General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that the photographer managed to catch Charlotte smiling - no easy task with such a young child.

Yes to me William is keeping an eye on George, I have a feeling this is common!

I agree with Dman. Mothers are usually the backbone of the family, main caretaker of the children. Looks totally normal to me. LaRae

I agree here. :flowers: Makes perfect sense that the children are around Catherine. The picture is so charming mainly because of William's exceptionally vigilant posture. He's the one who can move quickly regarding George, as Kate has the infant in arms. I see total engagement from all of them, keeping in mind that this was a candid photo, not a posed studio tableau. They got what they got and this snap-shot is particularly attractive. I agree with their choice and am glad they shared it with the public. :flowers:

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
It took photog Chris Jelf 25min to capture several images of the Cambridge family. Like all babies, Charlotte was unhappy by the last 10min.

Lupo was also in the background of the Cambridge family photoshoot but didn't make the final cut. (The Sun)

Cambridge Christmas photographer Chris Jelf shares that Prince George kept pushing his red train around the garden during the shoot.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge delighted the pupils of Forest school when they sent a special Christmas card to the young children.

The Christmas cards were in response to handmade cards sent by the reception classes, the Rabbits and the Squirrels.

Earlier this month the young pupils sent William, Kate, Prince George and Princess Charlotte handmade cards to wish the family a happy Christmas.

Master in Charge of the Pre-Preparatory, Paul Faulkner was delighted with the response and said: "The children were very excited to receive the reply from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge."
Read more: Prince William and Kate bring cheer to children from Forest children

What a beautiful family photo. I assumed they were just going to release one of George and Charlotte, so it was a nice surprise to see one of the whole family.

How insulting to call Prince William a lackey and he obeys his wife....I think they have shown the world that they work together as a team.

From all I've heard about William, I find it difficult to conceive of him "obeying" anybody!

He has been known to be difficult in some ways.

(I once read that the press prefers when Kate is present, because William is easier to deal with when she is there. Doesn't sound to me as if she rules the roost, but more like she is a soothing influence).

Kate definitely a soothing influence on William. Remember during their South Asian tour and the photos came out. He was seething but Kate calmed him down.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Yep Skippyboo that came right to mind too....when the pics broke you could see her in the car trying to smooth things over.

I think she is a very leveling influence for William.

LaRae

:previous:
I am sorry but I don't know much about that time period. I see them as a team working hard and enjoying their family as it should be. I think William has seen and suffered a lot his life with the media and has some reservations about them yet he seems to handle them well. He does it better then I would for he has to be nice to them, and I don't..:lol: ah, freedom of choice.

2012 William and Kate were on a jubilee tour of South Asia going to Singapore, Malaysia, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu. The topless pictures of Kate sunbathing at a private villa in South of France were published by a French magazine. The Cambridges were on tour so they had to go one with day's events in Kuala Lumpur if I remember correctly. Looking at the footage of William, he was clearly upset and Kate had to calm him down.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Not just topless though...some nude shots. William was visibly upset...you could see in the car that Kate was calming him down before the event.

They sued the photographer and won IIRC.

LaRae

From all I've heard about William, I find it difficult to conceive of him "obeying" anybody!

He has been known to be difficult in some ways.

(I once read that the press prefers when Kate is present, because William is easier to deal with when she is there. Doesn't sound to me as if she rules the roost, but more like she is a soothing influence).

I agree 100% with what you are saying here, Mirabel. :flowers: Pretty much what I have heard, too.

William has always been known for having a stubborn streak and I think once he makes up him mind about something, he pretty much stands by what he believes and isn't easily swayed. He's also shown himself to be fiercely protective and I don't think he suffers fools gladly.

Difficult? I would think that description of him would rest with the person that is dealing with William at the time. He's a difficult personage to deal with if you're a member of the media trying to cajole him into a photo or reaction. He's standing firmly on his own two feet if you're the protection detail and William has certain rules that guard his privacy. These, of course, are hypothetical situations of my invention.

William is who he is and unless we know each and every detail of his life both public and private, I don't think we can really hang labels on him. I do agree though that Kate balances Wills out and that's probably a good part of why they're such an excellent team together.

Oh ugh...trying to create drama, awful people.

LaRae

The media like to base current British Royal relationships off of Charles & Diana for some odd reason. That couple had their own set of problems. It's totally unfair to put that on William & Catherine. The media naturally/unfairly focus on the women, but I don't see that as a problem for the Cambridge's.

There are many definitions of love but I think one of the best descriptions I've ever hears if "Love allows the other person to be the best possible person they can be".

For me, this describes Will and Kate from what I know about them. We see it in how they interact with each other. We see it in pictures of them with their family. We see them both shine in their accomplishments whether they are together or flying solo. This is a couple that have formed a rock solid basis of friendship, trust, love and deep caring for the other's well being and that makes for a pretty formidable team. In this kind of solid relationship, there is no need for one-up-man-ship as there is no competition (this excludes the playful competition we've seen that's all in good fun). There is no need to hold on too tightly to the other as love encompasses their differences and allows them to be expressed and gives cause for the other to express pride in their spouse.

Of course, like all couples the world over, I imagine they have their "I love you but I'm not liking you too much right now" days but those days disappear pretty fast and are forgotten. Nothing to emblazon all over the tabloids. Both Will and Kate hold fast to their privacy and present a united front no matter where they go and these tabloids and their writers have to be seen for what they are. Vultures descending to pick up on any obscure tidbit to create a story out of nothing.

We're just lucky to be able to recognize it for the drivel it is.

As I was reading the article, the thing that struck me was this:
(Cannily, courtiers placed Kate beside President Xi Jinping for the meal, fully aware that the proximity to the royal superstar would be interpreted by the Chinese as a great honour — as well as a great photo opportunity.)

Is the author unaware that, as the second-highest lady present, that was Kate's preordained place? Or is the author banking on her readers being ignorant that, without Camilla there, there was no other option but to place Kate there? (If there were any machinations by courtiers, it was in ensuring that K&W were there and C&C weren't.)

Frankly, based on the other articles I've seen from CO, I'd bet on the first.

Is the author unaware that, as the second-highest lady present, that was Kate's preordained place? Or is the author banking on her readers being ignorant that, without Camilla there, there was no other option but to place Kate there? (If there were any machinations by courtiers, it was in ensuring that K&W were there and C&C weren't.)

The whole article is banking on those to be ignorant.

I think the author forgot that the Duchess of Cornwall being the senior of royal ladies after Her Majesty didn't attend the reception and the Duchess of Cambridge being the next senior lady was seated there. :bang::bang::bang:

Why nitpick on a relationship that doesn't need to be done so

I wish the media would recognize that Catherine is not only doing her job as William's wife, and mother, but carving a role for herself as a senior member of the royal family. Her confidence has grown tremendously since marring into the royal family. I don't see William worrying about her popularity, but couldn't be more proud of her, her accomplishments, and how she has tackled this massive task of being royal. It's no easy task, but she's now beginning to own her role.

Let's not bleat each time Kate Middleton's smile slips*writes PETER MCKAY | Daily Mail Online

The Duchess of Cambridge was photographed giving Prince William ‘a mildly disapproving look’

Another question arose at the weekend: is William now less interesting to the public than Kate?
They posed for a family Christmas card with their children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, but two newspapers deleted William from the picture they published.

Why? Because he looked like ‘an after-thought in his own family Christmas Card’, suggested the Mail’s Catherine Ostler.

Another pointless article imo but I do agree with this

As the top royal stars after HM and Philip, William and Kate are bound to be closely scrutinised.

The most negative comments I’ve ever heard about the Royals have come from posh types who exchange high-class gossip about them but would never utter the mildest criticism in public.

Given the role in our history that they’ll play, William and Kate are obviously of great interest as people; but — despite all that is written — we know next to nothing about them.

In contrast to his late mother, Diana, and father, Prince Charles, William, to his credit, does not appear obsessively interested in shaping his public image.

Neither does Kate, other than being seen as a (usually) smiling royal presence, keen only to balance her responsibilities as a mother with her duties to the monarchy.

Last edited:
It's insane how the media is so desperate for a story. They took a picture of this couple during a small chat about how they were going to accept flowers from the well-wishers on Christmas, and turned it into a totally different story. That's just an insane thing to do.

It's insane how the media is so desperate for a story. They took a picture of this couple during a small chat about how they were going to accept flowers from the well-wishers on Christmas, and turned it into a totally different story. That's just an insane thing to do.

What is even more insane is that there are people that buy into this stuff. The media has quickly picked up on that fact and is making money off of them.

Doing another glance over at the photo of Kate giving William "the look", I didn't see it at all. Perhaps to avoid the media's penchant to put words behind a split second that is in a photograph, they should bring back the "death masks" of medieval times and have smiley faces painted on them to hide any inner emotion or feelings these people might have.

As far as William being an "afterthought" in his own holiday card, I don't see that either. It wasn't meant to be a stiff, formal portrait but rather a family outdoors. Mom relaxing holding Charlotte and George with a gleam in his eye ready to take off on the next grand adventure and Daddy in position to enjoy it with him. It looks more like a something for the family photo album that was decided on for their cards than posing with the card in mind.

Last edited:
What is a stand-out is even a back-handed 'compliment' to William is used to denigrate Charles. :rolleyes: Tiresome.

Last edited:
Sadly, there are more stories like this to come. The Cambridge's happy marriage will not continue to satisfy the media's hunger for drama and marriage problems. No marriage is perfect, and this couple will have their ups and downs, but the media is now on the lookout for any sign of a down face or less than happy faces. They already took a beautiful family picture and turned into a distant family portrait.

Let's just be happy for the Cambridge's and continue to pray for them.

William and Catherine aren't worried. They know how the press operates. If we listened to the newspapers, W&K would never have married in the first place.

The press tried this with Edward and Sophie as well. Thankfully you can't make drama where none exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom