General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also... they're not in scotland and now it's reported that they are not excpected until after the weekend... We know he worked yesterday (or was it the day before that?) so he's still on his schedule as well, can't just go to Scotland alll willy-nilly if you're working!

Yes, we know. I just don't think he's interested in events like that, even if he was in Scotland and free to go. He probably hear enough of bagpipes already.

Several bickering, argumentative posts (and off-topic posts) have been removed or edited. If members wish to conduct an argumentative discussion, which serves only to disrupt the thread and is wholly unfair on other posters, please do so via Private Message or not at all.

Last edited:
The big dinner rumor seems so out of character for the Queen. Especially when you consider how she became Queen with her beloved father dying.

I'm puzzled by your comment. :huh: How does a family dinner in Scotland have to do with how she became Queen?

Last edited:
I'm puzzled by your comment. :huh: How does a family dinner in Scotland have to do with how she became Queen?

It seems that some of the media has speculated that there was to be a grand celebratory dinner at Balmoral to mark the Queen's becoming the longest reigning British monarch. It seems to some of us that this kind of thing is out of character for HM as she's reportedly didn't want a big fuss made over it. I'm sure there will be family dinners and barbeques and outdoor activities as there always have been but no big grand celebration.

One thing that must stand out in HM's memory is just how she became Queen in the first place. It was because of the death of her beloved father in February 1952. Its been stated several places I can recall that HM stays at Sandringham at least until after the anniversary of her father's death. They had many good years and good times at Sandringham and those are the memories that HM holds dear.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

I don't even think Victoria even had a grand dinner to celebrate when she became longest reigning monarch although The Tsar Nicholas was visiting but I don't it was a state visit.

But Queen Elizabeth Succeeded her Father while Victoria succeeded her Uncle

Last edited:
I don't think the meant to make it seem like there would be a grand celebration dinner for this important event. The way I took it, The Queen is just inviting the Cambridge's to Balmoral, like she do all the time. Of course the folks are going to have dinner.

Very modern royals. They do themselves proud this couple. The monarchy is in safe hands.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will soon begin juggling parental duties, royal events and William's air ambulance job for the first time in earnest.

William and Kate have enjoyed the summer with their two young children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, and the coming months will be the first substantial period the couple will have combined family life with public and work commitments.

The Duke will be flying helicopter missions, undertaking official engagements in support of the Queen and his charitable interests, and looking after his two young children with Kate.

William has now settled into his job as a helicopter pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance and has flown a variety of missions in a number of different conditions.
Read more: ​The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to juggle parental duties, royal events and William's job | Western Daily Press

BBC news just announced, live from Balmoral that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are in Balmoral with H.M.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge arrived at Balmoral this afternoon on the eve of the Queen's magnificent milestone. #LongestReigningMonarch

Can we dare to hope for a new family picture?

I wonder if they would do a new picture, maybe not if Charles is not there?

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Maybe Kate takes a picture of the Queen and Philip holding George and Charlotte?

We really don't know who is at Balmoral. Are Peter and family still there? Camilla doesn't appear to be there. Charles is at the Dumfries House. Where are Wessexes? So maybe no big family picture- save it for 90th birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Maybe Kate takes a picture of the Queen and Philip holding George and Charlotte?

We really don't know who is at Balmoral. Are Peter and family still there? Camilla doesn't appear to be there. Charles is at the Dumfries House. Where are Wessexes? So maybe no big family picture- save it for 90th birthday.

Nicola Sturgeon (First Minister for Scotland) has been at Balmoral. She left during 8th September.

Wessexes, Princess Royal, DoY are in England. So is D of Cornwall as she has an engagement on 9th (presenting medals).

According to the Sunday Times there is no "big dinner" or event at Balmoral.

But there are planes and trains and automobiles so it could all change.

Seems even more special William and Catherine have been invited to join HM on such a special day.
She is obviously very fond of them.

I think the Queen is very proud of William and Kate and she has good reason to be.

LaRae

I'm sure the Queen is very proud of all her family. She has no more reason to be proud of William and Kate than she does of her other grandchildren. Harry has served his country in a theatre of war, Peter and Autumn seem to have as good a family life as do William and Kate, Zara is an Olympic medalist and Mike a world champion, Eugenie seems to be getting on with her career in the same way William is with his.

If William and Kate are there at this time then its probably because it fits in with William's schedule. Even if they are in Scotland, how do we know they are at Balmoral rather than at Birkhall with Charles.

I'm sure the Queen is very proud of all her family. She has no more reason to be proud of William and Kate than she does of her other grandchildren. Harry has served his country in a theatre of war, Peter and Autumn seem to have as good a family life as do William and Kate, Zara is an Olympic medalist and Mike a world champion, Eugenie seems to be getting on with her career in the same way William is with his.

If William and Kate are there at this time then its probably because it fits in with William's schedule. Even if they are in Scotland, how do we know they are at Balmoral rather than at Birkhall with Charles.

I believe it was announced on the BBC that the Cambridge's have arrived at Balmoral.

I believe it was announced on the BBC that the Cambridge's have arrived at Balmoral.

Thank you Dman. I understand Birkhall is on the Balmoral estate so it is quite possible the Cambridges are staying at either Birkhall or Balmoral.

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror
The Queen is expected to dine with William and Kate at Balmoral tonight but it won't be a special celebration, just a dinner

Rudolph it is assumed the DOE will be there too or just the Queen?

LaRae

Saying the Queen is proud of Kate and William does not in anyway indicate she is not proud of all of the grandkids. No need for all the qualifiers.

LaRae

Thank you Dman. I understand Birkhall is on the Balmoral estate so it is quite possible the Cambridges are staying at either Birkhall or Balmoral.

Charles is at Dumfries House today so it seems unlikely that Cambridges would stay at Birkhall without William's father being there and his grandparents being in residence at Balmoral which has plenty of room for them.

When Queen Elizabeth arrived at Balmoral Castle on Wednesday afternoon after her outing to open a new rail line on her record-breaking day, she kicked back with two future kings.

Prince William and Princess Kate – and their children Prince George and Princess Charlotte – have joined her at Balmoral, PEOPLE confirms. It is believed they arrived late Tuesday. (And it is 4-month-old Charlotte's inaugural trip there!)

The young royal family is in Scotland for their annual break in the highlands. But this is a particularly poignant moment as two of her immediate three heirs – William, 33, and 2-year-old George – are alongside her as the 89-year-old monarch becomes the longest-reigning monarch in British history.
Read more: Princess Kate and Prince William Join Queen Elizabeth for Her Milestone Day : People.com

That's funny. British papers call Catherine everything from 'Duchess Kate' , 'Kate Middleton' to 'Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge' none of which are correct but as soon as 'Princess Kate' is used people get all bent out of shape.

Not going to discuss titles here though. I think its lovely the Cambridges are able to be with Her Majesty on this special day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom