General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes, exactly. A lot of women would give their eye-teeth for hair like Kate's. It's a wonderful feature to have, and this is the time of life to enjoy it most. There are a lot of things that can be done with long hair. I've always had short hair, and sometimes I'd just love to be able to put it up in something elegant.:flowers:

Kate looks fine with her long hair, in a way it's how she is known and when the tine comes that she wants a hair cut then she will get one, I dont think she would ever let it grow up to her derier, that would be going too far, and I guess the only hair snipping is her ends.

I like style and variation in long hair since the length lends itself to versatility and would love to see Kate avail herself of different hairstyles. But I think she can afford to trim a few inches off her length; it's certainly gotten longer and she wouldn't sacrifice a lot by doing so.

Last edited:
Kate's hair isn't even long, it is below the shoulder length. I've seen women who have fallen into the trend of having hair to the mid back and it is usually very beautiful to see. I am stunned by anyone who thinks Kate should cut her hair at all; not only is it messing with a good thing but since when is below the shoulder hair "too long". Long hair when done right is beautiful and fantastic to look at, the only thing Kate could do is take advantage of the length and style it in different ways.

If she cuts her hair the tabs will jump on the "something must be wrong between Will & Kate" bandwagon.

I believe that Catherine has a lot of natural curl in her hair( and fuzz) so it could be hard to control if she cut it.

Artemisia said:
Forgive me your Royal Hairness but it's time for the chop!
I am often among those who don't like Kate's less than creative ways with her hair; it's basically the same style nearly on all occasions.
However, after reading this article I have a sudden urge to defend Kate: it's her hair - if she likes it long, why should she chop them?

True... And what if the prince likes her hair that way!!!!!

I really like her brown jacket. She looks nice :)

Heat magazine apology to Duchess of Cambridge for photo
Celebrity magazine Heat has apologised to the Duchess of Cambridge after publishing a photograph of her shopping at a supermarket last year. The Press Complaints Commission (PCC) said it had received a complaint from solicitors after the photograph was published in December.
On one hand, I'm glad William and Kate guard their privacy.
Then again, if they continue this less than friendly relations with the press, the latter might eventually turn against them.

I tend to agree. Prince William's contempt for the press, and particularly photographers, is well known.

I think the reason that they chose to complain about this instance is that Will and Kate have a kind of unwritten agreement with the British press that they will be pretty much left alone while on Anglesey. The press have never gone into detail about where their house is located, for example, even though they know where it is. Photos like the shopping one and when they were walking Lupo on the beach, essentially contravene that agreement. When Kate's in London, it's a different kettle of fish and we see photos of her regularly when she goes to the capital to shop.

It's all rather futile, though, even though most of the British press won't publish the Anglesey photos (except Heat on this occasion) they will have been sold to foreign publications who aren't under any duty to sing Clarence House's tune. They also end up on the internet so people in the UK can end up seeing them anyway.

But, I think that William especially feels that he has to at least dry and draw a line where he can.

I suppose he's choosing his battles wisely; he knows he can't stop the photographers from taking pictures, of course, but when it comes to photos on Anglesey, he's putting his foot down about the invasion of privacy at their private residence.

Last edited:
I think that as a young couple they do need the privacy at this time, and am glad they guard it. William will always view the press with a jaundiced eye, and who can blame him?

I did like seeing the photos of Kate grocery shopping. I think photos of them as a down-to-earth, ordinary no-nonsense, no-pretensions pair will only add to their popularity.

I do like Kate, and I hope that her role evolves somewhat similar to that of the Queen Mother (without some of the more controversial things I have read about her personality, but Kate does not seem to share those traits).

Im glad that the magazine apologised for the photo, at least they know they were wrong. On the other hand I think it is unrealistic to think that there wont be any pictures at all even whilst living in Angelsey. I know they expect more privacy when they are there but do you really think all of the paparazzi are going to abide by thier wishes? The privacy issue is important but I think to most the sales of magazines and photos of the couple will win out every time unless the paparazzi somehow miraculously attain morals or a heart for that matter.

Im glad that the magazine apologised for the photo, at least they know they were wrong. On the other hand I think it is unrealistic to think that there wont be any pictures at all even whilst living in Angelsey. I know they expect more privacy when they are there but do you really think all of the paparazzi are going to abide by thier wishes? The privacy issue is important but I think to most the sales of magazines and photos of the couple will win out every time unless the paparazzi somehow miraculously attain morals or a heart for that matter.

You're absolutely correct. It is all about selling papers/magazines and making a profit. However, I think judging by lack of photos from Anglesey in recent months, we can at least think that the press is abiding by the wishes of the Duke of Cambridge. The press is not stupid. They know they need to be on William's good side, or else they'll be getting even fewer pictures and photo ops, so they give him what he wants for the time being, with hope that once he and his wife are full-time working member of the Royal Family, they'll be willing to allow more pictures of themselves. Of course, once children come into the picture, it'll be a whole different ball game, because I have a feeling William won't be sticking them in front of the camera at any opportunity. He strikes me as a very private person; someone who wants to protect not just his own privacy, but privacy of those whom he loves. His children will be on that list, right alongside their mother, and he'll do whatever needs to be done to give them a childhood that is as normal as possible (most likely one that has a couple of family photo shoots during the year, with the rest of the time being off limits when it comes to picture-taking).

I tend to agree. Prince William's contempt for the press, and particularly photographers, is well known.

I think the reason that they chose to complain about this instance is that Will and Kate have a kind of unwritten agreement with the British press that they will be pretty much left alone while on Anglesey. The press have never gone into detail about where their house is located, for example, even though they know where it is.

Wasn't there a picture of their Anglesey house puhlished the Vanity Fair issue last year that covered their wedding? I still have that issue and there is a pic in there that is captioned as though the pic is of their Anglesely house. I remember thinking that quite odd because I thought there was an agreement between the Cambridges and the press not to published a picture of it.

I remember seeing something similar in the 'Daily Mail' couple of weeks back. I think it's great that she exercises without the help of personal trainer. Though it's wonderful if one can afford it, it's not always necessary. She has the equipment (which doesn't appear to be that difficult to obtain) and the discipline to keep up her regimen on daily basis (heaven knows I don't have that kind of discipline, so I don't invest in any exercise gadgets, but I do try to walk forty to eighty blocks couple of times a week to keep in somewhat of a decent shape).

I think Kate runs as well as part of her exercise routine, but walking is the best exercise - at least for me- and those are a lot of long city blocks you walk, Daria. Good for you!

I think Kate runs as well as part of her exercise routine, but walking is the best exercise - at least for me- and those are a lot of long city blocks you walk, Daria. Good for you!

Well, my destination is Barnes & Noble on West 82nd, which is about forty blocks from where I live, so if I want to go and hang out in a book store, I make myself walk there and back. Walking is the best exercise, because it doesn't tire you out as much as running does, but it still gives you that cardio work out you need.

Yes. I did wonder how she was able to go from a little chunky to totally trim before the wedding. Maybe its just me but I recall seeing her those times before her marriage and she was not that slender. Seems she began doing something because the engagement pictures and the interview showed she was losing wieght. I thought maybe it was from nerves or stress with all that was going on in the planning and organizing. Well I have to say she has managed to keep up with it without starving herself. Good for her. :)

I don't know how these princesses manage to be so trim with all of the banqueting, etc, that they have to do. I suppose it is discipline, discipline, discipline.

I don't know how these princesses manage to be so trim with all of the banqueting, etc, that they have to do. I suppose it is discipline, discipline, discipline.

Many years ago, I remember reading about how HM maintained her weight. There was something about a rather strict diet during the month of January each year, and also something about using lemon juice and pepper rather than salt. This is a very old fragment of memory, so I have no idea whether it was true or if the magazine was just making it up!

Kate hasn't looked chunky to me since her college days and even then it seemed to just be in her face.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge get SAS training
Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge have been receiving SAS anti-kidnap training. The move comes admit fears that they will be targeted during the Jubilee and London Olympics. The royal couple apparently made a number of visits to the SAS headquarters in Hereford to learn what to do if terrorists try to snatch them.

And a request to Mods: would it be possible to change the title of this thread to "General Information on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge"? :)
Sometimes there is information about Prince William that doesn't fit into current events thread, but since this is dedicated to Kate only, it doesn't fit here either.

I thought they already took SAS training soon after their marriage; I remember reading that. This must then be a refresher course teaching some beefed-up skills.

I thought they already took SAS training soon after their marriage; I remember reading that. This must then be a refresher course teaching some beefed-up skills.
I remember reading about it as well.
Maybe this is a modified and adjusted course to specifically tackle threats during Diamond Jubilee and Olympics. Or, this might be another made up story. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom