The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Nobility

General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

All I did was read the headline of the article, and that's all I'm going to read. It sounds: trivial, petty, pathetic, trashy, and pretty irrelevant.

News would be something along the lines of a drunk driving accident.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:05 PM
Royal Highness

This is a person hawking a book. These types of stories are regularly posted in C&C thread including for this book.

IMO, these articles and books are not worth reading.

There should be a forum in the library section for books or articles that are pure fiction.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:13 AM
Majesty

Kate Middleton 'still terrified of putting a foot wrong' despite five years of royal marriage - Mirror Online
Old 04-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Majesty magazine says Kate Middleton's 'boring image' her biggest mistake | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
The highly respected royal biographer said: "I think she's integrated extremely well. It's not easy - not a lot of guidance - but of course she has the best teacher in William.
Ingrid Seward highly respected? Don't make me laugh.
Quote:
Ms Seward, a friend of William's late mother Princess Diana, suggested it had been perhaps inevitable that the couple would face some criticism after almost universally positive media coverage for so long.

She said: "The timing was right for a couple of blips to happen. They were so much on top of the pedestal there was only one way and that was down."
It was the media who decided that the only way was down. Most experts have actually been very supportive to both William and Kate.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, I don't blame her for being "terrified" of getting things wrong. The British media don't give royals the room to make a few mistakes or allow the royals to really speak their minds. If she did that, the snobbish British media would rip her a new hole.

I really don't think Catherine is given the same opportunities as her royal counterparts are given. I guess her only choice is to be a bit "boring." She's doing a good job though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-28-2016, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted some posts. Please stay on topic, this thread isn't about Kate's fashion.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

For other Aussies ...on sunrise 7 in the morning special on Will and Kate. Set your recorders. 💐

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
For other Aussies ...on sunrise 7 in the morning special on Will and Kate. Set your recorders. ��

Thanks for the heads-up royal rob - just watched it.

Rob Jobson saying the next big tour will happen this autumn - with both children, to Canada.

(Not announced yet, but that's the talk behind the scenes.)

Interesting how the British bookmakers - in the last twenty-four hours - have suspended betting on a third baby, due to the heavy wagers being made.

Speculation that some-one in the know wants to make some money.

Rob said that one of the photographers on the recent India and Bhutan tour, at the drinks reception with the travelling media, asked the Duchess how her marriage was going - but she just smiled and didn't reply.

He also said Catherine was noticeably more at ease and relaxed on this tour, than she was for the Oz/NZ trip.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

A tour to Canada is all the talk here. The head of the monarchist league of Canada said he's heard from both people in London and Ottawa that it's happening
Old 04-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think she would get pregnant with so much happening this year and considering how sick she gets. But who knows there's always surprises! I know about them! They are the best kind.
I wish they let someone who knows a bit more about the royals do these interviews. Kochi has no clue at all.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just hope Catherine gets an honor this year.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts concerning the Duchess of Cambridge's style and title have been moved to the following thread:

Questions about British Styles and Titles
Old 05-23-2016, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton is praised for her camera skills by the Queen's photographer | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-23-2016, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts concerning Catherine's fashion have been moved to the following thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1891863
Old 05-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I expect more for the New York Times. Who knew they were a foursome?
"and royals (the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton)." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/fa...ity-cause.html
Old 05-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts concerning the relationship between the Duchess of Cambridge and the Princesses of York have been moved to the following thread:

Relationships between Members of the British Royal Family
Old 05-28-2016, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
"and royals (the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton)." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/fa...ity-cause.html
It does look funny, but it is actually an appositive, renaming the Duke and Duchess as William and Kate, so that everyone knows who is meant. My 8th grade English teacher drilled this into my head over and over!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-31-2016, 04:04 PM
Nobility

Etiquette expert William Hanson says the Royal Family have become too normal | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It is quite common, and grammatically correct, way of introducing people. Its not strange to see things like 'the prime minister and first lady of Canada, Justin and Sophie Trudeau'. The writer simply doesn't assume everyone knows who Will and Kate are, so introduce them with their titles as well as their names. Nothing wrong with how this was written.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

Unsurprising. Although not sure there is anything really 'normal' about living in palaces and meeting heads of state.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, kate middleton, lady kitty, princess diana, spencer family