General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For other Aussies ...on sunrise 7 in the morning special on Will and Kate. Set your recorders. ��

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Thanks for the heads-up royal rob - just watched it.

Rob Jobson saying the next big tour will happen this autumn - with both children, to Canada.

(Not announced yet, but that's the talk behind the scenes.)

Interesting how the British bookmakers - in the last twenty-four hours - have suspended betting on a third baby, due to the heavy wagers being made.

Speculation that some-one in the know wants to make some money.

Rob said that one of the photographers on the recent India and Bhutan tour, at the drinks reception with the travelling media, asked the Duchess how her marriage was going - but she just smiled and didn't reply.

He also said Catherine was noticeably more at ease and relaxed on this tour, than she was for the Oz/NZ trip.

Last edited:
A tour to Canada is all the talk here. The head of the monarchist league of Canada said he's heard from both people in London and Ottawa that it's happening

I don't think she would get pregnant with so much happening this year and considering how sick she gets. But who knows there's always surprises! I know about them! They are the best kind.
I wish they let someone who knows a bit more about the royals do these interviews. Kochi has no clue at all.

I just hope Catherine gets an honor this year.

I expect more for the New York Times. Who knew they were a foursome?
"and royals (the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton)." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/fashion/elephants-celebrity-cause.html :ermm:

It is quite common, and grammatically correct, way of introducing people. Its not strange to see things like 'the prime minister and first lady of Canada, Justin and Sophie Trudeau'. The writer simply doesn't assume everyone knows who Will and Kate are, so introduce them with their titles as well as their names. Nothing wrong with how this was written.

I half agree with William Hanson, the bloke in the (History Girl's link) to the article about normality and royals, that it is a problem, not just in the BRF but with younger royals elsewhere. Sometimes I agree with Duc when he says on other threads that younger people will increasingly look at royal families and say 'Well, you're just like us. Why are we giving you all this money/privilege/respect...?'

Last edited:
Royalty have always been normal people, but with titles, privileges and money. One can't expect the royals to act like the royals of the past. The younger royals are brought up in a modern age. If they acted too high and mighty, everyone would accuse them of living on a different planet.

I think the person who wrote those comments have been watching too many seasons of Game of Thrones.

True. It requires a balance. Both extremes would be detrimental to the monarchy. If they can't find that balance, then trouble may arise in the future. However, at the moment, I don't truly see any real problem.

This is from the New Idea magazine in Australia (the one that caused Harry's first tour of duty in Afghanistan to be cut short.) I'm posting it because I'm curious to know where they sourced this story from, and I've a faint idea (not the DM or British tabloids, I think.)

Wills' fury! Kate's day out with a flirty friend - New Idea

Poor Nicole she really cops it from these trashy mags either getting divorced or having twins every week Anyway sorry back to the topic he's a good looking man so I guess they can make up any amount of rubbish from a couple of snaps.

Is it confirmed that The Duchess will attend Wimbledon this year, if so, which days?

Her wardrobe isn't exactly cutting edge but when it comes to style icons, Kate Middleton is the fashionista women in the UK most want to emulate.

The FROW (Fashion Front Row) at London Fashion Week, which kicks off on Monday, will see a stream of celebrities taking a pew, clad in the latest designer gear.

However, according to new research, the likes of Suki Waterhouse and Cara Delevingne are not a patch on the Duchess of Cambridge when it comes to influencing the masses about what to wear.
Read more: Kate Middleton voted UK's most influential style icon ahead of London Fashion Week | Daily Mail Online

So I learned earlier this week - from a British celebrity who sat next to her at a wedding - that the Duchess of Cambridge does indeed eat lamb chops.

But, not too much.

Catherine offered to swap with this chap, when her's was three times bigger than his.

And now I've learnt - from Mrs Obama's makeup artist - that the Duchess recommended a natural botox-like product to the First Lady of the US.

And Michelle is using it regularly to great effect.

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" has the details.

And maybe I need to get out more now the weather is getting better.

But I do like these little snippets just the same. :lol:

Last edited:
Elsewhere on a Duke of Cambridge thread, he's been called out for saying she's a wonderful mother and there is some discussion of that. Since I want to comment on her, I'm putting this here.
One way I assess the wonderfullness of any parent, is their ability to deal in a practical and expeditious way with the various fluids that come out of their children. It's a sign that, as a parent, you are up close and personal to the everyday bits of raising your little persons.
We've seen Catherine use expensive frocks and her own hand to wipe away the drool and nose dribble of the Cambridge kids. A woman who leaves the care and maintenance of her children entirely in the hands of her nanny and housekeeper would not do that.
She may have help, but every time I have seen her with the children she has appeared to me to be a completely hands on Mom who does not call "Nanny" ever time a child requires attention. You can be both hands on and have help, it's not an either/or situation.
There are no perfect Moms, and I am sure Catherine is not ideal. But I am equally sure that when she is not working, she is there with her kids and their needs.
Thanks for allowing me to get that off my chest. :flowers:

One sing that shows how George and Charlotte are taken care of thier mother is ther stretching their arms to Kate, how the looked for her in every public situation we have seen. That speaks volumes imo.

Yep..anytime I see her with the kids it just confirms that she is a very hands on parent. If she's taking grief about using Nannies etc...then so should every woman who uses childcare.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom