General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't the bells ring for Camilla's birthday?

Interesting with the Abbey bell ringing for birthdays- Queen, Philip, All their kids plus Queen and Philip wedding anniversary. Plus Kate, William and George birthdays. Maybe the Dean took a shine to the Cambridges during their wedding build up.

Why don't the bells ring for Camilla's birthday?

None of her descendants will be a future monarch.

No Harry either.

Only the Queen, her spouse, their children, William, Kate and George.

While I understand why Camilla is omitted, I think it's a mistake. Yes, she didn't provide genetic material to a future king (as the DoE and Catherine have), but she is the future Queen consort.

While I understand why Camilla is omitted, I think it's a mistake. Yes, she didn't provide genetic material to a future king (as the DoE and Catherine have), but she is the future Queen consort.

Does Camilla being 'Queen' Consort really have to come up in every thread? Including General News and Info of Other People?

Does Camilla being 'Queen' Consort really have to come up in every thread? Including General News and Info of Other People?

I can't see why not. After all, barring death, revolution or legislation, she will be Queen.

Pray tell, what does that have anything at all to do with Kate's current events thread?

It was mentioned that the bells at the abbey were rung for Catherine and noted that other than the DoE, she's the only royal spouse who gets such an honour - leading to the question I why Camilla is excluded.

My comment was not an attempt to open up the consort discussion again, I didn't even read it that way before sending it. It was merely a "as she is married to an individual who is in the direct line, like Catherine, I think she should get the honour, even though she didn't birth another member in the direct line."

I find that a lot of topics can be interrelated when discussing the royal family, so a segue into talking about another royal isn't unusual from my POV. I had been wondering myself why Camilla doesn't get that birthday honor.

Let's get back on topic...the Duchess of Cambridge.

I wasn't sure which thread to post this in, if this isn't the correct thread then please feel free to move.

The Duchess of Cambridge has helped to transform the finances of her husband’s charitable foundation, but the “Kate effect” appears to be giving her father-in-law a boost as well.
Mandrake can disclose that the turnover of the Prince of Wales’s company has increased by almost £1 million in the past year, as interest in the Royal family increased after Kate Middleton’s marriage to Prince William and with the birth of Prince George.
A G Carrick, the firm that sells Prince Charles’s goods at his three shops and on the Highgrove website, had a turnover of £4.98 million last year, an increase of 24 per cent on 2012.

Kate Middleton increases profits for Prince Charles - Telegraph

God knows how they can link that specifically to William's and Catherine's marriage.

God knows how they can link that specifically to William's and Catherine's marriage.

Per the article:
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s popularity has given the Royal family a lift in general,” says a courtier. Charles has capitalised on this by selling ranges of souvenirs at his shops commemorating the royal wedding and George’s birth.

Yes because the 24% increase in sales has specifically come from selling wedding merchandise and George's birth. I don't think so.

In 2012 there was thing called the Diamond Jubilee. I would like to see 2011 figures the year of wedding. :whistling:

Kate Middleton: 1,000 days as a Duchess:
AS she gets used to a new home, a new child and a new life for her husband Kate Middleton reaches a significant royal milestone today…
Kate Middleton celebrates 1,000 days as Duchess of Cambridge | Life | Life & Style | Daily Express

Although I can't wait for Catherine to become a fulltime working royal, I think Catherine has done a great job in her royal role so far. She's not only a great support to William but she's doing a great job in carving out a role for herself. She's a new mother and that's where her attention is but she's also willing to learn the ropes form her grandmother-in-law, The Queen. I like how she's willing to accompany Her Majesty on official engagements and that The Queen is more than willing to share the engagements with her.

I continue to wish Catherine all the blessings in the world and look forward to what she'll be doing next as HRH The Duchess of Cambridge and future Queen Consort.

Personally I am very disappointed in the lack of work from Kate, her dress sense - she regularly has the dress fly up for instance when most women in a public role would realise it can happen and do something (maybe she enjoys showing off her figure and thinks that is appropriate behaviour for a future Queen, the lack of patronages at this stage of her life as a royal and the lack of engagement when on them.

She has achieved the only important role in giving birth to the future king so she knows her future is secure but she hasn't won over the public completely due to her lack of work and the excuses made for her.

She has a long way to go to earn my respect.

I never like Diana but I did respect that fact that she did get her hands dirty with royal work, as did Sarah but not Kate - she has done virtually nothing to admire. Any 32 year old whose only achievement is to have one child since leaving university would be criticised from here to kingdom come except Kate.

Personally I am very disappointed in the lack of work from Kate, her dress sense - she regularly has the dress fly up for instance when most women in a public role would realise it can happen and do something (maybe she enjoys showing off her figure and thinks that is appropriate behaviour for a future Queen, the lack of patronages at this stage of her life as a royal and the lack of engagement when on them.

She has achieved the only important role in giving birth to the future king so she knows her future is secure but she hasn't won over the public completely due to her lack of work and the excuses made for her.

She has a long way to go to earn my respect.

I never like Diana but I did respect that fact that she did get her hands dirty with royal work, as did Sarah but not Kate - she has done virtually nothing to admire. Any 32 year old whose only achievement is to have one child since leaving university would be criticised from here to kingdom come except Kate.

I second everything you say! Perfectly summed up my opinion of Catherine as well. :flowers:

But you're comparing the former Princess of Wales who was married to the heir to the throne, to a woman who is not Princess of Wales and is married to the heir to the heir. Isn't that a little unfair?

But you're comparing the former Princess of Wales who was married to the heir to the throne, to a woman who is not Princess of Wales and is married to the heir to the heir. Isn't that a little unfair?

Bertie mentioned Sarah who was in the same position as Catherine until William came along, technically and from Bertie's explanation it doesn't appear to be a comparison but an observation. Catherine is the most prominent lady in the royal family, as was Diana at the time, and has done barely anything. Like Bertie said Diana "worked for her title".

I totally agree that Catherine could be doing more and its one of the reasons why I think her and William should become fulltime royals this year. Other than that, I think she has done a great job on what she's done so far.

I'm looking forward to her charitable patronages expanding, her military appointments and her participation in State events with the royal family.

As Richard Palmer pointed out in the article, what Catherine do next is based on William's next move. I'm still trying to figure out what's he trying to do, ease into fulltime royal duties or putting it off for a little while longer?

Bertie mentioned Sarah who was in the same position as Catherine until William came along, technically and from Bertie's explanation it doesn't appear to be a comparison but an observation. Catherine is the most prominent lady in the royal family, as was Diana at the time, and has done barely anything. Like Bertie said Diana "worked for her title".

I responded to only the part of her post that compares Kate to Diana. And I wouldn't say that Sarah Ferguson was in the same position as Kate. Sarah Ferguson was married to a son of the Queen. Kate is married to a grandson of the Queen.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Diana didn't do much her first couple of hers as the Princess of Wales. Neither did Sarah as the Duke of York

I responded to only the part of her post that compares Kate to Diana. And I wouldn't say that Sarah Ferguson was in the same position as Kate. Sarah Ferguson was married to a son of the Queen. Kate is married to a grandson of the Queen.

You mentioned that Bertie was comparing Catherine and Diana, when Catherine is not in the same position as Diana. She is currently in the same position as Sarah, married to the second in the line to the throne.

I found the Express article interesting in that it mentions getting away from talking about frocks and rocks, and focusing on the issues that the royals support. And that is something I agree with.

I also agree with some of the criticism of Catherine and her lack of work ethic. Comparisons with Diana are not fair because Diana did not work flat out as some suggest, and she also had a full complement of staff, but changing perceptions of events 25 years ago is futile.

I think that the main issue is William. The Royal Prince and Duke who wants to live a "normal life". Well he cant unless he gives it all up and the sooner he understands that the better. Drifting about trying to come up with a worthwhile job to do is ridiculous when there is one waiting to be done. He is acting like a spoilt child.

RIchard Palmer says that what Catherine does depends on William's next move, but it has always depended on what William does.

They need to get on with royal duties. Catherine needs to add to her patronages and get out there, while there is still interest and charities can benefit.

Im disappointed but responsibility for the current state of affairs does not just lie with Catherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom