The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 12:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There isn't a good place for it because there really isn't one. Its the kind of thing that doesn't warrant being repeated. IMO of course.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There isn't a good place for it because there really isn't one. Its the kind of thing that doesn't warrant being repeated. IMO of course.

I think it's information worth knowing on royal forums when the person who said it is the US President, someone likely to meet William and Kate in an official capacity at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 01-28-2017, 01:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Actually, the statement was made back at the time that the photographs were printed long before Trump threw his hat in the ring to run for President. It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on his position as President of the United States and the diplomatic relationship between the US and the UK.

That statement by Trump was issued on September 17, 2012. It does not reflect him in his role as president in my book.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, the statement was made back at the time that the photographs were printed long before Trump threw his hat in the ring to run for President. It has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on his position as President of the United States and the diplomatic relationship between the US and the UK.

That statement by Trump was issued on September 17, 2012. It does not reflect him in his role as president in my book.

Personal views of people in government and diplomatic roles that have been expressed publicly are part of the historical record and go into evaluating relationships between public figures.

I'm not suggesting everyone freak out and see this tweet from 2012 as a threat to US/UK diplomatic relationships, merely suggesting that it's a degrading thing to have said, especially by a current US president about a current senior member of the royal family, and that it might one day make state dinner conversation a bit awkward.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

I suppose you have a point there. It happens every now and then just like each time there is something going on with China, the media will dig up the statement that Charles made calling the Communist Chinese leaders in 1997 "appalling old waxworks". Come to think of it, Charles even sued the Mail over it. Then again, Charles' comments were made, I believe, in private whereas Trump's were on social media.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...blishing.china

I don't think, however, it will make for any kind of an awkward situation. It was an off the cuff remark made by a man that most likely didn't know the extent of the furor over the photographs and like millions of other men, appreciate the female form.

Perhaps that is another big detriment to being so focused on by the public and the media. Don't do anything at all and you're lazy and boring. Any little thing you think, do or say that can be twisted around against you will never be forgotten. Such is life in a fishbowl.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's time to drop it, because the topic won't go anywhere.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-28-2017, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Eh- it appears that a few writers are picking up on it- that tweet circulated earlier today.

http://www.elle.com/culture/celebrit...c=socialflowTW

Old 01-28-2017, 04:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Eh- it appears that a few writers are picking up on it- that tweet circulated earlier today.

Donald Trump's Gross Kate Middleton Tweet From 2012 - Donald Trump's Twitter History

Yes, I know. I just think it should be dropped here. Some folks like when he talk nasty and some folks don't like it all. So it'll just lead to an endless and senseless debate.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-28-2017, 04:22 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Quite. Further posts on this matter will be removed by the moderators.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Majesty

Here's the link to Historic Royal Palaces for anyone interested in buying a Kate colouring book.

Colour In Kate (Colouring Book) I Historic Royal Palaces Shop
Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cambridge sends thank you cards | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think the "Kate Effect" triggered the brands downfall, but the designer bringing in Camilla Al-Fayed helped bring it down.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-21-2017, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don't think the "Kate Effect" triggered the brands downfall, but the designer bringing in Camilla Al-Fayed helped bring it down.
I agree. Sure, the fast interest is hard to handle, but selling a majority share to a person in direct contradiction with what gave you that boost was a bad buissness decision.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

When did Kate stop wearing Issa? Was it right after the engagement or further along ? Once Kate becomes engaged, she has access to more higher end designers.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
When did Kate stop wearing Issa? Was it right after the engagement or further along ? Once Kate becomes engaged, she has access to more higher end designers.
She wore it in Canada and such. She stopped wearing it when Issa got a new owner which is related to Dodi (I think Dodi's father blamed the royal family for Dodis death and called Phillip Nazi and stuff)
Old 02-23-2017, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Duchess of Cambridge watched from the sky by drones during royal visit | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hmmmm very interesting.

LaRae
Old 02-26-2017, 05:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
This is kind of like the outrage over Kate not going to St Patrick's Day with the Irish Guards. The media loves this event because there are usually great shots of Kate. Here is Kate with soldiers, with a giant dog etc. I don't remember massive coverage of this event when Anne was passing out the shamrocks after the Queen Mum passed.

So last year, it announced that only William will attend. William who is the actual royal colonel of the Irish Guards. The Irish Guards didn't have a British royal as its colonel until William so that why other royals had to give out the shamrocks. Then after the event happens there is massive media outrage that Kate did not attend and broke a unbroken line of royal women passing out the shamrocks.
Nice and all as it must be to have a Royal female - be it of blood, like Anne or marriage like Kate do the presenting, I'm guessing the guys were more than happy to have William do the honours! If I was a member I know I would!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:29 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

At almost 100 pages, it's time for a new thread:
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family