General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its unfortunate that Kate is seen shopping but not working. Its always easy to claim that she 'works behind the scenes' but royal work is all about being seen in public and getting attention for the cause. It only adds to the lazy image.

I have to agree... If she can be seen shopping or walking in the street she can be seen visiting the charities IMO... It's all bad publicity for her...

I have to agree... If she can be seen shopping or walking in the street she can be seen visiting the charities IMO... It's all bad publicity for her...

The royals visit their charities to check up on it's progress in different periods of time and most likely already arranged or will be arranged in her official diary. August is usually slow on the royal front though.

yeah but this "sightings" are not new thing

Out of curiosity when will the maternity leave finish?

I thought in uk lasted one year

The "sightings" are Catherine running her errands on her private time.

I have no clue when her maternity leave is over. It's probably already over but I don't think the palace would announce it.

thanks... I was exactly thinking the same thing... It may have ended in july and after the holidays more events will be announced

Last edited by a moderator:
So Catherine is expected to stay hidden away unless she is doing something official?

Diana was out shopping and visiting friends and going to the gym and no one claimed she should not be seen unless doing something official.

The reason we seldom see reporting of sightings of Sophie or Anne out shopping is that they do not have the public and media attention.

The York sisters do very few official functions, but are seen out with friends and going to parties all the time and no one complains about their activities (and they has security)

I'm just reporting what twitter say... I think that (as a previous thread said) the fact that she is said to do thw work behind the scenes and no unofficial pic of that visits comes up makes someone have doubts.... I think the twitter meant that if she can easily be seen shopping and shopping she can be seen visiting the charities private, without photo operator...

...The York sisters do very few official functions, but are seen out with friends and going to parties all the time and no one complains about their activities (and they has security)
Have you been on the York sisters' forums? They get a lot of criticism for their activities, despite the fact that they both hold jobs instead of being working royals.

... And it's not true that Prince Harry does less work... many of his activities are not even listed in the CC... And what he is doing for the invictus games is amazing and in my opinion he has the potential and skills of appealing to people... :flowers::flowers::flowers:

It sounds very sarcastic IMO

I think the meaning is: she has time to go shopping a lot but not to work for her charities:ermm:

What's interesting is that while the Cambridges have voiced complaints about photographs of them in their private lives, they can't stop Instagram and Twitter. We no longer have a traditional press that can be controlled in some way.

What's interesting is that while the Cambridges have voiced complaints about photographs of them in their private lives, they can't stop Instagram and Twitter. We no longer have a traditional press that can be controlled in some way.

Most of the pics seems taken by bystanders or common people... and ot by paparazzi... ( I'm talking about pics of Kate shopping)... I don't know how the laws is about public streets:ermm:

I think it's great that Catherine is able to have a private life despite her being a senior royal. I remember that was a worry by many before she and William decided to get married. A great deal of people thought she wouldn't be able to have a private life outside of the palace gates and go about her day normally. That has been proven not the case. Catherine can not only be a high profile senior royal, but also, she can run her errands privately and without much trouble.

I agree here... She seems to be strong enough to handle all this.... After all you don't wait 8 years to get married if you are not used to this kind of life...

I agree here... She seems to be strong enough to handle all this.... After all you don't wait 8 years to get married if you are not used to this kind of life...

She's been through a lot since her courtship with William. She was harassed, her family was harassed and publicly trashed and her privacy was violated several times. Despite it all, she has remained dignified, poised, her head held high and accompanied with a smile. Is she perfect? No, but she always put her best foot forward and I admire her for it.

Kate is not subject to maternity leave because she doesnt work in the sense of being employed. If at all, she turns up for a few hours most of the time, she has various staff to look after George.

When I lived in the UK women could stay at home for 6 months paid, another 6 months unpaid, depending on what you can afford.

Well both CP Victoria and Prince Daniel split the maternity leave between them. It was discussed before the birth of their daughter and their government said they, like every other couple, were entitled to it. So, I guess it's possible the Cambridges have done exactly the same and good on them.

I am not a dyed in the wool Cambridge fan but it is a very good thing that they be seen to have the same rights as every other couple. We all accept that they are or can be role models so why not a model in this?

I think in this case we are talking about 3 months. George is over a year now, and still the maternity leave comes up because ... Kate has hardly been SEEN working.

Last edited:
I'm confused. What's the point of this tweet? Has she recently been seen at this store/restaurant? There's no context, it's just a link and then a dig about Kate not working.

NotWindsor is a very sarodnic twitter account... However this tweet seems to have come ater Kate was spotted several times shopping... (Accordin to private people)

Well both CP Victoria and Prince Daniel split the maternity leave between them. It was discussed before the birth of their daughter and their government said they, like every other couple, were entitled to it. So, I guess it's possible the Cambridges have done exactly the same and good on them.

I am not a dyed in the wool Cambridge fan but it is a very good thing that they be seen to have the same rights as every other couple. We all accept that they are or can be role models so why not a model in this?

In Britain both parents get 14 months of leave when they have a child? We're moving to Britain with a crate of ovulation kits!! :p

She's been through a lot since her courtship with William. She was harassed, her family was harassed and publicly trashed and her privacy was violated several times. Despite it all, she has remained dignified, poised, her head held high and accompanied with a smile. Is she perfect? No, but she always put her best foot forward and I admire her for it.

I admire Kate for having resisted all this and never reacted to the the sevaral defiances

...George is over a year now, and still the maternity leave comes up because ... Kate has hardly been SEEN working.
Well, no, Duke of Marmalade, in this case the maternity leave thing came up because someone asked. I don't recall having seen any sort of uproar about this subject until now.

NotWindsor is a very sarodnic twitter account... However this tweet seems to have come ater Kate was spotted several times shopping... (Accordin to private people)

Is the tweet in reference to Kate shopping last week, or was this another recent sighting? All the tweet contains is a link, so I have no idea what it's referencing. I think tweets from the person (or people) that spotted Kate (or just tweets that give more information), would be more useful than some random tweet that is unclear and without context.

This is one of the reasons why Harry says he hates twitter. He said it's a violation of his privacy. In fact, when the Daily Mirror published twitter photos of Harry and Cressida (at the theater), they complained that it invaded their privacy. The paper had to take down the photos and issue a public apology.

Last edited:
Is the tweet in reference to Kate shopping last week, or was this another recent sighting? All the tweet contains is a link, so I have no idea what it's referencing. I think tweets from the person (or people) that spotted Kate (or just tweets that give more information), would be more useful than some random tweet that is unclear and without context.

I don't know for sure but she was seen 3 or 4 times last week.... I have no link because people on internet simply tweeted it with an hashtag... No photos I guess

Anyone can tweet anything. Kate wasn't seen 3 or 4 times last week.

I don't know for sure but she was seen 3 or 4 times last week.... I have no link because people on internet simply tweeted it with an hashtag... No photos I guess

She was seen 3 or 4 times at the restaurant that person linked? I guess I'm trying to figure out why one of those tweets weren't linked, as opposed to a tweet from someone just making a dig about Kate.

She was seen 3 or 4 times at the restaurant that person linked? I guess I'm trying to figure out why one of those tweets weren't linked, as opposed to a tweet from someone just making a dig about Kate.

mmm sorry but maybe you are referring to another link:ermm:

which restaurant?

The link that was in your initial post. The Black Faced Sheep, is a restaurant, coffee shop and store. I made the reference to it being a restaurant and store in one of my other posts.

At The Sign of the Black Faced Sheep you will find a welcoming coffee shop and restaurant combined with an intriguing emporium, packed full of beautiful furniture, gifts and homeware carefully chosen to bring a little elegance and country into your living space

That's why I asked if the link from that tweet contained any other information beside the snarky comment. I was generally curious if Kate was seen shopping at this place 3 or 4 times, or if she was seen at other places.

Last edited:
Ah sorry I even didn't notice it! I thought I had posted only the tweet:bang:
Honestly I don't know:ermm:

I think she has been seen in difference places... I don't know anything about "the black sheep". I read she was seen at bicester village and buying some clothes for George

Please note that several posts that refer to another royal forum have been deleted. For reference, please note the following TRF rule:

• Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom