The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember an old lady getting the same birthday card from the Queen multiple years after turning 100. The palace sent William out to meet her. This is just another DM click bait piece.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:41 AM
Majesty

Not sure if people know this but correspondence sent to the Cambridges goes to Clarence House, not Kensington Palace.

Thats also the reason the reply is identical to the reply you receive from Charles and Camilla.

Most letters (although some) don't receive a personal reply. There is a dedicated correspondence department that looks after that.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

If people want to receive a personal reply, they should try sending very unique letters to the royals, instead of the same thing over and over again. Letters that stand out from the rest is the best.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
If people want to receive a personal reply, they should try sending very unique letters to the royals, instead of the same thing over and over again. Letters that stand out from the rest is the best.

Or maybe they shouldn't bother?

Who wants to answer letters from a stranger anyway? I think people are lucky to get a standard acknowledgment.

(Same with those people who write to film and television stars; I saw a show once which showed all the letters at some warehouse in Burbank being answered by studio employees. The celebrities never even saw them. )
Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I remember an old lady getting the same birthday card from the Queen multiple years after turning 100. The palace sent William out to meet her. This is just another DM click bait piece.
I do remember that and in fact, I found a link to the story released at the time. Its quite heartwarming.

109 year old complains about birthday cards from Queen, then gets visit from William

That is one thing I do admire about all the British royals just about. Even with all the correspondence they get from people all over the world, they do take the time to assure that letters and cards and greetings are acknowledged. With the sheer volume of mail coming in, it would be impossible for the receiving royal to actually read and reply to each and every letter they receive but I think our Dman has hit on the clincher. Write something totally unique to grab their attention. One case in point is when an American wrote to HM and asked her to please take the United States back.

American writes to the Queen asking her to take back control of the US because Presidential candidates 'aren’t up to par' | The Independent

I think too that sometimes writing a letter that expresses admiration or warm wishes on a happy occasion to someone we admire isn't always done in the hopes that the person will actually read them but it makes the sender feel good. It kind of works along the lines of how we have a specific thread to wish people "happy birthday" or "happy anniversary" even though we know the person we're wishing well will never, ever read it.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Or maybe they shouldn't bother?

Who wants to answer letters from a stranger anyway? I think people are lucky to get a standard acknowledgment.

(Same with those people who write to film and television stars; I saw a show once which showed all the letters at some warehouse in Burbank being answered by studio employees. The celebrities never even saw them. )
I understand the desire to want to write to the royals. The royals have fans and pretty much exist due to the publics love for them. The problem is the Royals receive a great deal of letters on a daily bases, if you're going to write them, you better make sure your letter stands out and very unique than the rest.

Although, sending them letters for Christmas, Anniversaries and congratulating them on the birth of their babies are pretty much useless, imo. You're going to get the same reply pretty much every time.

Also, to write to the royals personally, I think you have to address it to their private secretaries. I think the letters have to be specially marked. Especially if you're sending them an invitation.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

They do hold hands, but the Windsor's aren't a family that show much affection in public.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes we saw several pics of this (hand holding) when they were in India. They are fairly touchy feely really...he often puts his hand on her back or around her shoulders...and she often puts her hand on his arm or leg etc.

LaRae
Old 02-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

They've got two kids, so there's some touching.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
We all know that our parents only touched once for each kid!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-22-2017, 07:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yeah well I'm talking about PDA!

LaRae
Old 02-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I know. I'm just saying these people touch. They try to keep things professional when in public, but once in a while we get a glimpse into their love and affection for each other. They're also a little shy about what they have.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I think William and Kate, like Harry, prefer to keep their personal and private lives out of the public domain. Sometimes though, those rare glances and body language does show us a little bit of how they feel about each other.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-22-2017, 09:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes I agree Osipi (and Dman) ...they do try to keep their private lives very private and I think it's a good thing.

LaRae
Old 02-22-2017, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Who is Kate Middleton? What a ridiculous article. PDA tells you nothing. Looks, body language, and especially "leaning in" tells you a lot more about couples and co workers, friends, etc. relationships.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:27 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Time for a new thread:
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017