General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily Nash from Hello said on Twitter about an hour ago. It's all 4 Cambridges. I wonder if the Duke of Westminster has a property near by because I can't think what relatives would be in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's a good probability, if it's his private jet and his Range Rovers, they are staying at one of his properties as well.

Not if they are on a large estate that the Duke of Westminster owns. That's is private property and the Duke of Westminster has a lot of money to keep unwanted people out.

Hopefully far enough back to mess up the telephoto lenses.

LaRae

I hope the Cambridge's have a good and private time!

Hopefully far enough back to mess up the telephoto lenses.

LaRae

I'm thinking along the same lines. No need to have pictures of the family on a private holiday. Though I'm sure there will be some paps trying to catch a glimpse and get 'the money shot' anyway.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Maybe they will release a holiday photo similarly to when they went on the skiing holiday.

Yes and that should be sufficient for anyone ....just a family shot of them released after the fact. No one needs to intrude on a private holiday.

LaRae

i am so surprised that they are coming back to france following the paparazzi photos they took of them last time.

in any case, i am excited about the canadian trip later on this year!

Not if they are on a large estate that the Duke of Westminster owns. That's is private property and the Duke of Westminster has a lot of money to keep unwanted people out.

I thought the property was further south, in the Sierra Madrona?

"Daily Mail Australia" - now online - has photos of the Biarritz hotel where the Cambridge family has spent part of their French summer holiday.

(Can't post links from my tablet.)

The cat's out of the bag now William, Catherine and the children are back home.

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" has details of the chateau at which the Duke and Duchess spent time on their ten day French summer holiday.

Chateau La Rocque, in the village of Pouydraguin, near Toulouse.

(I can't post links sorry.)

Last edited:
Maybe the British media had to sit on this information.

I just googled the Chateau La Rocque to have a look at it, and William and Catherine's visit seems to have been on French websites since August 6th.

It's always good to have friends in high places. The generous perks can be amazing.

SMH

"It is understood that..." has to be one of the most abused phrases at the Daily Mail. But certainly, Katie Nicholl.. cobble a story together out of copy/pasting older stories, add in some speculation and insinuation, and build that resentment up in order to get those page clicks.

SMH

"It is understood that..." has to be one of the most abused phrases at the Daily Mail. But certainly, Katie Nicholl.. cobble a story together out of copy/pasting older stories, add in some speculation and insinuation, and build that resentment up in order to get those page clicks.

What is even more baaaffling is how the Sheeple congregation of readers of these rags consistently eat these stories all up as if its their daily meal of eggs and baaacon.

Baaaaa humbug! :whistling:

I've stayed with friends or been invited to stay at the vacant cottage/summer house of close family friends numerous times on vacation. And my family and I have extended the same courtesy to others. The Daily Mail would call this liking a free holiday, (can't argue there), but where I come from we call it "being nice." Obviously the places the Cambridges are staying at are on a completely different scale but I think the principle of friends helping friends is the same.

Its not about it being free. its the insinuation its quid pro quo. Getting a favor owed by royals. Look at the articles about Charles and Annabel :ermm:

Royals (and I'm excepting the Queen and Prince Philip completely) do get perks and deals that the rest of us can only dream of. The same thing happens with world famous celebrities and the extremely wealthy.

It's been going on for generations. Look at the holidays taken on Necker for example. I don't think either Harry or Diana were besties with Richard Branson (though of course he knew/knows them) but Necker was offered for holidays anyway.

Look at the deals made for cars with the BRF, both private and official. I don't think the car companies concerned were/are offering vehicles out of the kindness of their hearts, and if anyone does, I've got a bridge to sell them! The media mogul who owns the place in France doubtless knows Prince Charles but I doubt he's a best friend of William and Kate.

It's a win-win situation for these people. 'I've had royalty staying at my holiday home', driving this particular brand of car, etc, and as I said, it's been going on for generations.

I read once that when Edward VII went to rest his stomach at Baden he would stay at a particular hotel at very cut price rates because of the prestige factor. Why? Because it brought other customers in, especially the British upper classes.

And the same thing happens today, with resorts etc. The hotel complex that Harry stayed at when he had THAT strip session, reported a huge leap in bookings soon afterwards!

Last edited:
However, the Cambridges have no power. They can't make a person an ambassador or given multipound defense contract to their business. That all controlled by the government and we see them do cronyism all the time appointing big donors to peerages, gongs, etc.

No, it's the prestige factor with royals everywhere. It's another kind of thing with politicians, and it happens all over the world.

I happen to post on another forum and years ago a Danish poster wrote of the deals Crown Princess Mary got from certain shops in Copenhagen ref shoes, handbags etc. Now, of course, that poster might well have been lying out of her back teeth. Pure speculation. I don't know. On the other hand, she seemed to have a lot of info about the Princess and about her husband's scuba equipment too. And neither Frederik nor Mary have power either.

I didn't say it was right or fair, simply that is why people complain. They Think its greasing palms. Annabel hides Charles affair, and in return gets multi million dollar contracts. Add to that the 'another vacation from what?" and DM knows how to stir the pot :bang:

As for Necker, Harry and the Yorks are all pretty chummy with Sam and Holly.

Then it's not a quid pro quo. The Duke of Westminster didn't gain anything from lending his plane. He already had prestige and money. Viscount Linley is William's cousin does he sell more furniture because his cousin stated at his house? Probably not.

Kate doesn't get a dress from Alexander McQueen or other designers for free.

What's interesting is that there's *obvious* quid pro quo with Charles and his sister-in-law, to the tune of 1.5 million pounds, but so many people are *way* more concerned that the Cambridges might be getting something nice that most people don't.

FWIW, I disagree to a certain extent, Countessmeout. I think most people are way more upset about the Cambridges getting something that they don't than the idea that the Cambridges might be giving something in return.

This is off topic, but I remember when Harry was dating Cressida people who had followed Harry for years agreed that he and Sam hadnt been seen that much together for years. Holly is years older, and there was talk that William had removed himself from Branson influence years ago. I agree that the Yorks are friends with the Bransons.

Then it's not a quid pro quo. The Duke of Westminster didn't gain anything from lending his plane. He already had prestige and money. Viscount Linley is William's cousin does he sell more furniture because his cousin stated at his house? Probably not.

Kate doesn't get a dress from Alexander McQueen or other designers for free.

No, though Viscount Linley probably sells more furniture overall because he's the Queen's nephew. However, that's another issue.

The debate is a bit wider than quid pro quo, though, isn't it? I look on it all with a fairly cynical eye because, as I posted before, celebrities, royals and the super-rich all over the world get special deals and perks all the time.

I especially excepted the Duke of Westminster from my post because it's quite clear that he was obviously great friends of the Royal family for years and was a generous man. We don't know about the media mogul's relationship with the Cambridges or what, if anything, he's getting out of it, or will get out of it in the future.

With royals (and not just the BRF) it is a matter of prestige (or the snobbery factor). If a fashion house is known to dress a prominent Royal (or sell them handbags) then that brings other customers in and can add hundreds of thousands a year in profit.

It's known that designers/retail outlets give special deals to well known clients, for the above reason, and it has been so since the days when Paris ruled the fashion world.

Last edited by a moderator:
'The Royal Walking App'

An app for people to follow in the footsteps of Prince William and Kate Middleton when they were students in St Andrews was announced today.

The Royal Walking App will provide a trail for visitors in the Fife town where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were at university from 2001-05.

It has been devised by the St Andrews-based Hamish Foundation, which was set up to improve facilities for children and families in the town.

The app is being launched as part of initiatives in St Andrews for European Mobility Week from 16 September to encourage people to reduce their car use.
Read more: New app puts walkers on trail of William and Kat's old St Andrews haunts - The Scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom