General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting they did Mustique's Shark Cave dive - an advanced drift dive with schools of black tip reef sharks.
I think the tabloids just discovered that Catherine is certified, but I bet she's been so for awhile. The Middleton's have vacationed in Mustique for years haven't they, ample time for all of their kids to become divers if so inclined.
The deal with sharks and being in the ocean is the same as various animals and being in the wilderness on land.
I'll give a couple of examples: for most of the year the many deer that roam through my mom's California town are harmless and they shy away when I walk by, however, in the fall during the rut, I give the males a wide berth as they can be aggressive. I also know that very rarely (every couple of years) a mountain lion kills one of those deer somewhere in town, and mountain lions definitely will attack and kill humans - yet I still wander around the area. Last summer I ran into a Mountain Lion while camping in Big Sur. I've also seen bears almost every time I visit Yosemite. I still visit these places because any risk from wild animals is small, especially if I am alert and aware.
The marine environment is no different than land, most of the animals, including most sharks, are harmless and the dive operators who run scuba trips in Mustique know what marine animals are likely to be where and whether they are of concern.
I wonder, do the Cambridge's protection officers have to be scuba certified and go on the dives too?

For all our civilization and culture, the wild side of life isn't that far away at times sndral - I'm happy to live in a lion-free environment though. :lol:

Makes sense if the Duchess has been doing this for years - I'm always a bit amazed at how physical her sister is with all the bike-rides and marathons - so maybe a long time activity.

I hope the protection guys don't have to take it on though - not everyone's cup of tea. I'd need a pay-rise it that turned up on the job requirements.

Why is she called Kate Middleton?
Why?

Kate Middleton has more Google/search engine hits (74.4 million) than Duchess of Cambridge does (27.4 million).

'Kate' is also easier and quicker to type then 'Duchess' - both of which will, most of the time, automatically bring up the suggestion 'Kate Middleton' and 'Duchess of Cambridge' respectively when using the Google search bar.

The media calls her Kate Middleton because, after almost a decade-long courtship, that is what the public knows her as/will refer to her as when they are searching the internet for her. The media goes where the hits are, as hits = money.

^^^ Everytime you post a story by Richard Kay or Sebastian Shakespeare you say the same thing lol.

He's been around since the Diana years, if you don't know his MO by now, you never will.

General News and Information for the Duchess of Cambridge

Everybody in the BRF disappears this time of year and in January. There is nothing to write about thus we get killer trees and stupid stories. Soon there will be a story on how many weeks Harry has spent in the UK vs out of country.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Someone seriously needs to give Kay some cheese to go with his whine.

^^^ Everytime you post a story by Richard Kay or Sebastian Shakespeare you say the same thing lol.

And don't forget Ephraim Hardcastle.

I am of course a supporter of a free media and I respect those (journalists / people) who have a different opinion than me, but Ephraim and Seb and some of their colleagues are not reliable.

They write the most ridiculous things, such as, the Queen doesn't like Charles, she doesn't like Camilla, she wants William on the throne in stead of Charles, she wants William and Kate at the State Opening of Parliament in stead of Charles and Camilla, Charles will not use the Glass Coach because it reminds him of Diana (something I know is wrong because he and Camilla used it as late as 2013) etc etc.

The two are not to be trusted, and Richard Kay is such a big fan of Diana, that he sees her as a saint. In his eyes, she has no mistakes. This is one of the reasons why he does not respect or tolerate Charles and Camilla, and this is also one of the reasons to why he is a bad journalist.

Last edited:
The two are not to be trusted, and Richard Kay is such a big fan of Diana, that he sees her as a saint. In his eyes, she has no mistakes. This is one of the reasons why he does not respect or tolerate Charles and Camilla, and this is also one of the reasons to why he is a bad journalist.

Lets not forget the fact that Diana was Kay's cash cow and lined his pockets. Its sad that even to this day, he's still using her for his own purposes. He would love to be able to have Kate as his Diana: The Sequel and perhaps the fact that it will never happen is why he writes and alludes to the fallacies that he does.

Lets not forget the fact that Diana was Kay's cash cow and lined his pockets. Its sad that even to this day, he's still using her for his own purposes. He would love to be able to have Kate as his Diana: The Sequel and perhaps the fact that it will never happen is why he writes and alludes to the fallacies that he does.

I agree with you, but the problem is that people believe in it. They even believe in that ridiculous Ephraim / Seb nonsense.

It's August, slow royal news and appearances, and we're used to it, but I can't believe the media made such a big deal out of Catherine not attending an insignificant wedding. They made it seem like she never missed a friends wedding in her life. I mean they really milked her non-attendance to death. Just dumb.

I'll be glad when the Cambridge's official engagements starts back again. Everyone will move on.

Holly is a fan.

Britain's Duchess of Cambridge has the "Grace Kelly" affect.

The 33-year old royal - who gave birth to her second child, Princess Charlotte, in May this year - is as "elegant" as the fashionable American actress who became the Princess of Monaco in the late '50s, according to TV presenter Holly Willoughby.

Holly, 34, gushed: "Look at the pictures from the christening, she's incredible. The way she just floated out in that white dress, pushing the pram. She was born for that role. She's so elegant and gracefull, as if she's from another time. She's got that Grace Kelly thing."
Read more: Duchess Kate Has 'That Grace Kelly Thing'

A new portrait of the Duchess is going around - and a very nice one, much prefer it to some previous ones.

(On my tablet, can't link - but it will be everywhere soon I think, if you're interested.)

A new portrait of the Duchess is going around - and a very nice one, much prefer it to some previous ones.

(On my tablet, can't link - but it will be everywhere soon I think, if you're interested.)

I think it got posted in the Royal Portraits thread (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...sh-royals-4539.html?highlight=royal+portraits) . Who's the artist, SunLion? There were 3 portraits in that post - none with much detail.

More: The SOAP work http://www.isthisthefuture.com/kate-middleton-airbrush-portrait-by-graffiti-artist-soap/

Hazel Morgan: http://www.hazelmorgan.com/test-portrait-gallery/

Robert Hannaford: http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001...rine-duchess-of-cambridge-by-robert-hannaford

Last edited:

The one I saw AdmirerUS, was the Hazel Morgan one - thanks for posting it.

I'm sure some very informed art types would label it as "chocolate box".

But the saying is, "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like".

And that's what I like. Ugly art isn't for me.

Last edited:
The one I saw AdmirerUS, was the Hazel Morgan one - thanks for posting it.

I'm sure some very informed art types would label it as "chocolate box".

But the saying is, "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like".

And that's what I like. Ugly art isn't for me.

I'm not an art expert either, but I too like the Hazel Morgan portrait.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Cambridge is to recieved her first Honour - The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth ll.

A diamond brooch with an ivory plaque on a yellow ribbon.

This is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the Royal Family.

Can't link from my tablet, but a lovely article in the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" - "Kate the great healer", by Angela Levin.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge is to recieved her first Honour - The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth ll.

A diamond brooch with an ivory plaque on a yellow ribbon.

This is the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the Royal Family.

I expected it soon- where's the source for this?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

(picks herself off the ground and back into her chair) Stop jumping for joy so much Dman! You're causing earthquakes! :D

This is incredible news and I'm sure there'll be official confirmation sooner or later. One thing that this honor does suggest to me though is that Kate will have the honor to wear to the Chinese state dinner and most likely was a prime reason to be given it at this time.

Things are looking good.

I expected it soon- where's the source for this?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Sorry HRHHermione - I'm always on a tablet and my internet connection drops out suddenly at times, so I start a post, then go back in and add to it.

(I got caught once too often with a big type up that dissapeared just before I got it sent.)

Angela Levin has written a book - and the "Mail on Sunday"/"Daily Mail-Mail Online" has just posted a very positive article about the Duke and Duchess taken from it - "Kate the great healer".

Angela's book is due out on September 2nd., and is titled "Babies: Kate, William and the Repair of a Broken Family".

And Anmer Hall has been nick-named the "baby bunker". :lol:

Last edited:
Angela Levin has a story in the Mail on Sunday. In the article she states Kate is to be presented with the order and will wear it at the Chinese state banquet.

Last edited:
Since they never announce when a RFO is given, she could have received it in the past 2 years. She didn't have one at the Diplomatic reception in early December 2013 and there hasn't been a state occasion with a tiara for Kate until she goes to a state dinner which is hopefully this October. The blip in the mail says the RFO is for "first division senior female royals" but all the older Royal females except Princess Michael has one. The York Girls could have one in theory just never the opportunity to wear it.

Sarah, Duchess of York didn't receive it. I doubt the girls have it. Its a given Kate either has it or will get it.

All the older royal females who have it are "first division senior female royals" in the Queen's eyes.

Last edited:
If this is indeed true, then I'm thrilled for Catherine, but if not, I'm sure she'll receive it at some point. She is doing a fabulous job representing the Royal Family, so she definitely deserves it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

How Kate Middleton banished William's ghosts | Daily Mail Online
The Queen plans to celebrate her milestone next month – when she becomes the longest-reigning Monarch – by honouring the Duchess of Cambridge.

Kate will receive the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II – the highest honour that can be bestowed upon a female member of the family.

The 33-year-old Duchess is the only senior member not to wear a family honour.

A source said: ‘It is an honour reserved for first division female Royals.’ Sophie Wessex has one, as does the Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne.

The insignia is a diamond- encrusted brooch featuring an ivory plaque of the Queen wearing the Order of the Garter and bearing the Royal cypher. It is worn on a yellow ribbon.

Kate is expected to wear hers to a State dinner when the Chinese president Xi Jinping visits the UK in October.

Glaring error in that Mail article about Nanny Maria being kept in the background for George's christening-hello,she wasn't hired yet .Jessie Webb was there and walked out with Mike Middleton.

(picks herself off the ground and back into her chair) Stop jumping for joy so much Dman! You're causing earthquakes! :D

This is incredible news and I'm sure there'll be official confirmation sooner or later. One thing that this honor does suggest to me though is that Kate will have the honor to wear to the Chinese state dinner and most likely was a prime reason to be given it at this time.

Things are looking good.

Again, you know me, Osipi :ROFLMAO: Can't jump at the moment, due to a toothache, but I suspect she's already received her RFO.

Catherine deserves her honors. No just because she's a senior member of the royal family, but because she has worked hard on behalf of the Monarch, Firm and Country. I may think she could step up a little more, but she's done a beautiful job as William's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom