General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the continuation of a ten year campaign against the Middletons by the Daily Mail.

The story isn't true for the simple fact it quotes a 'Middleton family friend' speaking to the DM about the staffing arrangements at Anmer Hall.

Again I'm amazed at how the DM becomes a paragon of virtue for some when it throws red meat to the anti-Middleton and anti-Cambridge crowd but instantly becomes the 'Daily Fail' if it criticises Harry.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

But why would it be a bad thing? For every woma who has a new baby help is important, especially if it comes from the mother! W&K asked for help when George was born so I don't see the problem if Carole moved to their home for a bit. Really.

If W&K were aiming to have Carole and Mike move in and act as the 'maid and gardener' they wouldn't have brought staff from Sandringham in the first place.

A screaming minority hates all things Middleton and this article gives them an excuse to click and comment.

Plus there is a staff at KP along with the HR dept of BP that would be used to find staff. If Mike & Carole go to Amner, it will only be as grandparents.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I guess the story was made up because the gardener and the italian housekeeper are said to have quit their job...

I thought it was the Woods, who live on the Sandringham estate, who quit suddenly. Mrs Wood was acting as housekeeper and her husband was gardener at Amner over Christmas. They then left and are reputedly returning to work at the 'big house' on the estate. I think Antoinella, the Cambridges' cook-housekeeper at Kensington Palace is still there.

Remember 'quite suddenly' is the DM's phrase. I'm confused as to how employment works for the royals. If the Woods were working for W&K permanently, why is there a position for them to return to at the big house?

If this is the case then it leads me to believe the position with W&K was only temporary to begin with and they were on loan as it were.

The other thing, if the Woods did talk to the press or talked to their friends who then talked to the press, there would absolutely be no job to return to.

I can't imagine The Queen tolerates that sort of behaviour from employees.

Remember 'quite suddenly' is the DM's phrase. I'm confused as to how employment works for the royals. If the Woods were working for W&K permanently, why is there a position for them to return to at the big house?

If this is the case then it leads me to believe the position with W&K was only temporary to begin with and they were on loan as it were.

The other thing, if the Woods did talk to the press or talked to their friends who then talked to the press, there would absolutely be no job to return to.

I can't imagine The Queen tolerates that sort of behaviour from employees.
Exactly!! Very good post!

I didn't know the Woods or their friends had talked to the Press. As far as I know they've been as silent as the grave about the circumstances of their leaving Anmer. They left suddenly after Christmas.

The media pointed out that the Middletons spent a long Christmas holiday at Anmer, not the Woods.They had been in the Queen's employment a year or so ago and apparently that's where they are returning. Some staff like big hierarchical households and the Woods may be among that number.

Just so I'm clear, when you say the 'media pointed out' you're referring the Daily Mail right? Just so I keep my media straight

This is part of Charlotte Griffiths Girl about Town gossip column for the Mail on Sunday

I don't have my media straight either at this point, but I do hope Kate spares a room for Charles, when he visits. She may not throw herself in hot lava for him, but she clearly loves her father-in-law and wants Georgie to spend time with his other grandfather every few months or so.
Just my two cents. Or pennies.

The Daily Mail is trying to create a rift between Catherine and her father-in-law, Charles for their readers. I think it's silly and childish, but it's been done before with other royals too.

I don't have my media straight either at this point, but I do hope Kate spares a room for Charles, when he visits. She may not throw herself in hot lava for him, but she clearly loves her father-in-law and wants Georgie to spend time with his other grandfather every few months or so.
Just my two cents. Or pennies.

I am quite, quite certain that should any of the working Royal Family want to stay overnight - that a room would be found. For me, and this discussion belongs on other threads so I apologize to the Mods, but I think Charles (or Anne or whomever) would love to see the little nippers, but have no desire to wallow overnight with the muss, fuss and opportunity to lose sleep.

You all do realize that Sandringham is about 10,000 ft down King's road from Anmer? It would take longer to warm the car than to drive there.

We no nothing about their lives. I highly doubt the Daily Mail knows anything either. They are the Royal Family not some soap opera. If I was the Royal Family I would demand the the Daily Mail to remove the coat of arms from their paper.

I am quite, quite certain that should any of the working Royal Family want to stay overnight - that a room would be found. For me, and this discussion belongs on other threads so I apologize to the Mods, but I think Charles (or Anne or whomever) would love to see the little nippers, but have no desire to wallow overnight with the muss, fuss and opportunity to lose sleep.

You all do realize that Sandringham is about 10,000 ft down King's road from Anmer? It would take longer to warm the car than to drive there.

Yes, I grew up in North Norfolk. It depends on how often Charles spends at Sandringham, doesn't it? When Charles was young the family regularly spent part of the early autumn there (they would occasionally be seen in nearby villages) and Charles honed his skills in fishing and other country occupations in the waterways.
. Nowadays, although William is rumoured to love it on the estate, the royals, especially Charles who has Highgrove, spend relatively little time there, apart from Christmas.

Not paparazzi. Random happy jogger :p It was her leaving from London to her engagement :) Cute that George is seeing her of :)

No wonder royal toddlers grow up wanting to fly helicopters when they are big. It appears the photos are from Kate leaving to go to Kent since her and Rebecca are heading towards the helicopter from the Range Rover.

They love to create drama where none exists. It's their way of keeping the 'soap opera' going.

The Daily Mail is trying to create a rift between Catherine and her father-in-law, Charles for their readers. I think it's silly and childish, but it's been done before with other royals too.

Don't know if any of that is true but if Kate was super exhausted why did she do 4 days of engagements plus 2 more days next week. She could have just did the 2 church services.

The right now it seems that they are still based at KP with Kate being spotted in London while Wills was in China and all of the engagements this week. So maybe her parents are overseeing the new baby's room decorating in Norfolk while the Cambridges are in London.

While KP is a palace, I don't think the private apartment side are treated like museums but family homes.

There are a couple of occasions recently where she has looked tired but she supposedly said the other day that she does forget she is pregnant at times, which to me means that she is finding the pregnancy easy :)

What always sounds the alarm for me is the level of detail in such stories. Catherine Ostler (former editor of Tatler btw) claims to know things in this article that are virtually impossible to know.

Unless the Mail Online has a microphone and camera installed in Anmer Hall, I think I'll give this one a pass

There are a couple of occasions recently where she has looked tired but she supposedly said the other day that she does forget she is pregnant at times, which to me means that she is finding the pregnancy easy :)

This makes sense to me. The last trimester although one becomes ungainly with the added weight and tends to do the "mama waddle", it is feeling normal with no sickness for the most part. One does tend to feel tired though as the wee hours of the night is when the future Olympian tends to work out in the jungle gym a lot and its hard to sleep.

Kate seems to carry herself with grace and looks so extremely happy but the tiredness look tells me the baby is healthy and perhaps sometimes too active. :D

I was ever-so-grateful that my mum helped me out in the last few weeks of my 2nd pregnancy. I love my mum-in-law, but my mum knows me best. Kate has full trust in her mum, and why wouldn't she want her around?

I love how the media thinks William is easily manipulated - he's far from it!

This makes sense to me. The last trimester although one becomes ungainly with the added weight and tends to do the "mama waddle", it is feeling normal with no sickness for the most part. One does tend to feel tired though as the wee hours of the night is when the future Olympian tends to work out in the jungle gym a lot and its hard to sleep.

Kate seems to carry herself with grace and looks so extremely happy but the tiredness look tells me the baby is healthy and perhaps sometimes too active. :D
You brought up a very good point Osipi because I do believe many people do not realize that developing babies are active when their mothers are resting and quiet when they're moving. There is a reason why newborns are comforted by being rocked or jiggled when their fussy. :) They can be at their most active at around 2am when mother is trying to get a few hours of sleep.

Several sources on Twitter are saying William, Catherine and Prince George were seen at a play-centre today building sandcastles to celebrate Mother's Day.

Several sources on Twitter are saying William, Catherine and Prince George were seen at a play-centre today building sandcastles to celebrate Mother's Day.
Saw that as well. Sounds like a great time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom