General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason they are not being sued is that the allegations are SO stupid that the people who matter (GB and NI and realms) know that they are not worth 2 or even 3 figs. If people in the US believe it, it still has no impact on the monarchy at all. None.

Even the DM is not repeating this rubbish. That should tell you how stupid it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Kate have to be invited by the Queen to attend Royal Ascot? Never seen her there to date? 17-21 June 2014.

Does Kate have to be invited by the Queen to attend Royal Ascot? Never seen her there to date? 17-21 June 2014.

I'm unsure if it's classed as a royal engagement or not. I imagine if she wanted to attend she could.

Royal Garden Parties are royal engagements.

Please note that discussion regarding Catherine's weight have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Yes, these solo trips will come up for her and even William. Catherine stepping up in her senior royal role is what I would like to see. If its all true, that's a step in the right direction.

I agree. It will be interesting to see how she will handle it!

Paisley schoolgirl gets a right royal surprise - Daily Record
A Paisley schoolgirl was treated like royalty after she sent a letter to the Duchess of Cambridge.

Six-year-old Hannah Larkin is a big fan of the Duchess, who was known as Kate Middleton before marrying Prince William, and decided to send her some fan mail.

The fashion-conscious Ferguslie Park youngster also posted drawings of two dresses she wanted to make for Kate.

And Hannah was thrilled when a response arrived from Kensington Palace to thank her for getting in touch.

Here's a link to the poll results that Newsweek based their article on.

http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-poll-what-britain-thinks-duchess-cambridge-273274

I thought the article had some good points. The poll results show that most people have a pretty positive view on Kate and think she has the potential to make a difference in the world.

While I thought the article was pretty informative, I didn't care for some of Greer's comments. Stating that Kate was made to get pregnant (and should say no to any future kids), is beyond ridiculous. And her comment about Kate not being able to even decorate her own home, is wrong. It's been stated numerous times that Kate has been in charge of the redecorating of both Kensington and Amner.

Last edited:
I think the article is positive towards Kate at least as far as public opinion is concerned. The public think of her as intelligent and an influence within the Monarchy.
The only negative and its not a negative when you think about it is women wouldn't trade places with her for all the tea in China which isn't a surprise at all considering the pressure and scrutiny Kate is under.

Last edited:
Of course the Scottish referendum and ISIS would have more interest than the Royal baby. I would frankly quite shocked if it wasn't. Oh look the poor media don't have another Diana. Thank God. :whistling:

Right? I mean, it's exciting that Kate is having a baby, but it's not more important than some of the other things going on in the world. I'd be a little frightened if people thought Kate's pregnancy was more important than ISIS or the Scottish referendum.

I think the article is positive towards Kate at least as far as public opinion is concerned. The public think of her as intelligent and an influence within the Monarchy.
The only negative and its not a negative when you think about it is women wouldn't trade places with her for all the tea in China which isn't a surprise at all considering the pressure and scrutiny Kate is under.

Yeah, I agree. I don't see it as a negative. I like Kate, but I would never in a million years want to trade places with her (or any of the other popular royal ladies). Sure she gets to live in castles and wear beautiful clothes, but the amount of pressure and scrutiny she is under has to be unbearable. I don't think I could withstand the constant watch over my stomach and the negative comments about my body, clothes and marriage.

Last edited:
As for the fairy tale is over rubbish. Well that is only natural that after the Royal Wedding, Diamond Jubillee, Birth of Prince George, that things get a bit muted now.

General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

I don't understand the feminist Greer's complaints- why cant a women choose what they want to do ? Mike didn't sell Kate to the royal family in exchange for a dowry and title like in the olden days. Kate made the choice to get married and have kids. Just like another women can choose to have a career.

As for Kate being too thin- look at her sister and mum -they are thin too maybe she has a high metabolism.

Who does the writer think decorated Amner and KP 1A? Navy Suit All the Time William? Lupo? The Queens Corgis?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
I think this article just shows a more mature relationship between the public and the BRF in general and Kate in particular.
The monarchy will welcome this poll result as the numbers reflect very favourably on Kate as an individual.

Last edited:
She cannot have a feminist narrative, as anything vaguely political said by the family is viewed as outside their role. Can you imagine her being allowed to say something as "bold" as "Women have a role to serve in the economy of our country." (said with heavy irony folks)

Is anyone actually surprised at this article? She can't win. It's the position the Prince of Wales has been in for decades. Must wait placidly until fate intervenes. Wait, wait, wait. Live your life but never comment.

The Duchess of Cambridge: How Britain Stopped Believing in the Royal Fairytale-
http://www.newsweek.com/2014/10/03/...stopped-believing-royal-fairytale-273100.html

I think this may get a conversation going.

I stopped reading after the author apparently missed the fact in the introductory question - the foundation of the rest of the survey- 32% of people said they don't want to be Catherine but they would like to be friends with her. That is nearly equal to the people who said "none of the above," not a surprising answer in a poll whose rep sample was 50% male.

If you take this answer into consideration, that answers the question of why people don't want to be Kate but still think she's intelligent, capable and a good role model. They may not want the life of duty, pretension, and press harassment but they don't mind the people in that life already.

Seriously, this woman is a moron.

She's her own woman, and I sense, she'll have more to say about the issues she really care about.

I found Greer harsh and judgmental. I also don't see what all the emphasis is on her college diploma. She is very bright but as far as I can tell she hasn't really done anything with her I level of education. And I'm speaking before she got married. But to me that's okay that's her choice her focus was to be married and she is . now she's raising her family. I don't get why feminism means that we all have to make the same choices. Why do woman keep putting down each other 's life choice.

I guess there is a, very vocal, group within feminism that’s just as bad as really conservatives. In stead of saying „you have to stay at home, care for the children and your husband” they say „you have to get a job, you have to be financially independent, etc”. Either group don’t really care about what women themselves want. It’s all about them.

I am very conservative (probably ultra conservative by European standards)...however I don't think you have to stay home. Yes I think it's best for the family (children) if the mom can stay home....however I am fully aware it's not always possible and parents do the best they can.

So let's not stereotype either side of the spectrum.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom