princess of Wales although she never uses that title.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I forgot about that one. This will definitely be a good one for Kate once William becomes heir to the throne and Charles invests William as Prince of Wales. I don't see it happening though until then as right now Camilla is The Princess of Wales although she never uses that title.
Then again we have to remember that the regiment was actually named in honour of Diana. I think it would be very appropriate for Catherine to take on the role and be Allied Colonels-in-Chief of the regiment with Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Then again we have to remember that the regiment was actually named in honour of Diana. I think it would be very appropriate for Catherine to take on the role and be Allied Colonels-in-Chief of the regiment with Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.
I think that would so cool too. It would really be a wonderful way to remember and carry on things in Diana's memory as the Cambridges and Harry have been shown to do. I think it would really mean something special to Kate.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Ive deleted my message because I've got conflicting info from 2 sources.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalDaisy View Post
I think you might wait a while. William the heir to the heir - they are still of limited seniority and frankly these things you want aren't simply lying around waiting to be picked up. there are less regiments now than at any time in the past and they dont choose patronages and "presidencies" - they get asked.

This isnt a one sided process and frankly there seems to be an unrealistic idea of what is available to them. Current royals need to give up stuff! And there is no sign of that
I bet on new requests they are asked far more than any other member of the royal family senior or not, with the exception of QE and DoE. Of course those that have an existing association with whomever in the family can hardly throw them over.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

3 colonels of the household divisions will eventually open up -Grenadiers (Philip), Scots (Duke of Kent) and Welsh (Charles). William will probably slide over to the Welsh when he is PoW.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Majesty

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 2h
Prince George gets his first magazine cover! Australia's @WomensWeeklyMag's April issue gears up for the royal tour pic.twitter.com/dCbwsw2Ewh

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Majesty

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official Mar 26
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were spotted entering Buckingham Palace. Kate was wearing a blue skirt and blazer - via @JoTaylor93

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 2 h @RoyalKateDebate he has light brown hair and "Middleton" eyes (says his mum)! A very handsome chap. And he was incredibly well-behaved.

Conversation about George < 3
Old 03-27-2014, 05:41 PM
Majesty

Can't wait to see the litlle crumb snatcher.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 03-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 2 h @RoyalKateDebate he has light brown hair and "Middleton" eyes (says his mum)! A very handsome chap. And he was incredibly well-behaved.

Conversation about George < 3
I've been wondering what color George's eyes are...I am guessing they are probably hazel like his mom.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate has green eyes
Old 03-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

Kate's eyes change color...in a lot of pics they are green but, in pics like the engagement photo they are grey. So, because I think they change they actually are hazel (they are green most of the time though).

Same. with my sister.. her eyes are hazel..but, they are green most of the time(not the same shade as kate's though)
Old 03-28-2014, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 2 h To those asking: George has dark blond/light brown hair, "Middleton" eyes (says Kate) and was wearing a Union Jack jumper when we met. #cute

Can't wait to see him!