General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
William and Kate have to try and deal with two distinct arms of the media. The "legitimate" press which, especially in the UK, can still be very pushy and willing to test boundaries, and the international press, including paparazzi, who are willing to do anything, including break laws and put peoples' lives at risk, to get their pictures.

I don't see why the BRF would even try to negotiate with these people. The past few years of very clear boundaries, including legal action if necessary, have worked out well for the royals. William and Kate are more in control of their image and private lives than any royals have been since The Queen and Prince Philip were young - why would they give any of that up?

William and Kate have to try and deal with two distinct arms of the media. The "legitimate" press which, especially in the UK, can still be very pushy and willing to test boundaries, and the international press, including paparazzi, who are willing to do anything, including break laws and put peoples' lives at risk, to get their pictures.

I don't see why the BRF would even try to negotiate with these people. The past few years of very clear boundaries, including legal action if necessary, have worked out well for the royals. William and Kate are more in control of their image and private lives than any royals have been since The Queen and Prince Philip were young - why would they give any of that up?

I really don't think they are giving any of their well established privacy up. William and Catherine know they have to release pictures of the kids once in a while. We are expecting an official picture of Princess Charlotte and a family picture to be released later on. They did the same for Prince George. Although, they may end up having the pictures professionally done. Last time, everyone made too much noise over Mr. Middleton taking the unprofessional pictures. Although, everyone (or at least I did) understood the idea of intimate family taking the intimate family shot.

I imagine that William and Catherine will know that issuing photographs or doing photoshoots etc is not about the press or the media - it is about connecting with the people of the country over which they will one day reign.
To that end, I like the fact that they have issued one or two "private" photos from time to time and I think it is a good way of doing things - sort of like "we'll take the photos and decide which one to let you use" - it seems more personal somehow.

A class of Huyton school children were delighted when they received personal letters from Kensington Palace.

Thirty children from St Aloysius Catholic Primary School sent handwritten letters to William and Kate congratulating them on the birth of their daughter Princess Charlotte.

The inquisitive year one and two classes asked the Prince and Princess if baby Charlotte was a good baby and whether Prince George helps his parents look after his new sister.
More: Schoolchildren delighted with their royal replies after writing to Kate and William - Liverpool Echo

Avia Jenkins Mead, of St Margaret's Roman Catholic Church School in Aberdare, sent a card to the Palace after the birth of Princess Charlotte

A Cynon Valley six-year-old was delighted after Buckingham Palace thanked her for a congratulatory card she sent following the birth of Princess Charlotte.

Avia Jenkins Mead, six, of St Margaret’s Roman Catholic Church School in Aberdare, asked acting headteacher Joanna Taylor to help her send the hand-made card to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, which congratulated them on the arrival of Princess Charlotte on May 2.

But what Avia was not expecting was to receive a response from Buckingham Palace thanking her for her kind and caring consideration of the Royal baby.
More: Six-year-old Avia delighted by Buckingham Palace response after she sent a letter to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Wales Online

An imaginative gift created by Island children to celebrate Princess Charlotte’s birth has received the royal seal of approval.

Tracy Jones, of Western Avenue, Halfway, said the youngsters she child-minds were thrilled to receive a missive on behalf of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

It was a regal “thank you” for a card the children sent to Buckingham Palace last month.

It featured a painting of a ballerina dress and included the handprints of its seven young creators.

They added a message, which read: “For your little Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Here are all our handprints to show how much we care.”
More: Sheppey pre-schoolers receive thank-you cards on behalf of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Although they do prefer tennis to horse racing I doubt they'll go to Wimbledon this year because of Princess Charlotte. The writer is only guessing they'll go.

They left the baby with Nanny Maria for polo. They can leave her and George for a couple of hours if they want to go. The christening is on the midweek break of the tournament. They could go to a early round and the men's final especially if Murray makes to the final.

Every year except when she was carrying George they have gone so I wouldn't be surprised if we see them or even Kate with her sister.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We were commenting on another thread about the Cambridges not going to Ascot but they do like tennis. The Queen despite being Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club has only attended Wimbledon twice in almost 40 years I believe.

Just different strokes for different folks.

The Cambridge's do like horse racing and have attended many horse races over the years. They just haven't attended Royal Ascot yet. Harry never attended either until last year, where he attended his very first Royal Ascot meeting and attended again this year.

YOUNGSTERS were given a right royal thank you when they wrote to welcome a new princess into the world.

Reception class pupils at Menston Primary School all received individual replies from the Palace after writing to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their daughter Charlotte.

Every single child who wrote to the royal couple was rewarded with a photograph of Kate and William with their new baby and a thank you message on the reverse.

The replies to the excited four and five-year-olds, read: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were most touched that you took the trouble to write as you did on the birth of their daughter, Princess Charlotte. Their Royal Highnesses are extremely grateful for the wonderful messages they have received and send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.
More: Menston youngsters get parcel from the palace after writing to royal couple (From Wharfedale Observer)

When seven-year-old Rubey Chester from Llanelli sent a drawing to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of Princess Charlotte, she never imagined she would be getting a letter of her own in return.

But, after sending a letter to the royals with a note saying that their new baby daughter was adorable, little Rubey was delighted to receive a card in response.

"We call Rubey a princess and she said in the letter that she hoped when Charlotte was older they could play together — the two princesses," mum Lyndsey Chester told the Llanelli Star.

"It was really lovely that she thought to do something thoughtful like that.
More: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge write to Llanelli girl, 7, after she sent drawings to baby Princess | South Wales Evening Post

KP has confirmed that the four met to "discuss their shared interest in combating the illegal wildlife trade"

- Angeline Jolie works closely with William Hague and Mr Hague chairs Prince William's United for Wildlife taskforce.
Hollywood royalty mixed with the real deal on Friday when Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie had tea with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate.

According to Us Weekly, the two couples met for a private meeting in Kensington Palace.

It is the first time they have come together.
More: 'Everyone got on splendidly': Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie enjoy afternoon tea meeting with Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Wow, I would've loved to get a picture of those four meeting!

I surprised we didn't. The Jolie/Pitt team seldom miss an opportunity for a photo op. :ermm:
I'm not sure that is true. Yes, they use photops, in the way that royals use engagements. Celebrities don't do engagement but I wouldn't call multiple visits to refurge camps and alot of other things "doing photo-ops". They are using their celebrity to spearhead their cause, just in the way royals do.

I'm really not much for the Hollywood celebrity scene and probably could pass Angelina Jolie on the street and not recognize her (Brad Pitt I'd recognize) and there are few celebrities I'd cross the street to see but I do have to admit that the glimpses I've gotten into the lives of these two celebrities has impressed me. They don't jump on the bandwagon to get people to look at them but to get people to wake up and pay attention to things that need done.

There aren't too many celebrities let alone people these days that care enough to reach out and do things so that others can have a better life like Jolie/Pitt do with their causes. They don't just talk the talk but also walk the walk. I can imagine that those 2 hours with Will and Kate were very enjoyable ones and I do think when it comes to United for Wildlife, these 4 together can and will be a powerful force. :flowers:

After of months of negotiation Brangelina had flown to London earlier in the morning so Jolie can attend a lunch at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office on Monday as part of her work on UK foreign policy and her ongoing campaign to end war zone sexual violence.

I'm glad W & C found time to visit

Last edited:
I'm really not much for the Hollywood celebrity scene and probably could pass Angelina Jolie on the street and not recognize her (Brad Pitt I'd recognize) and there are few celebrities I'd cross the street to see but I do have to admit that the glimpses I've gotten into the lives of these two celebrities has impressed me. They don't jump on the bandwagon to get people to look at them but to get people to wake up and pay attention to things that need done.

There aren't too many celebrities let alone people these days that care enough to reach out and do things so that others can have a better life like Jolie/Pitt do with their causes. They don't just talk the talk but also walk the walk. I can imagine that those 2 hours with Will and Kate were very enjoyable ones and I do think when it comes to United for Wildlife, these 4 together can and will be a powerful force. :flowers:
IMHO if Ms. Jolie chooses to align herself with United for Wildlife or any of the charities that are a part of the Royal Foundation of the Cambridges and Harry her efforts will be well received.

Angelina and Brad have done many good things for causes, not surprised the royals want to meet them, though I think Prince Charles would do better becauE he does more charity work than WilknKate.

Angelina and Brad have done many good things for causes, not surprised the royals want to meet them, though I think Prince Charles would do better becauE he does more charity work than WilknKate.
Well, since Angelina works alot with William Hauge that is the (i think) director of United for wildlife (the collaboration Prince William formed) it's not surprising they wanted to meet up. Seems logical to me.

We were commenting on another thread about the Cambridges not going to Ascot but they do like tennis. The Queen despite being Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club has only attended Wimbledon twice in almost 40 years I believe.

Just different strokes for different folks.

I well remember one of the Queen's visits to Wimbledon. It might have been the 100th anniversary of Wimbledon(??) but it was the year Virginia Wade won. Her Majesty looked so bored and disinterested that it was comical. She never cracked a smile or clapped at any time when the camera was on her. She just sat there wearing sunglasses and looking very nice in her hat and gloves. You could tell she would have rather been elsewhere.

The Cambridges are true tennis fans and it's fun to watch them cheering and moaning with each stroke of the racket. So, yes, I hope they do show up at least once this year, even if it's not until the finals. Maybe one day the Duchess will become the patron of the club and present the trophies. She'll certainly be a welcome change from the dour Duke of Kent.

That's really not a fair comparison as Charles has built up his charities and patronages for decades. To be honest, I think for just starting out these past few years as serious part time royals, Will, Kate and Harry have created quite a diversified list of their own that I find impressive.

Completely agree, unfortunately, a meeting with Angelina and Brad and The Cambridges (even though no photos), will get a lot more coverage than if they were meeting Prince Charles.

(I say 'unfortunately', that's probably the wrong thing to say, as any way that extra publicity can be generated for these types of campaigns is never a bad thing - although I'm a huge fan of Prince Charles and it would be great if media got even more involved in his work.)

It's not really an issue of quantity here (in terms of the variety or amount of charity work), but rather the fact the William is the president of United for Wildlife, which is apparently what they were meeting to discuss. It seems there was an actual point for the meeting, not just a "let's talk about charities" play date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom