General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very nice retrospective. I really like the Jenny Packham gown, and the colors of the other evening dresses are really beautiful on Kate.

Last edited:
My favorites out of that list are the coats that she wore to Prince Philip's 90th Birthday service, and on Garter Day.

It shall be great to see the Duchess of Cambridge at the Remembrance Day services & ceremonies and also at Sandringham with the rest of the BRF for Christmas and Boxing day church services.

:flowers:

I wonder if her parents and siblings shall join her, the Duke of Cambridge and the rest of BRF at Sandringham for the christmas holidays?

I wonder if her parents and siblings shall join her, the Duke of Cambridge and the rest of BRF at Sandringham for the christmas holidays?

I also wonder if they will be there at all, if William's working I don't see Catherine attending on her own. Even if they do attend, they may do a Charles and Camilla thing, attend Sandringham for lunch and church then take the afternoon to see the Middletons.

My favorites out of that list are the coats that she wore to Prince Philip's 90th Birthday service, and on Garter Day.

those coats are my fave too! especialy one from Prince Phillip´s Birthday service

:previous: Interesting; I'm sure Kate's art history degree will give her a good advantage here.

Last edited:
I guess every modern girl interested in fashion would love to be on the cover of Vogue...maybe the Queen doesn´t want her to because of Princess Diana and her over-exposure in the press? Kate has not talked a lot to the press or had photo-shootings for fashion magazines as far as I know...but I would be delighted to see pictures of the Duchess by Mario Testino because he made such adorable pictures of Lady Diana in Kensington Palace!

Princess Beatrice has posed for the cover of Vogue...or was it Tatler?

^ Tatler. So did Eugenie.

Zara has posed for Tatler as well. Tatler looks like it may be the preferred choice to me.

It could be premature at this point for Kate to pose on the cover of magazines; that's probably not fitting into the agenda of keeping low-key and in the background at this point. Most likely, later on when she's more in the public eye will she consider doing this. And Tatler might be the better choice if she does so.

Princess Beatrice has posed for the cover of Vogue...or was it Tatler?

Woah, I did not know that. Nor did I know Eugenie and Zara had done it either. I guess Catherine can do it now, haha. Joking aside, I am not sure it would be a wise move so soon after joining "The Firm", no matter how good she would look or how it would help boost the magazine sales.

:ermm: And the motive for Catherine on the front cover is ?.........................money !

Woah, I did not know that. Nor did I know Eugenie and Zara had done it either. I guess Catherine can do it now, haha. Joking aside, I am not sure it would be a wise move so soon after joining "The Firm", no matter how good she would look or how it would help boost the magazine sales.

I didn't know that either. I agree with you about Catherine posing for covers of magazines being a rather unwise move. She's new to the RF and her time is being better spent doing research on what charities she'd like to take on. There's plenty of time for photo shoots and magazine covers.

I'd be extremely surprised if Catherine posed for a magazine cover now.

She should pose for a official royal portrait first with a tiara and her sash. Why post for a magazine cover when she's typically on every magazine covers whenever she's out and about??

Does Catherine have a sash? I don't think she has received any orders. An official portrait would be nice to see.

Mermaid1962 said:
Does Catherine have a sash? I don't think she has received any orders. An official portrait would be nice to see.

I've never seen William in a sash so I doubt Catherine has one. Official portraits for the Jubilee may appear.

I've never seen Zara, Beatrice or Eugenie pose for official portraits and they graced the covers of Tatler.

The Prince of Wales is wearing a blue sash too (Order of the Garter).
Is there a different sash for the Prince of Wales? I can't find no image of it.

agami.pearl Thanks for your reply! I newer saw Prince Charles wearing other then blue one. For Catherine, we have to wait and see.

All of the Queens children as well as Prince William have the order of the Garter and wear its star and sash with uniforms and white tie formal wear. Before Anne, Andrew or Edward received the Garter they wore the Royal Victorian Order as Sophie and Prince Michael do now. It will probably be some time before Catherine receives an order of knighthood. Most likely she will receive the Royal Family Order in the next couple of years before she receives a knighthood. Diana and Sarah never received a knighthood and only Diana had the family order. Camilla has the family order but not as yet a knighthood.
Charles sometimes wears the sash of of the Orde rof the Bath in his capacity as Grand Master of the Order.
When men wear the collar of an order they do not also wear the sash of that order so you will occassionally see Charles or Philip wearing the sash of the Order of the Thistle when wearing the Garter collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom